Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my PAK DC Variant Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Batman. Wonder Woman's left arm came out of the shoulder joint immediately out of the box. Batman's right leg is longer than the left so he can't stand up straight without looking like a gimp. Green Lantern is the only one that was ok, except for a paint blemish on the ring effect. I paid $80 a figure for this?? Hopefully I can get an exchange at my store but I am not happy.

lol at PAK pricing themselves above 65 for their figures. these figures are worth 45 at best. you can tell a lot of these figures are not selling.
look at general zod. i see him on ebay sell for 40 all the time and i got mines for 38 and he is a pretty recent release.

I paid an average of $65 for each of the DC Comics Variant figures, I won't pay over $70 for them. I just wait for them to drop. With Street Fighter, I paid around $45 to $55 for each. The new Final Fantasy and MGS figures are the only ones I've paid over $65 for. I think they're worth around $60-70, especially with the stands, but $80 is pushing it. Despite being 10" in scale, they don't feel like they are the quality overall that I would expect from a figure that scale. Some are, like Cyborg Ninja or Vincent Valentine, but $60 is a more realistic value for me. That said, there are positives too, like no web exclusives, and lines like MGS are still going, so we'll get more releases. Compared to Tamashii where you're often paying $60+ because so many releases have become exclusives, and the lines don't always get past one or two releases, and minor characters and villains get the shaft. PAK isn't leagues apart necessarily, but they do tend to make more villains and characters you wouldn't always expect. I often wonder if Tamashii had the MGS license we would ever get Solidus or Liquid Snake, and if so they would probably be statues. So there is that to consider. I think a lot of things come into how I feel about pricing and what I'll pay personally.

Glad I got out of this line a long time ago. They have some cool licenses but the end result and greedy prices killed these for me. Forgot to mention the scales all over the place, Master Chief smaller than everyone else lol.

Glad I got out of this line a long time ago. They have some cool licenses but the end result and greedy prices killed these for me. Forgot to mention the scales all over the place, Master Chief smaller than everyone else lol.

Exactly and the paint apps are terrible .

You know something is wrong when the figures you sell are more expensive than the game they are in. (Unless of course they are hot toys or sideshow statues. That's a different case)

Last edited:
You know something is wrong when the figures you sell are cheaper than the game they are in. (Unless of course they are hot toys or sideshow statues. That's a different case)

Why should figures cost more than $60? :dunno

I mean, they're not statues or 1:6 figures, like you said.

You guys sure love to pretend these figures are bite sized :lol Seriously look at the stuff Bandai throws out or any other Japanese company. Thirty to forty dollars for something around five to six inches tall. PAK has been throwing around characters nearly a foot tall. That's a lot more to articulate, a lot more to sculpt, and a lot more to paint. At the very least of course they would be twice the price. It's still a third of what you would pay for with Hot Toys and Hot Toys reuses the body and other parts of figures. I'll never understand why people peck and choose what they want to complain about in a hobby defined by ripping its fanbase off. Just deal with it. Easiest solution is to not promote PAK via constant bumping of this thread, constantly pretending to be surprised by things you already know.

I'll try to predict the next wave of posts in this thread

*Figure is announced*
Oh wow this sculpt is incredible!
*Paint apps shown*
Mess still looks good. Only one we'll get! Can't wait!
*Preorders go up*
WOW how can they charge so much seriously!?
*Figures in hand*
I'm satisfied. I'll be collecting the rest of the line!

difference is, those other Japanese companies are putting out top-notch figures for the price. I have zero complaints paying $50 or $60 for a figuarts, revoltech, or figma figures because of how good they are. When I'm paying upwards of $90 dollars and are having issues left and right, there is a problem. Like my previous post, my DC variant Wonder Woman had a broken arm right out of the box and my Batman has a shorter leg than the other. My Green Lantern also has paint issues. Don't get me wrong, I usually love my PAK figures, but their price increase should warrant quality increase too.

difference is, those other Japanese companies are putting out top-notch figures for the price. I have zero complaints paying $50 or $60 for a figuarts, revoltech, or figma figures because of how good they are. When I'm paying upwards of $90 dollars and are having issues left and right, there is a problem. Like my previous post, my DC variant Wonder Woman had a broken arm right out of the box and my Batman has a shorter leg than the other. My Green Lantern also has paint issues. Don't get me wrong, I usually love my PAK figures, but their price increase should warrant quality increase too.

Exactly the figma are awesome there paints are very good even the s.h figuarts and most are half the price.

I usually love my PAK figures, but their price increase should warrant quality increase too.

Yeah. The price goes up but the quality control hasn't changed.

The figures progressively became larger, but I've seen no good reason why. The detail in the sculpt, paint, and articulation can be achieved at the smaller size of their earlier figures. They're big just to be big.

Back