Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope we get Mass Effect, Dead Space and Infamous too!

Damn man, Mass effect would be perfect by Play Arts.

There is a 1/6 Commander Shepard statue in the works though by kotobukiya (I think!) So that's awesome.

Well finally got a chance to mess around with Carter...ok heres the deal. Awesome figure, but right out the box, his right leg is so loose and that pisses me off. I know its an easy fix, but I dont feel like dealing with it. I'll probably throw him up on ebay.

The shoulder joints while there engineered great, at certain poses you can see the internal workings of his shoulder and its just all hollowed out. Same with his crotch area. If you move his belt/satchel its basically just hollowed out almost reminds me of how the old gijoes were constructed with the O-ring and what not. So yeah again really awesome figure, maybe I just was unlucky and got a dud, but for $50 not really happy with him.

Now Im almost scared to mess with my other play arts figure. The final fantasy judge.

ive herd about QC issue the most from the Halo series, i wonder why?

the only Play Arts i got was Sneaking Suit big boss and the only problem i got with him is the little elbo bits are slightly loose. but your right for $50 buck you deserve better.

if you sell him on the bay but till want one i recomend the official square enix store, that way if there is a prblem theyll swap you for a new one

ive herd about QC issue the most from the Halo series, i wonder why?

the only Play Arts i got was Sneaking Suit big boss and the only problem i got with him is the little elbo bits are slightly loose. but your right for $50 buck you deserve better.

if you sell him on the bay but till want one i recomend the official square enix store, that way if there is a prblem theyll swap you for a new one

Thanks for that info, yeah I picked him up directly at SDCC Square Enix booth. I'll give them a second chance with Judge Gabranth, which I'll check him out this weekend and get a few photos of him and then i'll make a decision if I'll be buying anymore of these PlayArts figures.

ArmoredFoe awesome shots.
The Gabranth figure looks very good, I'm seriously thinking of getting that one. I hope they will sell stands like those for these figures, I was searching on ebay, and I haven't found anything like those stands for Play Arts Kai figures.

Yeah, the new Gabranth figure is pretty awesome. I picked one up at the SDCC to go with my "Max Factory Karas" figure. Both look great together and are in scale with one another. At this scale - in terms of Detail, sculpt, paint job, and articulation- these two figures are probably the best I've ever seen. I think the Karas figure is slightly better, but still Gabranth is a very close 2nd. Both figures are awesome and I highly recommend them.
(for those of you who don't know what Karas is, just youtube "Karas anime". The anime is a little confusing but the action and cgi fighting scenes are probably some of the best you'll ever see.)

Last edited:
I didnt know they did a karas, I love the look of those characters. Really nice. Yeah as stated, I'll open Gabranth this weekend.

Pretty certain it's gonna be the Male Shepard, not the female version.
:slap I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :lol My post was a joke. I figured Koto will use the default male Shepherd for the sculpt :D

I was saying Koto will 100% get her likeness wrong, because he wouldn't be able to sculpt the female Shepherd I created, without knowing what it looks like :D

I didnt know they did a karas, I love the look of those characters. Really nice. Yeah as stated, I'll open Gabranth this weekend.

They didn't release very many of him. He's extemely rare. Just google image "Karas Max Factory" ("Max Factory" is the company that makes him. They also make high quality Guyver figures in the same scale)

Last edited:
I never really liked square Enid much. I mean yea the figures are badass and I buy them but articulation is annoying and my square Enix Nero is rather annoying at standing.

Yep basically what I said, I find the biggest problem in the arm articulation. While its good its almost to much to the point where it actually works against the figure.

Cool. Let me know what you think of the Gabranth figure. I think you'll like him. I only wish he came with a stand. (Little off topic, but here is a small clip of one of the many action sequences of Karas that I was talking about earlier:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGNyQDMgWMg&feature=related"]‪Karas - Transform!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The figure is a little pricey now, but if you can get him for under 200 I'd do it. He is worth every penny.

Well I finally got a chance to mess with Judge Gabranth and all I can say is wow. Hes a great figure and blows that Halo Reach Carter figure out the water. I guess he was just a dud. Gabranth really is awesome, the articulation is great, joints are nice and snug, his weapons are great looking his sculpt is great looking. Nothing but win on this figure for real. Pics coming soon (when I get a chance).

Well I finally got a chance to mess with Judge Gabranth and all I can say is wow. Hes a great figure and blows that Halo Reach Carter figure out the water. I guess he was just a dud. Gabranth really is awesome, the articulation is great, joints are nice and snug, his weapons are great looking his sculpt is great looking. Nothing but win on this figure for real. Pics coming soon (when I get a chance).

Awesome to hear that, after seen a lot of images and read your opinion I will have to buy this figure for sure, it looks amazing.:yess:
I'll be waiting those pics sure they will be awesome like the last ones.

what would be awesome, but i know pretty much impossible, if square enix did figures based on the upcoming Aliens: Colonial Marines game and gears of war

I'll try and get some pics up of Gabranth up this weekend. Id easily buy some Gears, but Im pretty sure that wont happen seeing as how NECA owns those rights.

Back