1/6 Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

Anyone know why it will not let me apply my rewards to this. I have 340 I was saving for this. This stinks it?s never stopped me before

I couldnt use reward points either. Sideshow has to be strapped for cash atm, they even forced some people to do payment plan when ordering so they could get even more cash upfront before shipping then just the nrd. How they are picking this is beyond me cause i was able to order mine normally “pay in full” upon shipping with just nrd being charged today

Re: Spider-Man-1/6th scale Spider-Man (Spider-Man 2099 Black) - Toy Fair Exclusive

It has to have been a glitch. I can't imagine they're hurting for cash so badly they engineered their website to force some people, seemingly at random, to pay in full. I'm sure if those people contact Sideshow they can straighten out the issue.

I?m still on the fence about getting this one as Hot Toys also has the Into the Spiderverse license and could theoretically release a version with the cape in the future. Gah! Idk what to do!

Last edited:

I?m still on the fence about getting this one as Hot Toys also has the Into the Spiderverse license and could theoretically release a version with the cape in the future. Gah! Idk what to do!

You can get this one and sell later if the Into the Spiderverse version does get made. There?s a chance that this one might end up being the better one.

How would that be cheaper for him if he lives in the states, shipping will cost even more then sideshow charges plus he wont get reward points. Besides with this being an exclusive if he buys it on ebay or directly from a Chinese third party seller he will pay more than retail for it. There is also always a chance he gets charged customs which would wipe out any tax savings

Thanks for having this discussion for me! lol :hi5:

Perhaps I will look into ToysBuyingAgent or ToysWonderlandHK...

Totally possible but it will be in an animated style. So if you want a realistic take, this is the one to get. If you?re getting the other Spiderverse figures, then it might be worth waiting. Orrrrr, you could always get both!

Up for pre-order at Popcultcha. $386 au. Stoked, I was fearing it breaching the $500 mark.

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the little push, guys. I preordered the figure. Really looking forward to him and eventually classic suit.

Is there any chance hot toys adds 2099?s cape as one of the extras before release? It really feels incomplete without it. Is there any precedent with them adding stuff after the PO goes up?

Thanks for the little push, guys. I preordered the figure. Really looking forward to him and eventually classic suit.

Is there any chance hot toys adds 2099?s cape as one of the extras before release? It really feels incomplete without it. Is there any precedent with them adding stuff after the PO goes up?

Don?t expect it to be made, the game doesn?t have it, why should they bother?
I bet there will be a 3rd party who is going to make the cape when the figure has been released.

They probably wont add the cape, this is the game version and the game didn't have it so they have no reason to do so. You'll have to wait for the inevitable Spider-Verse version for that.

Looks like Sideshow changed the payment acceptance method. Previously it's possible to order Hot Toys figures if you are using out of US billing address card.

Oh well.

Looks like Sideshow changed the payment acceptance method. Previously it's possible to order Hot Toys figures if you are using out of US billing address card.

Oh well.

Are you sure? I don't see why they'd be offering global shipping if you can't pay with a Non-US card.

Are you sure? I don't see why they'd be offering global shipping if you can't pay with a Non-US card.

Yea, I'm pretty sure, checked with them online and this is what I got:
I am so sorry for that confusion. Due to a requirement from the licensor, this item is restricted from sale to specific territories. Because an address utilized on the account is in a restricted region, an order cannot be placed for this item. This is completely out of Sideshow's control. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

This is even with using my own address and changing it to various freight forwarder's addresses. So long your card is not US based they can't allow you to buy Hot Toys figures right now.

Not sure what's the logic being there other than locking it to region specific releases but this is a pretty upsetting development because even my reward points couldn't be used on these purchases too.

Are you sure it's for all Hot Toys figures? Maybe it's just because this is an exclusive. You could always buy from a HK seller instead.

Are you sure it's for all Hot Toys figures? Maybe it's just because this is an exclusive. You could always buy from a HK seller instead.

Yeah, I'd say that's more like it. Just because it is an exclusive.

I am in Europe and bought Ep2 Yoda on Friday, shipping to a US address, but using Euro based Paypal I'm pretty sure.

Yeah, I'd say that's more like it. Just because it is an exclusive.

I am in Europe and bought Ep2 Yoda on Friday, shipping to a US address, but using Euro based Paypal I'm pretty sure.

Yea it is, I tried buying other non-exclusive figures and I'm running into the same error message.

box art, from a sixth scale facebook group.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 10.31.52 PM.jpg

ooh release in HK soon maybe

Maybe try to pay via paypal instead of a direct credit or debit card

I tried all sorts of combination, not working. Seems like I SOL for my reward points too since I have gathered quite a bit.

Back