Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1974 Black Christmas

Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it.

GREAT movie. One of my favs.

One film that scared me as a kid was the original Nightmare on Elm Street. Just the idea that you could die in your sleep was unsettling because you have no control. You are at your most vulnerable, and some of the Freddy imagery in the victims' dreams, at the time, was scary.

Thank for the contest CAHobbit!

Who wants a chance to win a Shredder Comiquette?

Those wanting to participate in this giveaway need to know a few rules...

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original).
I had just moved out of my parents house, and had a small trailer that was located out in the middle of nowhere, had a big empty field with an old barn right behind me, and I could've sworn leatherface lurked there every night. Needless to say, I had to stay at my Moms house for quite a few nights (like a month:).)before I felt safe. Still to this day I get the creeps just thinking about it.

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

Hellraiser

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original).
I had just moved out of my parents house, and had a small trailer that was located out in the middle of nowhere, had a big empty field with an old barn right behind me, and I could've sworn leatherface lurked there every night. Needless to say, I had to stay at my Moms house for quite a few nights (like a month:).)before I felt safe. Still to this day I get the creeps just thinking about it.

How do you know he didn't... :blissysmi

As a kid...Childs Play believe it or not...

I was never into horror movies as a kid. I never watched a Halloween, Exorcist, NOES, or Friday the 13th movie in my life at that point. However, I happened to watch Child's Play around Halloween (which was just about a week before my birthday). I was so scared I hid my only stuffed animals (Fisher Price Kermit and ALF) in my closet thinking they'd come alive and kill me. Well, my birthday approached and my uncle wound up getting me a Fisher Price Muppets Animal (which was a gift I really, really wanted before watching that movie). Well, I tried to be the brave one and get through the night sleeping with that hanging from my bed post. It didnt last the night.

Since I didnt want to open the closet door for fear of Kermit & ALF, I yelled for my dad in the middle of the night to take him away. I followed my dad downstairs as he put in on the couch. I told him no. I had him put it on the porch on a cold fall night and to lock the door. It's funny to look back on. I love the Muppets (and Animal) and I've watched Child's Play about a half a dozen times and doesn't scare me in the least as an adult.

Night of the living dead. Not a typical choice but I've always had this small town paranoia thing living in a small village (had the same thing with invasion of the body snatchers but not as scary). First time I saw it I had a dream that everyone in the village had become zombies and I was trying to escape as the only survivor. There's just miles of open fields around me so its not like I could hide, just had to keep moving. It became a recurring dream throughout my early teens.

Friday the 13th.

I was so scared, I made my parents turn on the hallway light before I'd even get close to going down it.

For me, the scariest movie as a child must have been The Omen (original 1976 version). I still get goosebumps when I think about the death scenes for the priest and photographer in the movie.

This is a good one, the cemetery is near where I live as is the mall from the Dawn of the Dead....aka Zombie capital of the world:horror

Night of the living dead. Not a typical choice but I've always had this small town paranoia thing living in a small village (had the same thing with invasion of the body snatchers but not as scary). First time I saw it I had a dream that everyone in the village had become zombies and I was trying to escape as the only survivor. There's just miles of open fields around me so its not like I could hide, just had to keep moving. It became a recurring dream throughout my early teens.

Be jealous Freaks! Be very jealous!! Double feature of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein on the big screen, starts in just under 3 hours!!! :nana:

This is a good one, the cemetery is near where I live as is the mall from the Dawn of the Dead....aka Zombie capital of the world:horror

No way, that's really cool. :rock I remember when I first watched it it just looked like it could have been right near me. The same kind of countryside, isolated farmhouse etc.

Be jealous Freaks! Be very jealous!! Double feature of Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein on the big screen, starts in just under 3 hours!!! :nana:

I saw Bride at the Academy of Motion Picture Art & Sciences a couple weeks ago as part of a double bill with Dracula. And I saw Frank last year at the New Beverly here in LA (when I got my Drew Struzan print)...

...but I'm still jealous!

/me slaps lcummins with a trout!

Enjoy, LC! :wave

Back