Star Wars Speeder Bikes by Hasbroh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phastroh

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am almost ready to start a project. To be quick to my question is to say I am taking the Hasbroh Speeder Bikes and repainting them so they look more like the Sideshow ones.

I own 4 Hasbros and 1 Sideshow. I cannot use the Sideshow because I need 2 and well I am not spending $600 for this project as I am already using all Sideshow figures and as anyone who does projects know $$$$$ adds up quickly.

So I live near Orlando and go to Hollywood Studios monthly and they have a speeder bike in the Launch Bay and honestly the paint doesn't look much like the Sideshow bike. I kind of think Hasbro is closer. I am going back this weekend and have many photos I have taken for use as reference.

Is there anyone who knows the exact brown I would be using for the base or what to use on the metal gray parts. I was just going to eye the brown and use a dark gray metallic and be done with it but I thought I would ask if there are specific colors. I even thought about opening one of my sealed speeder models to look at the color chart.

I considered not working the rear exhausts inside too much and really they are not too detailed in the movie or anywhere anyway.

These are just for the base and I will use silver for scrapes and you know get them used looking. I could always use the Sideshow for reference but I just feel like it really doesn't look like the prop at Disney not counting the controls and stuff.

Maybe there are pix of someone elses Hasbro repaint?

Thanks and I will be taking pix as I go along and hopefully it will come out as I envisioned it. So far the layout pix actually look cool in my eyes but I am a long way from the end. Got to get the bikes done first.

Well i am no expert but what be of help, if your camera can take really good pictures you can upload them to scalemodeldb.com/paint and then click on an area and then click on show matching paint and it will give you the correct paint to get. Just a suggestion.

Back