Hot Toys - DeLorean - Mod ideas & Resources

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The LEDs will probably need replacing, if the voltage was high enough to damage the wiring. LEDs are very cheap to replace though. The hard part is taking the car apart. Congrats on getting a cheap one, the price is way above RRP, nowadays, since the flying version looks to be not happening.

Thank you for the advice! Sucks it doesn’t light up but very much worth it considering what I paid because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirdictor found this website with tyre decals recently:

https://mikelanemods.com/mod/hot-toys-tyre-transfer-mod/

I messaged the owner of the site and he replied saying he has more mods planned for sale in the next few weeks including “sticker sets, slide-in carpets, bonnet carpets, heel pads, licence plates and scale cable ties etc”

I posted this in the main delorean thread but I figured this was a good place to keep updated also!

Sirdictor found this website with tyre decals recently:

https://mikelanemods.com/mod/hot-toys-tyre-transfer-mod/

I messaged the owner of the site and he replied saying he has more mods planned for sale in the next few weeks including ?sticker sets, slide-in carpets, bonnet carpets, heel pads, licence plates and scale cable ties etc?

I posted this in the main delorean thread but I figured this was a good place to keep updated also!

That?s really cool. Thanks for sharing!

I wanted to customize my DeLorean, and make it interchangeable between the Mark I and Mark II cars. The Mr. Fusion coffee grinder is a 3D printed part from Shapeways. The Mr. Fusion "platform" is made of styrene. The Mr. Fusion fits into the plutonium chamber and the platform covers the existing chamber. The 2015 license plate is a clear decal printed over a piece of cardstock, wrapped in mylar chrome tape. Everything is removable. [emoji16]
ca160451ef04ad022a6ad17a16400c36.jpg
6a1644365ceb822f93e70a72a3433445.jpg
d606ab6f24bd1dd487ffb9d252bf482d.jpg
a542e6ed354b8573b237577f02d8c15a.gif

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice job! Looking to do the same mods to mine someday. How did you manage to fit Doc in there? Even Marty is a tight squeeze.

Nice job! Looking to do the same mods to mine someday. How did you manage to fit Doc in there? Even Marty is a tight squeeze.
Thanks! The Doc is an unfinished custom, started years ago. He's on an old Sideshow Buck body. Which is about the appropriate height for Lloyd. And it is a very tight squeeze, indeed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would have thought a base with 2 long holes (tyre width), those lights or some simple orange/amber LEDs and a vape would produce a similar effect

Ive never really looked but seeing how easy it is I can now find out why the drivers side droops slightly lower. I was just gonna leave it as deloreans in general had strut problems. You can see it in the films on occasion where the door lowers half way once its opened. Mines not that bad though
Did you find the cause and fix it

Kind of. However, everytime the door closes, you need to do this process again. Theres a spring on the door towards the rear, with a flat head screwdriver you need to compress the spring (theres a plastic bit on the spring) and then that part of the door lifts up and then you can slide the door off the front pin. Youre then left with that horrible black ratchet thing (its such a cheap and tacky way theyve done this). That basically needs resetting then you put the door back on in the reverse.
I cant remember but on that ratchet bit i think there is a screw which probably just needs tightening. I never touched that as i left the car on display with the door open fully.
I have since sold the car as i bought an actual delorean and felt i didnt need the toy.

I use Kasa internet plugs for all of my light up toys so I can control them from my phone. I just bought a power supply for the Delorean, and it works, though when I connect it to one of the Kasa switches it clicks off briefly, then it clicks right back on. I tried with three different Kasa switches. Has anyone been able to power theirs with an internet switch?

I figured out why my Delorean would not turn off when I connected it to my Kasa switch; I had rechargeable batteries in it from a very long time ago, and I completely forgot they were in there, so when I turned it off from the kasa switch via the power supply the charge from the batteries kicked in....

Does any one know the best touch up paint to use. I have a small mark on mine

Does any one know the best touch up paint to use. I have a small mark on mine
Mine actually has paint touchups from the factory. They're quite obvious when you spot them, so even Hot Toys can't get it right without respraying the whole thing.

There's no way to make blemishes compoletely invisible unless you respray the entire car. So you must temper your expectations.

With that said, the best thing you can do is buy a few differnt types of silver/aluminium paint and try it out on a smooth surface first, and see what matches the closest. or you could try getting a flat silver and adding a tiny amount of grey/black until it's close.

I can see what you mean around the door locks for one.. Will try a aluminium one. Thanks

Back