Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pics from Sam looks incredible, I will get it day one.
If they put an open mask in the Gray Fox, It will be better than how it is now.

I have to say, i never thought of picking one of these guys up before, but seeing them in person really pushed me over the edge. The sad part is I got back from SDCC Sunday evening and still havent had a chance to mess with my 2 figures. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to unbox them and mess around.

so many cool looking figures coming out. really dig the play arts stuff an i'm glad they have added some new licenses. they have a master chief figure on it's way as well. :rock
that god of war, ninja, and snake figure...:drool

i saw pictures of the batman figures, they look amazing.. i'v never owned a square enix figure.. i do want buy master chief when he comes up... so tell me your guys opinions is square enix a high quality figure like a smaller version of hot toys?

kind of similar to a giant revoltech. they are just kick ass action figures. collecting-wise, i am still, above all things, an action figure junky. i dig my pfs and maquettes and high-end 1/6th scale stuff but action figures still kick ass. play arts stuff has cool sculpts and crazy articulation. sometimes there are some janky qc issues with loose joints or loose pieces but out of all the ones i have maybe only one has an issue.

Revoltech has giant versions now? Their scale was always tiny... around what Figmas were... but Figmas are much higher quality.

no, i was saying that play arts stuff reminded me of a giant version of a revoltech figure not a giant revoltech. though that would be cool. sorry.

sweet thanks for answering my question, the angry orc, looks like ill be purchasing some play arts stuff now

Definitely getting the Batman Arkham Asylum figure, i may get the Gray Fox and Solid Snake as HT's track record of doing one or two figures and moving on is discouraging, where as play arts looks likely to do quite a few.

Hi I'm new

This looks awesome
IMG_2836.JPG

I will buy these figures for sure. By the way someone knows where to get stands like the ones from the images, I want one for my Jungle Fatigues Snake.

Can't wait to see him painted....

I've never liked their FF figures, particularly the females. Only one reason for that: they like to use a semi-translucent plastic for the hair. Looks terrible to me. Not to mention that it often looks rough and too textured.

Actually this is the first time they're using translucent hair for their female figures...

The hair looks much crisper than their previous FFXIII PA. That ____ was rough.

Most of them use sem-translucent plastic for the hair piece, with some added paint or toning. Set them against a light (lamp, etc), and you'll see it looks a bit different than solid plastic placed against a light source. With the FFXIII-2 figures it looks like they've just made it more obvious.

I just generally dislike most hair sculpts on Play Arts figures.

Ah. Tricky.

Yeah, there are only a few hair sculpts I like from PA. I still think their most accurate/attractive FF female PA is Advent Children Yuffie.

Still, this new hair work is much better than their previous Lightning... which looked kind of gross and sloppy.

Most of them use sem-translucent plastic for the hair piece, with some added paint or toning. Set them against a light (lamp, etc), and you'll see it looks a bit different than solid plastic placed against a light source. With the FFXIII-2 figures it looks like they've just made it more obvious.

I just generally dislike most hair sculpts on Play Arts figures.

I think you just hate the FF stuff since everything else looks great. especially with all theyve shown at SDCC, theyve improved 10 fold. amazin stuff, i dont see how you thin the new FF XIII-2 light looks crappy though

Ah. Tricky.

Yeah, there are only a few hair sculpts I like from PA. I still think their most accurate/attractive FF female PA is Advent Children Yuffie.

Still, this new hair work is much better than their previous Lightning... which looked kind of gross and sloppy.

Yes I agree the new Lightning figure looks better than the entire previous Play Arts FF XIII line.

I really wish they'd do figures based on characters from 6 and prior, but that'd probably be pretty difficult.

I think you just hate the FF stuff since everything else looks great. especially with all theyve shown at SDCC, theyve improved 10 fold. amazin stuff, i dont see how you thin the new FF XIII-2 light looks crappy though

Yeah I've come to appreciate Play Arts ever since they started expanding from just FF and Kingdom Hearts. The stuff they're doing now with the Kai line is pretty great.

I really didn't want to go back to any scale smaller than 1/6. :gah:

Yes I agree the new Lightning figure looks better than the entire previous Play Arts FF XIII line.

I really wish they'd do figures based on characters from 6 and prior, but that'd probably be pretty difficult.

Yeah I've come to appreciate Play Arts ever since they started expanding from just FF and Kingdom Hearts. The stuff they're doing now with the Kai line is pretty great.

I really didn't want to go back to any scale smaller than 1/6. :gah:

I think that's my main problem with collecting Play Arts. They're the only figures with 1/8 scale, so I can't really display them with anything else (besides other Play Arts figures).

Back