Hot Toys - DeLorean - Mod ideas & Resources

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please stop sending PMs with your private number telling me to call you and messaging me in other threads that have nothing to do with this project. You can see I've not touched the Delorean for over a year and a half. Mine is still in parts, in storage because I've had not time to do anything else with it. I also don't use this forum much anymore. Just a few threads. Sorry, but I simply don't have the time to help you - I thought that would be obvious when I didn't reply to your first message.

I'm sure someone else in here will be happy to help you or you can read all the posts. Taking it apart is not rocket science, just takes time and patience.

Thanks.

you got it. I just had a buddy message you also. please just ignore that.
Have a great day.

We’re hoping someone on here can steer us in the right direction on how to remove the back bumper of the Delorean without breaking or damaging anything. If anybody has had experience doing these steps, it would be a huge help! As it turns out, the vehicle was first opened long after Sideshow sold out. Front lights work fine, but the rest of the lights on the vehicle do not turn on. We’re guessing it’s a bad wire or something similar. Either way, we’d like to crank this open in order to have someone knowledgable with these connections repair it professionally. However, they need to have these parts exposed before they can have a look. Whether it’s an easy fix or not, I’d rather not mess with it, but have no choice to open certain compartments in order to get this thing fixed.

Any ideas or tips?

We’re hoping someone on here can steer us in the right direction on how to remove the back bumper of the Delorean without breaking or damaging anything. If anybody has had experience doing these steps, it would be a huge help! As it turns out, the vehicle was first opened long after Sideshow sold out. Front lights work fine, but the rest of the lights on the vehicle do not turn on. We’re guessing it’s a bad wire or something similar. Either way, we’d like to crank this open in order to have someone knowledgable with these connections repair it professionally. However, they need to have these parts exposed before they can have a look. Whether it’s an easy fix or not, I’d rather not mess with it, but have no choice to open certain compartments in order to get this thing fixed.

Any ideas or tips?

Anyone that has done it before and willing to help us remove the back ends of the Delorean successfully to get to the wires I will paypal you $40.00
Please PM me if you know how thanks!

Any ideas or tips?

Anyone that has done it before and willing to help us remove the back ends of the Delorean successfully to get to the wires I will paypal you $40.00

You guys already got your answer. It is all documented with pictures in this very thread. Honestly, just start at page 1 and read through it. It is not that hard.

We did read through, but there is no explanation as how to carefully remove the rear bumper. In fact, there's a few pics with it off, and another member asking how it was done, and received no answer. Of course, we can crank it open by force, but don't want to break or damage. For this particular reason, we'd like to possibly have some insight as to how to proceed.

I'm guessing if you don't see any screws, the only thing left you really CAN do is carefully pry it apart. Most of the parts are probably just snapped in with little tabs that will give if you apply enough pressure.

We did read through, but there is no explanation as how to carefully remove the rear bumper. In fact, there's a few pics with it off, and another member asking how it was done, and received no answer. Of course, we can crank it open by force, but don't want to break or damage. For this particular reason, we'd like to possibly have some insight as to how to proceed.

C'mon man. I must have missed it. Besides, I don't owe people anything and have to answer them. I created the thread for fun.

From the top of my head, as I don't have the Delorean to hand (I will get back to it in the future - pun intended), Remove the rear wheels and look in the wheel arches. Each side has a square/rectangular plastic cover. Screws are behind each. Like I say - I haven't looked for 18 months or so, but pretty sure that had something to do with it.

IMG_5504.JPG

And I'm gonna assume you got all the obvious screws holding the bumper etc under the back parts.

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5477.JPG

IMG_5476.JPG

As I explained before - go slow and look at EVERYTHING. We're not wizards, just took our time and used our brains.

Now, I really am done with this thread for a while. Please, no more PMs.

You're both welcome. FFS. Last time I go out of my way.

If the stock lights go dead is there any way to repair or replace them?

Has anyone considered fixing the front door post on the door so it is correct? Would require a repaint, which I’m not sure how hard it would be to make a brushed stainless effect?

It would probably require the whole car to be resprayed...
I'd just leave it as is.

Yes it certainly would, though I have to admit I’m tempted! To me it’s a big flaw with the look. I’m just not sure how to get a brushed stainless look!

Hey guys. Quick question. I bought a super cheap delorean by the seller used to high of an adapter to turn the lights on thus frying the wires. Do you think this did actual damage to the lights themselves or can it be repaired by replacing the wires? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LEDs will probably need replacing, if the voltage was high enough to damage the wiring. LEDs are very cheap to replace though. The hard part is taking the car apart. Congrats on getting a cheap one, the price is way above RRP, nowadays, since the flying version looks to be not happening.

Back