HCG 1/4 Alien Covenant Xenomorph statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like this pose better tbh.
caf1a1bf69a4e408c1a4ccde02c4312a.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I hate that crouching pose, even in the movie. It looks weird to me. I just don't think this is a very good creature design, you'd expect better from Scott and co.

Lol.
Which are not the only reasons I own nothing Covenant.

It truly is a sad fail in the franchise. If Scott would have just kept the line from the script in the movie, where mad loony David says, that he stole the Xeno idea from the Engineers and just reverse engineered it. Stupid crazy AI **** is not the foundation of Giger´s creation. Freaking PERIOD!!!!

I just don't think this is a very good creature design, you'd expect better from Scott and co.
that's all i'd expect from skot. that and the thing in your signature is his typical style. he's lame and finally he rules the corpse of alien.

that's all i'd expect from skot. that and the thing in your signature is his typical style. he's lame and finally he rules the corpse of alien.

The difference is that for all of its flaws, Prometheus actually did it's own thing. It had interesting potential. I was actually looking forward to seeing the proper sequel. Covenant wasn't it.....

The problem with Covenant is it's a flawed and over corrective movie made in response to a flawed movie that was made without a plan for itself yet alone a trilogy. Plus they completely ****ed up the creature designs and dealt another death blow to an amazing franchise.
Thematically the movies are interesting, but they're really just serving up forgettable morons, responding to a beacon, doing stupid **** and being killed by a **** looking alien, again.

The problem with Covenant is it's a flawed and over corrective movie made in response to a flawed movie that was made without a plan for itself yet alone a trilogy. Plus they completely ****ed up the creature designs and dealt another death blow to an amazing franchise.
Thematically the movies are interesting, but they're really just serving up forgettable morons, responding to a beacon, doing stupid **** and being killed by a **** looking alien, again.

Word!

I am sure I am in the minority here, but I have liked all permutations of the xenomorph as I am a fan of the creature itself and the feeling of doom and helplessness that it represents when it appears in every Alien film regardless of it's structure. In terms of creature design, my least liked xenomorph is the Alien Resurrection Warrior, but I still enjoyed it very much. I am not too sure why folks are complaining about the emaciated look, or the 4 legged stance, as this was a hallmark characteristic of the Dog Alien. I think the fact that the Protomorph was spawned from a human host rather than a quadruped/beast and displayed insect like traits ties into the story's plot as David explained the genesis of the incubation process for this specific strain of xenomorph/protomorph.
All Alien film have adapted to a certain mood/flavor and this is most apparently shown in the physical appearance/design of the creature, and I have enjoyed all of them without being nostalgic to the first two films which are still my favorites.

I like the design, and the pose is decent enough for my tastes. But I've never bought anything from HCG before. What is their quality like?

We are proud to present our Officially Licensed 1:4 Scale Xenomorph statue from Alien Covenant!

This magnificent Xenomorph stands an imposing 27” tall, and was recreated in 1:4 scale using the original 3D digital files from the movie.

Constructed from polystone and mixed media, this intricately detailed statue perfectly captures this terrifying Xenomorph. Each piece is hand finished and then individually hand painted to capture the smallest detail.

This stunning piece stands on a highly detailed Alien Covenant themed display base.
This is the HCG Exclusive edition, it comes complete with an additional matching Alien Covenant nameplate which follows the design elements of the statue's base. A regular edition is also available.

27" Tall

$799.95

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16612

Looks very nice. Nice pose especially since Covenant featured a rare Xeno that occasionally walked upright (when first looking down at the departing Cargo Lifter and then later when it entered the Covenant's hangar.) However I agree that the trailer money shot of it crouching and growling on the lifter probably would have been the better pose.

I really want to like this statue since Im a big Alien fan. The Idea of having ”the first” gigeresque Alien in the evolution is appealing. But the movie kind of went side ways when they desided to bring in the Alien at the end. One of the reasons IMO is the treatment of the Alien behaviour. Its to animalistic, therby predictable. Not alien enough. But when I look at behind the scenens fotage I really appreciate some of the new design elements, though not the simplefied face. What to do??!

I really want to like this statue since Im a big Alien fan. The Idea of having ”the first” gigeresque Alien in the evolution is appealing. But the movie kind of went side ways when they desided to bring in the Alien at the end. One of the reasons IMO is the treatment of the Alien behaviour. Its to animalistic, therby predictable. Not alien enough. But when I look at behind the scenens fotage I really appreciate some of the new design elements, though not the simplefied face. What to do??!
You do you man. You'll find nothing but opinions on here, which as we all know are like ****s - everyone has one.

If you look at the piece and it makes you happy and you find yourself going back to look at the pictures because you like it and the prices is fair to you then you should do it.

In my experience though, if you not mad about it, that's a pass. It's money that could go to another statue or a nobler cause, best to just wait for the next piece.

I had the same dilemma over which coolprops 1:1 head to order. On one hand, the Giger Alien was the original, but now the Covenant Alien is the "kayfabe" original. So it was like, do i buy the chronological first head, or story first head? I went with the Giger head, and its about $600 extra or so. In my collection, i have a combination of Alien and Predator. So i need to be more selective. So i opted for sentimental. However, if it was pure Alien id be more inclined to buy both. The design i think is ok, the prototype is excellent for trying to represent what its supposed to be.

So it was like, do i buy the chronological first head, or story first head?
if that bothers you, think about this:
5 years from now Scott will eat more mushshrooms and order his zealots to make another "firster than first alien", what will you do?

I really want to like this statue since Im a big Alien fan. The Idea of having ”the first” gigeresque Alien in the evolution is appealing. But the movie kind of went side ways when they desided to bring in the Alien at the end. One of the reasons IMO is the treatment of the Alien behaviour. Its to animalistic, therby predictable. Not alien enough.

I really enjoyed Covenant but I agree with this. On the commentary track when Ridley Scott stated that the Xenomorph charged the cargo lift crane because it thought it was another animal I thought "wha??? since when can xenomorphs be tricked so easily?" In prior films they always seemed to have an inherent ability to instantly detect whether something was alive, synthetic, carrying an embryo, etc.

5 years from now Scott will eat more mushshrooms and order his zealots to make another "firster than first alien", what will you do?
Not with Disney at the helm now.

It'll be JJ Abrams doing a reboot.

The lens flares off the done and slick creature will be legendary.

If they decided to revisit the original plot from Prometheus and explore the Deacon from the mural which literally was the first Alien, the one they were trying to recreate as a means to save their species and was the catalyst for the the entire Alien franchise then i think the gravity and heft of the creatures significance would be far more interesting to me than the current Covenant one. But that being said its still down to the design, and how well the piece is executed by Sideshow/Coolprops/HCG or whatever. I really like the Resurrection design, but in the movie the head is gooey, has bits of membrane on it but the coolprops version is dry and clean and doesnt represent the creature how it appeared on screen with the effects so its a big let down. Lots of factors. But there is a definite appeal for something thats meant to have plot significance like a proto Alien.

But you did make me think about one thing actually. If i did buy a Covenant Alien based on it being story " first " Alien and a new Alien turned out to be the first, id be annoyed. Where as thats not a factor if i buy anything of the Giger Alien.

Back