Speeder Bike PF / stock/ Mods / repaints? ideas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the fuzz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been graced with this fabulous PF in the last month. Needless to say, im admiring it with one kidney. As i had to sell the other one for it LOL.
Ive been wanting one of these for 2-3 years and managed to score one last month. If you are looking to obtain a release but you are to late to the party patients is a virtue and ebay helps.

Any how its absolutely Huge and a great figure.
But after admiring it for some time, i got to looking at reference pictures of the bike and there are afew things out but its still a wonderful piece.

But every time i looked at it im thinking this bike looks half clean it looks like it just come out of the production line. The outer brown frame looks weathered and great.
BUT the silver BITS (ie the engine and all other metallic peripheries looks in pristine condition and doesnt match the bike looks.

I want my speeder to look old, with oil leaks, grit and grime around the surfaces of the engine surfaces and metal frame work. Including scratches and metallic color inconsistencies to add character and worn and torn feel of what a speeder bike should look like.

But the stock engine looks to silver and not enough GRIM/ black colour.

Has any one felt the same way and have modded/ recoloured or added features to this piece.
Ive seen some features here about adding plant like base to the PF, and one has even recoloured the bike black (which looks awesome).

But has anyone attempted to replicate this PFs "dirty look" like in the moves?

Just looking at the PF one could add another tube to the sides, plastics cabling on handle bars and place some electronic wiring in the bikes many crevasses to give the impression of cabling.
To me this bike looks like a blank canvas ready to enhanced.

As im writting this im inspired to investigate charcoal based medium (as its very forgiving if one makes a mistake) and use with wet and dry brushing techniques to enhance this engine and metal frame

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Ps even though the scout looks good, im packing it back in the box because as i feel the bike alone is a brillant standalone .

not exactly what you are thinking, but here is my pride and joy:

IMG_5731Large.jpg

Nice mod!

My PF Biker Scout has been in storage since I got it. There will be a glorious day when I will finally be able to display it.

Jay1138 thats like an art gallery storing the Mona Lisa in storage "an outrage"
Lifes to short to keep things in storage.

progress report completed 90% of the repaint i.e charcoal wet and dry brushing techniques .
The piece is looking great, looks old, weathered, "car motor looking" with streaks and grease marks, carbon scorching etc , the way i feel it should've been released

Once i finish this stage one ill put some pictures up in the next few days

cheers

Back