Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who wants a chance to win a Shredder Comiquette?

Those wanting to participate in this giveaway need to know a few rules...

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

The Exorcist. Scared me silly. It was just so real....

Just in case you forgot:

the-exorcist.jpg

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

fright Night. Original. I remember being so scared and stressed out when the vampire neighbor caught the kid spying through the window after he killed a woman..uhhhg!

Last edited:

For me it was Alien. I saw it in the theater when I was only 8. I begged my parents to go see it and half way through it I wanted to leave, they made me sit through it. It scared me so bad that I had nightmares for weeks afterwards.

The movie that scared the crap out of me as a kid was An American Werewolf in London. 2 scenes stuck with me for decades: 1: The scene where Jack is attacked by the werewolf (nightmares for months), 2: The white faced, fanged David in the forest (it still makes me jump, and I'm almost 40 and have seen it a hundred times).

david.jpg

Originally Posted by CAhobbit View Post

Halloween (Original)

Between the imagery, the sound and music and the screams of Jamie Lee Curtis ! How could this not get to you !

Friday the 13th (1980)

Here's why...

We got HBO and this was in heavy rotation back in 1981. I was a big 10 years old going on 30. I kept begging my dad to let me watch it. He finally relented and he and I watched it. I was scared poopless but I couldn't let my dad know. I had a pillow on my lap as a "safety blanket" only and didn't use it to cover my eyes. I made it through the whole movie and as the girl was floating on the lake in the canoe I got up to turn the tv off thinking the movie was over. Wrong! As I reached for the tv, Jason jumps out of the lake and the music blasts! I yell out and jumped over the coffee table back onto the couch. My father still cracks up to this day over that one.

"jaws"..............i cant even swim in a pool to this day without thinking i'm gonna get chomped on.........:horror

A Nightmare on Elm Street use to scare the crap out of me as a kid! It would scare me even to hear Freddy speak. It would scare me even to know that the film was in my house! :lol Then I got a few years older and thought he was cool. :D Years later I ended up buying the DVD Boxset. :D

View attachment 53127

The Monster,
Nick

ALIEN (the first one)

Saw it in the theater when I was 8, and the scene when they are looking for the cat scared the heck out of me! Now it's totally tame. But back then, YIKES!!!

A Nightmare on Elm Street use to scare the crap out of me as a kid! It would scare me even to hear Freddy speak. It would scare me even to know that the film was in my house! :lol Then I got a few years older and thought he was cool. :D Years later I ended up buying the DVD Boxset. :D

View attachment 53127

The Monster,
Nick

The remake sucks by the way! :lol:rotfl :D

The Monster,
Nick

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.

Also Phantasm and Poltergeist 2 scared the crap outta me.

Back