Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Spidey and Ant-Man were really great in the film, that being said, I could see them not doing a figure of him until the new Spidey movie comes out. With all the franchises they have going on right now there's only so much production capacity available to them. Also, I see some of their SW TFA figures are already being eligible for $25 discount codes even though some of the figures from the same movie aren't even out yet. I think it's mainly a matter of too many figures being released in too short of a time among all their lines. They still have AOU figures that are still waiting to be released even though the CW movie is now out. :dunno

Feels like I am the only one that dislikes how spidy was done in the movie. The suit was too cgi looking and the black bars and the eyes moving don't look good imo. Also the introduction scene looked shoe horned in there. Also the actors voice was anoying. That being said the action scenes were awesome. I think I'll be keeping my ams 2 spidy as that's my favorite looking costume. Hopefully he will grow on me in a stand alone movie.

Feels like I am the only one that dislikes how spidy was done in the movie. The suit was too cgi looking and the black bars and the eyes moving don't look good imo. Also the introduction scene looked shoe horned in there. Also the actors voice was anoying. That being said the action scenes were awesome. I think I'll be keeping my ams 2 spidy as that's my favorite looking costume. Hopefully he will grow on me in a stand alone movie.
I'm going to wager that the CW spider man was all motion capture, I'm guessing they did that so they didn't have to make a choice on a final design until late in the process.

Unless if motion capture is what they will be doing for the spider man suit going forward. I personally loved this spider man, he was youthful and charismatic. He had so much power but it's like he doesn't know how strong he is. He really has no idea that a teenage kid should not be going toe to toe with the winter soldier but to him it was just awesome to see a guy with a metal arm lol

That's what really sold me on this version of spider man.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

I'm going to wager that the CW spider man was all motion capture, I'm guessing they did that so they didn't have to make a choice on a final design until late in the process.

The suit was physical, probably with CGI touch-ups like they did in the past Spider-Man movies.

While visiting the set for EW, there was a particularly large battle going on involving many different characters from the film. Most of them, you know about already. But one, standing off to the side, was a stuntman wearing a very familiar red and blue suit that covered him from head to toe.

“Listen, if there was a cosplayer running around that set when you were there, I don’t know what to tell you,” Feige said.

Fair enough. But then, during the very same battle sequence, just hanging around off-camera, Robert Downey Jr. comes strolling by. He’s laughing and talking with his arm slung over the shoulder of a young man who, if Feige is right, is doing some pinpoint Tom Holland cosplay – and wearing a full Spider-Man suit, except for the mask.
https://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/03/spider-man-captain-america-civil-war

Looks like Tom Holland is 5'8". The same height as Toby McGuire. Though the HT Spider-Man 3 figure was too tall hopefully this will be the right height. Most likely the same height as the ASM 1 version. Though he was too small to be a Garfield Spidey at 5' 10 1/2". The ASM 2 version was perfect height for Garfield.

Actors height is irrelevant. It's the character height that matters. They all played the exact same person so they should all be the same height.

They (the actor) is playing the part of someone else. They don't have the powers, they are not the same age, they are not actually named the characters name or born when they are or any of that stuff. Height is just another thing that is attached to the character not the actor.

The suit was physical, probably with CGI touch-ups like they did in the past Spider-Man movies.

https://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/03/spider-man-captain-america-civil-war

That's still can be mocap. It's like having RDJ wear just part of the iron man suit(like the helmet). They could add that in CG in post but it helps the actors "pretend" better when they have something they can use to visualize (both the person playing the part and those interacting with them) a huge portion of the suit was done in CG. There are ten articles done after the one you linked that state as much
All he had on set was a unitard essentially. All the detail the texture the movement...essentially the whole look and feel..where post ad ons.

However, Holland's costume hasn't yet been finalized, with special effects playing a large part in the character's on-screen portrayal. "We're still working on a few things, like the costume," he added. "He's not ready yet because so much will be produced with special effects."

Marty McFly body?
The problem is that McFly has no muscle tone really. They would need a shorter, more muscular guy. I think the Garfield figure is shorter than full adult figures, but I could be mistaken. He certainly doesn't seem all that small, though.

I think ASM2 is still closer to classic comic Spidey, costume-wise.

I think both are equally accurate to Spider-man from different eras. ASM2 is more modern, while CW is more 60s classic kind of suit.

O man I really want a his to be announced soon!

I know. Hence "The suit was physical, probably with CGI touch-ups."

