Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should all email bbts and tell them how pissed off we are about the gouging. I might start a thread on it. Maybe i could get enough people to message in. No one complains. I think solidus was the test to see what wed pay for pak and bbts was like "well theyre paying $120 so why cant we charge more?". Btw, what is the benefit of pile of loot and how does it work?

sent from a tormented past

Pile of Loot allows you to "sit" on purchases and add to your shipment and ship them when you want. So if I order 2 PAKs now, which are in stock they will hold it for me untill I click ship. So if I then order something in January which is in stock, my shipment now includes the 2 PAKs and what I ordered in Jan, so I can ship the whole "pile of loot" instead of 2 seperate shipments, so you save on the shipping charge (at least in theory, doesnt work as well for us internationals as high declared value means custom fees will be almost gauranteed above $100 declared value).

Last edited:
The problem with POL is that it's not really a secure guarantee. BBTS often over sells or looses things that you've already paid for in your POL and your SOL. This is even more frustrating b/c so much of what they sell is limited so when you get screwed by them and try to find it elsewhere you are often out of luck as it's sold out. That's one reason I don't do much business with them anymore. High prices and unreliable POL system. It's a nice theory but just doesn't always work.

Maybe he was just excited to get in your hands.
Or maybe was kind of "sweat of despair".

Anyways, luckily I haven't got that many really f:ed up PAKs, but for example my Cammy has really loose leg. She can stand in relatively non-dynamic pose, but that's it. I couldn't pose her doing some of those fancy flying kicks etc. because the leg would just fell of. What comes to the paint issues, I haven't had anything serious.

About the price; yeah, it's soon something I'm not willing to pay. But we got that stand...right. I actually use that stand with my MGS Raiden. It's not bad, but is it worth that price hike. No. BTW: Solidus was in many stores about 140-150€ here in EU and Finland. That is harsh :lol I eventually bought a versions which had damaged box and got at least some discount.

Play arts has officially priced me out. Only MGS related figures for me.I bet they will finally make a MGS2 Snake now that the prices are $100

I would pay a ton for MGS2 Snake, but if the line goes that route. Effectively doubling in price in two years then I'll be out myself. Which would suck, because I really, really, REALLY need a ****ing full cast of FFVII figures.

I love PAK, but they are not, in any way, worth over $100. I mean, I will pay upwards of $100 for something elaborate like Solidus Snake or Warrior of Light, but for an average PAK figure like Raiden? $70 max before shipping. I'm not paying $80, I'm not paying $90, and I'm certainly not paying $130, lol. For Solid Snake? Okay, you've got me by the *****, name your price. That's about it though.

They're pricing themselves out of buyers. People didn't buy the MGS1 figures because they were 60$. Look at the prices today, average is about 80$ :huh

I dont get how they couple these prices with some of the worst licences a company like them could get. Who wants a PA figure from Medal of Honor? or Star Trek? What about a Batman with a gun sword?

I wouldnt buy those for $60

Woh woh woh woh, leave Batman out of this, that's low. He's awesome. I have him and he's great, plus the idea is super cool. The rest are not my cup of tea, but maybe someone likes them.

Amazon is probably the best deal for PAKS as long as your not one of those people who have to get it as soon as it comes out. I buy most of my PAK from Amazon, they usually have the best prices for me, if you wait a few weeks after they have been released, they usually drop in price.

Back