Media Spider-Man [PS4 Insomniac] Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought the reveal in AK seemed forced and unimaginative. I still think it would’ve been way more appropriate/natural if he turned out to be a full grown Damian Wayne. The Arkham Knight mantle? An homage to his mother and grandfather’s final resting place (whose deaths he blames Batman for), the giant, highly trained army at his disposal? The new League of Assassins under his leadership. And imagine Bruce’s shock when he takes off the helmet and he recalls Talia and their “night in Metropolis” all those years ago.

Well this game is just.... man I have t had this much fun with a spidey property since 2. Love the game and sad I beat it so soon. Absolutely fantastic. Great to see my favorite hero get his respect in the gaming world.

After years of crap rushed movie cash in games we finally get a game that respects the characters and the marvel world.

Gameplay is just solid and story is nice. I want more villains and characters explored. Can’t wait for 2. I know that will be probably 2 or 3 yrs from now tho.

They even made miles a a likable character and not just shoehorned in. Can’t wait for dlc..

I always thought the reveal in AK seemed forced and unimaginative. I still think it would’ve been way more appropriate/natural if he turned out to be a full grown Damian Wayne. The Arkham Knight mantle? An homage to his mother and grandfather’s final resting place (whose deaths he blames Batman for), the giant, highly trained army at his disposal? The new League of Assassins under his leadership. And imagine Bruce’s shock when he takes off the helmet and he recalls Talia and their “night in Metropolis” all those years ago.

YES!!!! My thoughts exactly!
Rocksteady could have done Jason Todd ala Red Hood as a side mission of him being pissed at Batman for all the reasons explained in the main story, but also have him pissed that he (Todd) didnt get the chance to exact revenge on Joker, that Batman stole that from him.

Damien being AK would have been the best and made the game so much better. That and take out all the forced batmobile races and final fight with deathstroke that was not worthy of the character at all.

Been playing this all week an I think I have only now just gotten to the big villains. Great story so far and I haven’t even minded not fighting Spidey’s main villains (yet?). They’ve done a great job making all the characters likable-even the villains.

And the city! Holy crap! As far as I can tell all the buildings are unique. If there is any reuse, they are so well placed they are completely unnoticeable. The level of detail is absolutely insane. I didn’t think the Arkham games could be topped so soon but I think this game easily trumped them.

Insomniac is right. I’ve stayed up way too late each night and paid the price in the morning :lol

Sorry but this game > all Arkham games.

:chase

Nah. Besides main story it’s ****** repetitive boredom. If Uplay made this game it would be tear apart. No good side quests with story like in W3, just “activities”. Go there, beat bad guys or take a pic of a cat. Again and again. Overhyped af.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol nah son . What game u playing? Repetitive? U stop bad guys, stop bombs, go on Harry missions, stop car chases, stop gang hideouts, swing through the city in a graceful addictive way.

Take a pic of a cat? You mean the black cat missions that you don’t have to do and only do like 12 times?

What game u playing? Repetitive my ass. But Arkham and this are on par imo. Both capture the character perfectly.

Stop that and stop that. You said that yourself. Its repetetive and without a depth. Generic activities.

Stop that and stop that. You said that yourself. Its repetetive and without a depth. Generic activities.

Lol no I didn’t . That’s what Spider-Man does? He’s a hero? He stops crime? Did you expect him to be a carpenter in this. Open up a small buissness?

There are various mini bosses, puzzles and collectibles you can obtain if you don’t want to fight people but that’s what Spider-Man does ...... not to mention the taskmaster challenges.

Last edited:
I'm going to patiently wait out Sony on this one. If they would have gotten their head out of their ass and put a 4k Blu Ray player in the pro, I'd have gotten it as I need one finally. But I don't need a $400 console for one game, even if I want to play it badly. It's an inevitably that there will be a 'slim' PS4 pro with one. Just gotta bide time.

Lol no I didn’t . That’s what Spider-Man does? He’s a hero? He stops crime? Did you expect him to be a carpenter in this. Open up a small buissness?

There are various mini bosses, puzzles and collectibles you can obtain if you don’t want to fight people but that’s what Spider-Man does ...... not to mention the taskmaster challenges.

You are missing the point. I guess you played just a few games in your life.

Binge played this in a way I haven’t played games for probably 20years.
Just too much fun. 100% completion of all activities in just over a week.
(Only did a few of the secret photo ops though, was very late in the game before I realised that was a thing)
Great fun.

You are missing the point. I guess you played just a few games in your life.

Nooooo cause it seems like you haven’t played the game at all judging from your description.

You say take pictures of cats and stop crime over and over. Did u play the game? The taking pictures of cats is completely optional and it’s like 7 times for a black cat mission. You don’t have to do it.

Also the random crimes that happen throughout the city are different and those you don’t have to do. Then there are countless other things you do that don’t involve fighting bad guys.

Did u play the game or skim through a walkthrough on YouTube.

CB34A879-0973-479C-BE77-CCEB98187250.jpeg

want!! :)

Lol nah son . What game u playing? Repetitive? U stop bad guys, stop bombs, go on Harry missions, stop car chases, stop gang hideouts, swing through the city in a graceful addictive way.

Take a pic of a cat? You mean the black cat missions that you don’t have to do and only do like 12 times?

What game u playing? Repetitive my ass. But Arkham and this are on par imo. Both capture the character perfectly.

I am not coming to Futurion's defense Ironwez20 but I understand what he means.

I personally think Spiderman as a game was a 8/10, with the story being a 10/10. With that said, a lot of the actual side missions felt very uninspired with little to no narrative driven sidequests. Futurion made mention of The Witcher 3 which arguably has some of the best side quests of all time, I don't find it a stretch to say that with the budget, and lead character that Spiderman should have had side quests that good as well.

I am fine with small fetch quests or even silly little moments not even quests necessarily where Spiderman is doing friendly neighborhood work, but the game felt like the majority of activities/quests were busywork or challenges. I would have loved a quest where you go on a date with MJ in a Naughty Dog style that allowed you to press buttons to play games or interact with the evironment something like a walk/picnic at Central Park, Arcade, kiss on Empire State Building, etc.

Last edited:
I am not coming to Futurion's defense Ironwez20 but I understand what he means.

I personally think Spiderman as a game was a 8/10, with the story being a 10/10. With that said, a lot of the actual side missions felt very uninspired with little to no narrative driven sidequests. Futurion made mention of The Witcher 3 which arguably has some of the best side quests of all time, I don't find it a stretch to say that with the budget, and lead character that Spiderman should have had side quests that good as well.

I am fine with small fetch quests or even silly little moments not even quests necessarily where Spiderman is doing friendly neighborhood work, but the game felt like the majority of activities/quests were busywork or challenges. I would have loved a quest where you go on a date with MJ in a Naughty Dog style that allowed you to press buttons to play games or interact with the evironment something like a walk/picnic at Central Park, Arcade, kiss on Empire State Building, etc.

Oooooo. Witcher 3? Well yea compared to Witcher 3 the side quest aren’t as good lmao. But I mean Witcher 3 was a huge game with ton of stuff to do. Now I get what u mean. The other guy didn’t explain it properly. Yea the side quest are dull in comparison but they are still fun

I can actually agree with this, the side quests are generic save for task master and tomb stone which were a lot of fun to do. The black cat sub mission was worth it for the secret costume unlock, which is easily in my top 3 of the game.

Even with the generic nature of the sub missions its so damn fun to play as Spiderman that I always had a blast doing them and nothing in this game came close to the mind numbing grind that was the riddler trophies in the arkham games.

Back