It was as minor as touch ups. It's essentially a mocap suit. Just in pretty colors so the actors have more to visualize.

That's what I'm thinking. He's a small and lean teenager, they can't just use a stock body surely? I'm sure he's smaller than ASM2 Spidey. They need to scale it right or I'm out. Not just height but body shape and he needs to be super poseable :)

The ASM1 figure was noticeably smaller than the ASM2, though they're both lean and lanky. The Tobey Spidey figures are more stocky and muscular. Found this on YouTube, thanks to The Skull for the review...

Maybe HT reuses either of the ASM bodies, maybe it develops an entirely new one, if it even decides to make this figure. If it does, this figure could be about 11 inches or so in height, considering that the Spidey in this movie is supposed to be 15.

The ASM1 figure was noticeably smaller than the ASM2, though they're both lean and lanky. The Tobey Spidey figures are more stocky and muscular. Found this on YouTube, thanks to The Skull for the review...

Maybe HT reuses either of the ASM bodies, maybe it develops an entirely new one, if it even decides to make this figure. If it does, this figure could be about 11 inches or so in height, considering that the Spidey in this movie is supposed to be 15.

Does anyone have a good size comparison for him and the other heroes?

Just found this on Google.

my_hot_toys_avengers_collection_by_zaempera-d6fxb6b.jpg

Found this comparison pic between the two ASM figures on Freaks.

gbbiSGI.jpg

Sorry about the crap pics. And don't judge my messy house. Been in the road a lot lately.

Used identical sized stands. Arranged height.

All Aou figures except asm2 spiderman.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Actors height is irrelevant. It's the character height that matters. They all played the exact same person so they should all be the same height.

They (the actor) is playing the part of someone else. They don't have the powers, they are not the same age, they are not actually named the characters name or born when they are or any of that stuff. Height is just another thing that is attached to the character not the actor.

It matters to me and apparently HT as well since they gave us longer foot pegs to use on TFA Cap and every cap since has been taller than the original. Most of the characters HT or even sideshow do try to get the right height for the character/actor. So it's not irrelevant at all. Maybe to you but not to me and others and the companies trying to put out an accurate product.

It's irrelevant in that it the actor and the character do not have to be the the same height. The height is supposed to be reflective of the character. It's why the stark figures are not shorter then everyone else. It's how you can have a 5ft 9 Elijah wood play a 2 foot tall hobbit. It's how dean Cain and tom welling are supposed to be the exact same height as sueorman and be 6 inches different in the real world. Is it really that hard to get?

I wasn't saying the height of the character an it's reflection in scale figures is irrelevant, I said that no matter how tall the actor is...hu are playing a part. And just like the character is different from them in nearly every way possible (can fly, was in ww2, ect ect) the height is assigned or reflective of the character and NOT the actor. Batman is a certain height. No matter if he's in facts 4 inch tall drawing or a 6 ft 2 Ben Affleck that's portraying him.

The actors are playing someone or something else. That "else" is where ALL the details come from. Let's make it easier to grasp. American sniper is a fictional movie. It has characters that based on real people, but are fictionalizations on the screen. civil war is a movie with characters based on fake people, but those fake people all have stats the same as a real person. In this anology...Chris Kyle is a certain height and weight and age and is married to a certain person..Bradley cooper is just a representation of Chris Kyle. All the data/reference whatever you want to call it would be of Chris kyle for the figure based on the film, even if it looks like Bradley Cooper(yes, there are Chris kyle figures based on the man not the movie which would be like a comic version of Cap vs the film version). Groot is a 7 foot tall tree. Should Vin diesle height be used? Chris Evans is playing cap. Marvel and the filmmakers decided the height and strength of the character. It's not based on what Evans bench press and height.

The questions when design scaled version of a movie Captain America are not how tall is Chris Evans it's how tall is Captain America (as portrayed by Evans). It's the character everyone's buying.

Evans is 6ft flat, hemsworth 6ft3, RDJ is 5ft 9. Does it looks on screen like there's a nearly 6 inch height difference between Thor and stark? Is Thor 3 inches taller then Cap? No. What matters is how tall Thor, stark, and Cap are...not how tall the actors are.

Last edited:

Cap and Thor have stood onscreen next to each other and Thor is clearly a bit taller than Cap. Just because some paper pusher at Marvel or Disney wants them to be the same height doesn't make it so, when the film makers don't abide by it. Doesn't matter to me what some height chart says when what's onscreen says different.

Back