Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Trauma, Deviss, Hound, and other clones

Do you sell custom figure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don't sell my figures. I do occasionally do commissions though.

Here's my work from the weekend. I did the phase 2 mod on a couple of my ARF trooper helmets by adding pieces of goat leather to the sides from a pattern I have cut out. The first helmet went to Sgt. Hound and the second I used to make an Umbara AT-RT driver of the 501st.

The other project I've been working on is making some OG ARC troopers from the original Clone Wars mini series, specifically Captain Fordo and the heavy gunner. I also plan to make the heavy gunner with the quad cannon.

For these guys I started out with the basic Sideshow Captain and Lt. figures. I made the kamas myself and painted the trim colors. I also widened the coloring around the t-visors on both helmets to make them a little more accurate looking. Since they're ARC troopers I wanted them to have some kind of special equipment on the left forearm armor and since the Fives and Echo pieces are like gold these days I improvised and used a couple of the tow cable pieces from the clone rifles, with some heavy modding. Then used some Imperial ranking badges for some added detail. I already showed Fordo's pistols and for the heavy gunner I just added a strap to the rotary cannon. Just waiting for the pauldrons to come in.

As always some sweet work, see you went the slightly easier route with the ARF cowl , I sculpted them on my Hound and it was a pain.

Those clones are awesome, specially Sgt. Hound ! I saw time ago someone in this forums sculpting a Massif 1/6th scale but not sure if he finished it; that would look awesome next to that clone.

Thanks Peter, yeah I wanted to go with something that I could manipulate a little to get the right curve and that was the best I could think of and it worked out perfectly. Ran a little line of superglue on the underside edge when I got it shaped how I wanted so it would have a solid edge and not move so much.

@Lord Sixth, thanks man I'm pretty proud of him. Seeing that Massif project is what originally started me down the path to making Hound. I messaged the member today to see if he was still working on the project. Hound needs his pup.

Hound looks awesome Tyler! You got Grizzer on the way I think so you're just missing Ahsoka. That would make a cool display especially if you can figure out a way to make a bunch of stun blasts flying through the air. EL wire maybe?

Hound looks awesome Tyler! You got Grizzer on the way I think so you're just missing Ahsoka. That would make a cool display especially if you can figure out a way to make a bunch of stun blasts flying through the air. EL wire maybe?

Thanks man. Yeah I'm worried Grizzer may not happen sadly. The member that was doing the project is selling all his clones so he said the project is cancelled. I still have hope that I can commission him to finish it. He was so far along already. I want an Ahsoka so bad. Considering getting a female head that's close in features and sculpting the rest with Miliput like I did on my Battlefront Twi'lek. As of now that looks like my only option.

Hi spud,

Im new here. ur work is so cool some of the best i ever seen one of my fav customizers on the net i notice you speaking about ashoka tano there was one guy who do one. https://sean-dabbs-fx.deviantart.com/gallery/49569910/1-6-scale-figures. Donk know if he does them as a commision or not. As i said ur work ur work is mind blowing. Cheers tony

Thanks Tony, appreciate the kind words man. Yeah I've contacted Sean about that and it was something about the sculpt being a commission and not wanting to infringe on the person who commissioned it by selling more or something like that. Which I don't understand because he's the artist but it is what it is I guess.

How much was it if you don't mind me asking? And did you paint yours or have it painted?

If I remember correctly is was $70 plus shipping. I painted it myself and yes, the marks on her face were a PITA.

Thanks for the info and link. Got in contact with them so I will be getting an Ahsoka, at least one. ;)
Do you have a picture of yours handy? I'm hoping all my experience with painting intricate clone paint schemes with help me in painting her sculpt.

Good Grief as ever Spudtrooper. Always a pleasure to have alook in when I stop by SSF and your page. QUALTY work as ever mate. LOVE THEM ALL!!!!

Have you thought about doing the guy with the gun on his chest? I was going to do Fordo and that guy but I no longer have the money to spend

Back