Spider-Man swings onto Blu-Ray!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagelsncheesey

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Blu-ray.com:

"Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced that they are releasing 'Spider-Man 3' and the 'Spider-Man High Definition Trilogy' for Blu-ray on October 30th. Very little is known about the specs of the releases, but we do know that 'Spider-Man 3' will be a two disc set packed with special features. Insider sources have also revealed that 'Spider-Man 2' will make use of seamless branching to present the two versions of the film.

The Spider-Man movies were first revealed during promo intros on Sony Blu-ray discs. He was seen in Blu-ray flyers, and as Sony's top movie franchise (they even used the Spider-Man font on the PS3) it has become a highly anticipated release. Rumors continued to swirl as to when the famous masked hero would make his HD debut, when Best Buy featured a special Spider-Man teaser disc featuring trailers for all three films remastered in stunning high definition.

The wait is finally over. Spider-Man has arrived on Blu-ray, and it is sure to be one of the top selling movies this holiday season."

And now the format war gets even better :rock

Spider3Big3Large.jpg

Just curious . . .are there any Blu-ray owners here who have a player OTHER than the PS3? I find it hard to believe that Sony's only entrant (meaning the majority of people who buy a player) into the Blu-Ray field is from PS3s, myself included. FWIW, that Toshiba HD-A20 at $299 is looking mighty tempting, and will only go down in price.

Why should that be a problem? The PS3 is a pretty stellar Blu-ray player, lacking in only a few features from the most expensive players, and it also plays games, AND acts as a media center for content stored on the hard drive, as well as files accessible over a wireless network.

Sounds like a good deal in my book.

I'll wait and buy it on HD DVD import - So far you can get Ghostrider and both Fantatic 4 movies and I'm sure this won't be too far behind.

Why should that be a problem? The PS3 is a pretty stellar Blu-ray player, lacking in only a few features from the most expensive players, and it also plays games, AND acts as a media center for content stored on the hard drive, as well as files accessible over a wireless network.

Sounds like a good deal in my book.

:rock :rock :rock

not to mention the fact that if you browse most high def sites and blu-ray player reviews, the ps3 ranks as one of the best on the market so far.

I have both players.....HD DVD XBOX 360 and BLU RAY PS3 ,,,,I got to tell you guys better overall PQ with HD DVD....Besides who give a sh&t about Spiderman on Blu ray...bring on the real Trilogys....LOTR, Star Wars (NOTICE I SAID TRILOGY, NONE OF THAT RECENT CRAP), Indiana Jones....then lets start the format war....Spiderman 3 was absolute garbage and killed my interest in the series...

I have both players.....HD DVD XBOX 360 and BLU RAY PS3 ,,,,I got to tell you guys better overall PQ with HD DVD....Besides who give a sh&t about Spiderman on Blu ray...bring on the real Trilogys....LOTR, Star Wars (NOTICE I SAID TRILOGY, NONE OF THAT RECENT CRAP), Indiana Jones....then lets start the format war....Spiderman 3 was absolute garbage and killed my interest in the series...

I'd still enjoy SM3 in HD even if it wasn't that great. Plus it's nice to get the first two in high-def. And as far as quality goes. HD-DVD and Blu-Ray output the same quality, the only difference is how the studio does the transfer. There can be a difference but it's not a matter of format.

How can it be better picture quality with HD Dvd when it's a fact that the Xbox HD Dvd is garbage?

Back