HCG 1/4 Alien Covenant Xenomorph statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They weren't improved. You're looking at professional prototype painting. Not the factory produced paint apps from in-hand pics. Never trust the prototype pics on a company's website. In hand pics from other collectors are your best bet. Even if the website uses production pics, they're hand picking the best ones.

Well, Prime1?s marketing photos and in-hand pictures proof, that they can do it.

Well, Prime1?s marketing photos and in-hand pictures proof, that they can do it.

Not trusting promotional photos is still a good rule of thumb to follow, since I'd say Prime 1 is more of an exception than the rule.

I have the HCG Covenant xeno and the Prime 1 dog alien, and the HCG is no comparison. Of course, that's comparing an $800 1/4 scale statue to a $1500 1/3 scale statue, so not exactly comparing apples to apples here. If you want Prime 1 quality, this statue ain't it. But at the moment, it's the best Covenant alien statue available, and I'm happy with it. Whether you willing to wait years for a better one to be made is up to you. If you do buy the HCG, just keep in mind that you're buying a good statue, but not an ultra-premium one on the level of Prime 1, which is reflected in the price.

Not trusting promotional photos is still a good rule of thumb to follow, since I'd say Prime 1 is more of an exception than the rule.

I have the HCG Covenant xeno and the Prime 1 dog alien, and the HCG is no comparison. Of course, that's comparing an $800 1/4 scale statue to a $1500 1/3 scale statue, so not exactly comparing apples to apples here. If you want Prime 1 quality, this statue ain't it. But at the moment, it's the best Covenant alien statue available, and I'm happy with it. Whether you willing to wait years for a better one to be made is up to you. If you do buy the HCG, just keep in mind that you're buying a good statue, but not an ultra-premium one on the level of Prime 1, which is reflected in the price.

Sure thing. As I said, I?m impressed by the accuracy of the sculpt and it is huge. Once again I wonder, how fragile it is and what internal structure they put, so it Bambi like legs support the weight. Speaking of same, may I ask if it is heavy? Maybe hollow cast? Again, many thanks for sharing the pictures.

The base is hollow but still decently heavy and stable. The alien itself comes in 8 pieces: 4 dorsal pipes, 2 arms, tail, and body. There are metal rods extending from the feet that anchor the figure to the base. The smaller pieces all plug into the main body and have magnets inside to hold them in place.

Regarding fragility, I assume there must be some sort of internal rigid skeleton inside the body, because there is absolutely no flex or give whatsoever from the legs and torso. I would have to smash it to know for sure what's inside, but obviously I'm not gonna do that. The only areas that I would consider especially fragile are the fingers, which might break if you bump into them. I accidentally knocked an arm off the statue while dusting and some fingers snapped off from the 3 foot drop to the floor. I was furious with myself, but fortunately they were all clean breaks and I glued the fingers back on easily. Aside from any further dusting accidents, I don't foresee any durability issues with this statue.

The base is hollow but still decently heavy and stable. The alien itself comes in 8 pieces: 4 dorsal pipes, 2 arms, tail, and body. There are metal rods extending from the feet that anchor the figure to the base. The smaller pieces all plug into the main body and have magnets inside to hold them in place.

Regarding fragility, I assume there must be some sort of internal rigid skeleton inside the body, because there is absolutely no flex or give whatsoever from the legs and torso. I would have to smash it to know for sure what's inside, but obviously I'm not gonna do that. The only areas that I would consider especially fragile are the fingers, which might break if you bump into them. I accidentally knocked an arm off the statue while dusting and some fingers snapped off from the 3 foot drop to the floor. I was furious with myself, but fortunately they were all clean breaks and I glued the fingers back on easily. Aside from any further dusting accidents, I don't foresee any durability issues with this statue.

OMG! Sorry to hear about the accident. Yeah, Alien fingers are the worst. :D Luckily we got Superglue, or? Thanks again for the info. Man, I am undecided and not even sure if this is still available.

I have $30 NECA figs with comparable paint apps to this piece. That tied with the poor placement of the joint seams really shoots down any desire for me to own this which makes me sad. I am not suppressed at all that they are trying to move these through SS. I do like the movie, so I hope one day we will have a better offering of this Xeno.

Back