Media Spider-Man [PS4 Insomniac] Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just platinumed this game. First platinum ever and I it’s a pretty easy platinum. I can’t wait for the DLC now.

It’s true this game has some generic side quests but the core traversal and combat mechanics are so good none of that matters. Combat imo is better than Arkham games which ironically felt too ping pong/spider-man like. Here you can’t spam the dodge. Took me a while to get used to the combat because I kept hitting triangle to doge instead of circle... muscle memory lol. But once it clicked, I was clearing groups with style.

Webswinging is a real blast. It’s a game that really stands out.

If Insomniac had paid more attention to the side missions and focused a bit more on environmental storytelling and also found a more sophisticated way to transition from external map to indoor areas, this would have been game of the year without a doubt regardless of what Rockstar does with RDR2.

9.5/10 forbme.

I take back a few things I said about this game - it actually gets surprisingly good during the third act, when the villains get a larger role. Combat is better when you upgrade yourself to the max too.

I haven't platinumed this yet but I might. Praying for the Raimi suit.

Im hoping to see the ASM1 suit myself. I think all film versions should be done. I would also like to see something like this too...

latest.jpg

I was starting to feel like I had this game down then after the Raft....well it’s a whole new game! Also this is the coolest rendition of the Vulture I have ever seen, I love his design and his voice!

It’s crazy how all of Spider-Man villains in this seem to have a sort of sickness

I was starting to feel like I had this game down then after the Raft....well it’s a whole new game! Also this is the coolest rendition of the Vulture I have ever seen, I love his design and his voice!

ugh, new york after the raft is a borderline nightmare lol the game goes from breezy to rip your hair out frustrating lol

These challenge coins are driving me nuts. You need a ton of them to unlock everything, and im finding it impossible to get the top score required for 3 coins no matter how much I bring my A game.

Some pics I took

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180914204329.jpg
Marvel's Spider-Man_20180914204451.jpg

Found the failed proposal before its removed in a patch update

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180914212927.jpg

Iron spider at night

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180916193852.jpg
Marvel's Spider-Man_20180916193843.jpg

I havent seen anyone post selfies as parker, miles or MJ yet

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180916195633.jpg
Marvel's Spider-Man_20180919201311.jpg
Marvel's Spider-Man_20180920225259.jpg
Marvel's Spider-Man_20180920233827.jpg

Pigeon selfies

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180916204758.jpg
Marvel's Spider-Man_20180916204714.jpg

The feels

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180916212115.jpg

A homage to the best scene in spiderman 3

Marvel's Spider-Man_20180911192215.jpg

Finally got around to finishing the game last night and loved the story. The side missions/quests were repetitive but fun. Fighting Taskmaster and Tombstone was cool.

The last part of the story, once the villians started getting released got good and made me want to keep playing more and more to see what happened next. I’m excited to see what is in store for the second one granted they go through with it which I don’t see why not.

One thing that I don’t understand and maybe I just heard/interpreted incorrectly

SPOILER

When Pete was working on his Spidey suit in the lab towards the beginning of the game and doc saw him working on it I took that as doc then knowing that Pete was Spidey. When you finally fight him in the end and doc calls him Peter, Pete replies with something along the lines of “you knew?”

Am I missing something or did doc not know Pete was Spidey when he saw him working on the suit?

Earlier he assumed that Peter was actually working FOR Spider-Man helping him design his suits and his gadgets. Doc even helped design the white spider-symbol suit.
Seems like a dumb assumption for such a smart guy but then again look how many people Superman fooled for years with a simple pair of glasses.

I thought that doc knew at that moment pete was spiderman but to save embarrasment or what have you, he lied and said pete helps spiderman. The line where doc says he always knew implies this

Sort of wish they would have written it to where doc didn't catch Pete working on the suit and instead Pete accidentally leaving something from the suit behind in the lab and doc picking up on it, or there being security cameras in the lab and doc seeing the suit repair footage from his office before going crazy, but oh well either way it's all good.

As in it gets busy?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, as in every street and every other building has enemies with sniper rifles and rocket launchers shooting at you as your swinging through the city, and then you have the sable army also after you, it's pretty relentless until you finish the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're working on a new game plus mode.

I just want to know how that wasn't included to begin with? I'm dying to replay with all my skills, costumes and stats. Really a big goof on their part.

They're working on a new game plus mode.

I just want to know how that wasn't included to begin with? I'm dying to replay with all my skills, costumes and stats. Really a big goof on their part.

Always the same it seems. Makes for a good headline after a couple of months after release I suppose.

What! And delay the games release further? Im doing the arkham style difficulty now. Basically, if i die, i start the game again

Back