Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. The only appeal to BBTS is the POL imo. I've had a lot of friends have trouble with that though. BBTS contacting them to tell them they don't have something available that is already paid for and has been sitting in their loot. I tend to use them when I have a lot of stuff coming out within a couple weeks or so of each other, to save on shipping. I prefer to use other stores or Amazon if I can though, it's almost always cheaper.

Yeah, BBTS is pretty good about returns. That's one reason I love Amazon.

So initially I was okay with Liquid & Raiden getting delayed, but now I wish they weren't. I'm getting inpatient, lol.

Urgh i'm not paying that much, price hikes will probably cut my PAK collection

I won't be buying into new lines if there gonna be $100 a pop. I'll stick to what i have

1987 Robocops arm joints look horrible too

Yeah, there a few of the more elaborate figures that are $89.99. I believe Superman & Supergirl are also $89.99. However Tidus and Yuna, who went up for preorder a little over a week ago are still $79.99. So it's not an across the board price increase, just a price increase based on tooling. Still stinks though. I'm only in for the properties I really love. If Robocop was cheaper I would be more interested, but not at $90.

Urgh i'm not paying that much, price hikes will probably cut my PAK collection

I won't be buying into new lines if there gonna be $100 a pop. I'll stick to what i have

1987 Robocops arm joints look horrible too

Head is too small too. But all PAK are.

BBTS has the worst pricing, they always price at MSRP or above. Most other places are a percentage below MSRP. Yeah.. that's still a crazy price regardless. Glad I'm not into Aliens either.

A hundred? Ill pass on the aliens. I was excited about it too. These pak are getting ridiculous, i wish they werent so nice.

sent from a tormented past

Yeah, I've pretty much stopped doing business with BBTS, they are just too expensive. I mean, when you're talking $20 for a Marvel Universe figure when it's a still a preorder. Darn, I don't need it that bad. I'd rather buy my PAK figures from amiami if I'm going to pay a lot, at least I get them a month or whatever earlier then.

PAK is too expensive now...I love their stuff but its getting to the point where Id rather spend 200 on a Hot Toys figure or nice statue over 2 PAK figures...

I find with amiami you're still going to pay a lot, but I mean, that's if you get EMS shipping. I paid $270 shipped for FFVII:AC Vincent, Yuffie, and Rufus shipped EMS. I think that's $10 more than it would have been from BBTS. I would have saved money if I went with a slower shipping method, but I always use EMS when I spend a certain amount of money as I get antsy, lol.

amiami is great though, they won't screw you. You can't cancel orders like BBTS, but when you preorder with amiami your order is secure no matter what. No issues, no screwy prices, etc. They are fast to ship as well.

I have been starting to order from amiami as well the past year over BBTS. BBTS still has the best with their padding for shipments but the fact they mark full price on their shipments and I typically wait for pile of loot, means I have to pay huge customs fees (Im in Canada). Never had that problem with amiami, even with an expensive item.

We should all email bbts and tell them how pissed off we are about the gouging. I might start a thread on it. Maybe i could get enough people to message in. No one complains. I think solidus was the test to see what wed pay for pak and bbts was like "well theyre paying $120 so why cant we charge more?". Btw, what is the benefit of pile of loot and how does it work?

sent from a tormented past

Almost everything I'm getting in the next six months is coming from amiami. The rest is from Nippon-Yasan. If I'm waiting for anything that's already imported I just use Amazon or Tatsu Hobby, or whoever has the best price. I very rarely use BBTS, but I have some credit there I need to use up so eventually I get some stuff from them again.

I agree, with amiami I've never had trouble with expensive orders. That's why I'm getting my Medicom stuff from them. The savings are huge going that way. For PAK figures you're not really saving much over BBTS, but you get them faster. I find PAK is probably the exception to the rule oddly enough, almost anything else I import personally is a noticeable savings over buying it from a "middleman" in America.

Back