Sphero BB-8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone isn't in a hurry for it, Brookstone has it for shipment October 1, and you can buy a $50 Brookstone Groupon for $25 and apply it to your purchase.

Edit: Brookstone is now sold out for the time being

Last edited:
Brookstone page says.. manufacturer does not allow coupons ... does this incl. groupon?

Brookstone page says.. manufacturer does not allow coupons ... does this incl. groupon?

No, the groupon would work, worked for me (I ordered another one for my cousin for Christmas), it's not entered as a promo code, its a gift certificate that you enter during the checkout process.

The new BB-8 by Sphero, 15 minutes well spent! Can even fit right in the closet next to your Furby, Virtual Boy, and other flavour of the day gadgets!

I got the Sphero BB-8 first thing this morning, and @MYC was right on the money re: the size. Here's a comparison photo with my 1/4 PF R2-D2 and a photo of BB-8 in my hand. I played with it a little, so if you have any questions about the product, I'll be happy to answer them for you.

bb8-vs-r2d2.jpg

this thing look so nice and like a prop with great technology... to bad its so small :(

this thing look so nice and like a prop with great technology... to bad its so small :(

I know! It would have been amazing if it was an actual 1:4 scale! The quality and the ability to pose it independently, without any base, is just amazing!

Id love to own this. And more importantly I'd love the $150 I don't have to spend on it. :lol

What is that bigger version? That Looks Like 1/4 To me...

Or is it the target excl.?

Last edited:

I would say that bigger one is closer to 1/3. I saw the BB-8 at Celebration, and it's nowhere near that size.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441481075.419189.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441481090.421013.jpg

I just got the Target version also, so I will know how big is that one once I get home.

P.S. My 100th post! :fireworks

Back