Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - The Rebels are coming

looks like you and I have another race on our hands. I'm doing a Hoth rebel trooper as well :)

Do yours first so I can get some ideas. hahaha
I've got a spare Endor pack that I have to paint up and mod to be a Hoth one but as far as the clothing goes I think I may wait for a Hoth Luke to be parted out. The Hasbro clothing is bad.

Re: Spud's Customs - The Rebels are coming

Damn Spud, I can barely keep up with your updates, how the hell do you work so fast? Great work as usual. :hi5:

Re: Spud's Customs - Ya smell somethin?

Thanks dudes. :D

I think this is the coolest thing Sideshow has put out to date. I showed my dad and he thought it was so cool and he saw how awesome I thought it was that he has offered to buy another one for my birthday so I can display Han and Luke both on tauntauns. I love my dad.

Thanks dudes. :D

I think this is the coolest thing Sideshow has put out to date. I showed my dad and he thought it was so cool and he saw how awesome I thought it was that he has offered to buy another one for my birthday so I can display Han and Luke both on tauntauns. I love my dad.

that was before you told him how much it was right? :)

that was before you told him how much it was right? :)

Oh he knows how much I spend on Sideshow. I've had his credit card on my Sideshow account ever since I started ordering from them back in 2007 when I was in high school. haha

Jealous of that Tauntaun, and trooper's looking great! Two tips on the trooper - lightly dremel out the thickness of the hasbro hood (inner edges of peak and sideflaps) until its half the thickness and push the headsculpt as far forward as you can go - it helps to even up the scale. The Hasbro hood is a little oversized, so also choose the largest decent head you can find.

Thanks again, guys.

I knocked out another custom tonight. When Sideshow released their Kit Fisto figure I never really liked it because it was like he had no neck. So with the clone wars versions of Jedi that I've been doing I thought I'd give master Fisto the upgrade. Again, I can't thank Matt (spiderrouge) enough for his amazing tunic crafting abilities. On this one he made the undershirt, the tunic, and the tabbards. I think it all came together beautifully and very accurate to the clone wars appearance. The body he's on is a true type slim with a modded neck post. You'll see that I painted it to match his head.

So with Kit almost done (he lacks the insignia on his hands) I started looking Jedi master Di again. I took another crack at painting the eyes and did some dying on his tunic.

Kit looks really great, Spud. Quite an improvement. The paint job on Di is super :)

Nice job on Fisto. I like how you add the fingers to the clone armor on your Jedi.

Master Di is coming along nicely as well.

Huge improvement for Kit. SSC was pretty accurate to the movie just a poor character design from the start. The CW version is sooooooo much better!

Eyes are a B|tch aren't they! The thing I hate the about this hobby is that there's no UNDO button. :) If you screw up you usually have to start all over.

Thanks guys. :)

Yeah eyes aren't so fun but I'm happy with them. Hopefully going to do some more painting on Di's head later today. All that's on there now is just a base coat of brown wash.

Thire has joined the ranks.

And I've been experimenting with some colors on master Di's head. He's still a work in progress but he's getting there. Also added the two extra horns below the mouth and still need to do the same to his hands.

Back