Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Updated group shots

:thud:

I am super jealous that I missed this auction..... it hurts even more that they went for $300.... what a steal! I would have gone up to $500 for them, maybe even more. Love the books and the game, dang.

Enjoy them! They are awesome figures. Do you have any more pics of them?

Also are you familiar with the books? If so Omega Squad would be awesome customs to pair up with these guys.

yup those were mine.my first set I did.I now have a complete new set made plus the all black commando and a olive drab one that I call the sniper,and he kinda has a boba fett feel to him.I am actually looking to sell the silicone molds for the whole set.I am getting out of the hobby and for now I will hang onto most of my figures.

Re: Spud's Customs

AMAZINg I'd love to see what you could do with Denal. He is a clone I really would love to buy:impatient:

Re: Spud's Customs - Updated group shots

yup those were mine.my first set I did.I now have a complete new set made plus the all black commando and a olive drab one that I call the sniper,and he kinda has a boba fett feel to him.I am actually looking to sell the silicone molds for the whole set.I am getting out of the hobby and for now I will hang onto most of my figures.

You do awesome customs. If you ever plan to sell those Commandos keep me in mind. :)

Looking for some opinions here.

Is the Medicom ROTJ Boba Fett a good buy? I mean I know that Hot Toys will probably end up making a 1/6 version, hopefully to the same epicness of their 1/4 version, but I'm impatient. And from what I can tell it looks like a pretty decent figure. And I could add some more weathering and customize him to my liking to get him more accurate. Just wanted to get some input. :)

Besides, who said that having more than one ROTJ Fett was a bad thing? :D

Oh and some pics of him if any of you guys have him are more than welcome.

Looking for some opinions here.

Is the Medicom ROTJ Boba Fett a good buy? I mean I know that Hot Toys will probably end up making a 1/6 version, hopefully to the same epicness of their 1/4 version, but I'm impatient. And from what I can tell it looks like a pretty decent figure. And I could add some more weathering and customize him to my liking to get him more accurate. Just wanted to get some input. :)

Besides, who said that having more than one ROTJ Fett was a bad thing? :D

Oh and some pics of him if any of you guys have him are more than welcome.

I have him and he is pretty nice. With some simple mods and a body swap, he looks fantastic. I am in the process of working on mine so I don't have any pics right now.

I would pick him up if you get the chance. I seem to recall the prices are pretty reasonable.

I have him and he is pretty nice. With some simple mods and a body swap, he looks fantastic. I am in the process of working on mine so I don't have any pics right now.

I would pick him up if you get the chance. I seem to recall the prices are pretty reasonable.

Awesome. Thanks, man. That's all I needed to hear. :D

Spud,
Here is my medimix ROTJ Fett on a HT slim body TTM 22. One of the most fun customs I have made. He has SS hands and feet. Armor is medi, knees might be SS. I can't remember everything. The big catch is the neck. You want a good neck to connect and fit the HT body and the medi head. The medi head is on more of a spike than a ball joint if I remember correctly. There are some on ebay but I forget the brand. I will check old recipes if you get serious about going this way. Otherwise I won't bother.
DSC00249_zpsayfplkfl.jpg

DSC00254_zpsvvkhiyz0.jpg

Last edited:

Master Di now has some of his emblem action going on. Tomorrow I'm hoping to dremel down his forearms for the clone armor and I'll shorten the sleeves on the tunic and finish the emblems on the bottom half.

Ahhhh yeeeahh. Big thanks to you Duane! Can't wait to get started on these guys. Trevagg is definitely going to be first.

Little update on my Cantina aliens project.
I got the shirt and sash/belt dyed for ol Snaggle and I started experimenting with how I'm going to do his hunch. Kind of did a little test fit with a fat suit that may turn out to be pretty promising assuming I can get the clothes to work with it. I'll be using the muscular body shown so he'll look a little more short and stocky like he should. I'll be stealing the Old Ben undershirt that I have on my Master Di at the moment for the undershirt and I really love the way the dyed Kenobi tunic turned out. Still need to get some Ep. III Kenobi pants and figure out what boots I want to use for him.

Trevagg is going to look awesome thanks to Enaud's awesome vest. Did a little test fitting with it. I'm not really sure I want to do anything else to the undershirt (Star Lord) as far as color goes because its pretty close. Well, its pretty close to the Hasbro figure I'm using as a reference. I need to dye his pants and fix up the armor pieces that go on his boots and knees. Can't wait to start painting on him and get his head and arms situated. Still makes me nervous every time I get a dremel close to Enaud's head sculpts. I'm always afraid the bit will jump and ruin my day. But I managed to get Master Di's head fitted to the body so I think I can handle it.

Also started putting together my Imperial ISB officer. I managed to score a Thrawn loose on eBay for a decent price. Its funny, when that figure first came out I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen, didn't think I'd ever be buying one. But in my defense it was just for the uniform. However, I'm having the toughest time dying the pants a solid black. I used boiling water with vinegar added to help the dye take and they still came out like a dark purplish brown. The hat he's wearing was an extra Piett one that took the dye really well. Guess I'll be breaking out the paint for the pants. Also need to fix his rank badge to make it just the single bar.

And finally, and this is no offense to the other awesome people that have helped me out over the last year, but I got the coolest thing ever in a care package from a fellow Freak the other day that nearly gave me a heart attack from over excitement....

The things I will create with this... :D

That's all for now folks!

Love the start on Snaggs... I'm really glad I'm not a huge Cantina fan like you guys (I just have a few.) I'm already overwhelmed with Jabba dudes and I'd be doing Cantina guys all the way into the old folks home!

Love the start on Snaggs... I'm really glad I'm not a huge Cantina fan like you guys (I just have a few.) I'm already overwhelmed with Jabba dudes and I'd be doing Cantina guys all the way into the old folks home!

I blame Chris and Duane for getting me started on them. haha I'm resisting the best I can to start on some Jabba guys. Well, too many of them anyway.

Looking forward to seeing your take on these guys.

After our little chat the other day I do believe I will look into trying to some new dyeing techniques. The Kenobi tunic came out better than I thought it would.

I had the same thoughts regarding the Thrawn figure. It was until Chris made his white top officer that swayed me to seek one out being there was nothing else comparable. Now it's just a matter of getting the right head I've been wanting to hook him up.

Back