Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oFkj1oj.jpg

I've said from the start that that was a bad sculpt, glad to see others have caught on.

I'm glad Star Lord is looking pretty similar to the last one. I'm gonna make sure not to miss out on him.

Here I thought I was gonna get blown away by a real fur Rocket....:lol they are just re-using heads and its just an overall repaint

"Sneak preview" huh? Man I really thought this was just a photoshop by someone. It's the exact same figures with some costume adjustments. I really think HT is yanking our chains. I'm definitely getting a Starlord since I missed out on the first one but everyone else is a pass. And I'm sure Groot is only coming with Rocket.

I hope they tweak them into much newer figures, these look kit-bashed...Quills new look is too awesome to not take advantage, make Rocket FLOCKED!...make both a scaled version of baby Groot and a 1/1 scale and it would have been cool if instead of making two Drax figures, they would have just focused on one with interchangeable outfits to represent both films....this new Gamora looks modeled after pregnant Zoe...she looks bloated

Flocked isn't accurate. To make it like actual hair they would have to hand lay every single hair. For a figure the sell for likev140 bucks that's never gonna happen. Not even a chance. Just to do his arms and head it would take hours per figure.
They could do flocked but that would be super ugly. He would look like moss man from he-man 80s toys. That's flocking.

I wouldn't want a rocket that looked like this..

IMG_7066.JPG

With how much money HTs is making off of us, putting out a "furred" Rocket with baby Groot and pricing at 250$ I'd cop.

With how much money HTs is making off of us, putting out a "furred" Rocket with baby Groot and pricing at 250$ I'd cop.

The point I was making is that it's just not currently possible to make it at a price people would buy. Just a hand laid rocket head could cost a grand if it was to look real. And it would be incredibly fragile. Have a failure rate just from shipping well over 50% with accurate hair.

Just prototypes at this point. Heck, not even that. It's just a teaser to announce they have aquired the rights. (Legally it's required they published they got the rights in some form)

The point I was making is that it's just not currently possible to make it at a price people would buy. Just a hand laid rocket head could cost a grand if it was to look real. And it would be incredibly fragile. Have a failure rate just from shipping well over 50% with accurate hair.

And yet they pulled off Chewbacca :dunno

It can be done and the price doesn't have to be jacked to achieve it either

I'm sure there will be all new head sculpts. HT generally improves with each generation. Hopefully the unmasked Star Lord/Pratt likenesses will be improved and I'd also like to see a short jacket. I thought the first Gamora was great, so will be a wait and see on that. If they don't retool Drax's body more accurate to Batista's build and improve the head sculpt, I couldn't imagine getting a second one for a different colored pair of pants. Rocket should be either flocked or haired like Chewbacca, although flocked should be fine. I'm guessing it will be released as a two-pack with Baby Groot. Price tag will be interesting on that one, especially if it's another plastic Rocket. If plastic Rocket and BG lists for $200+ Collectors will be up and arms, but most will cave nonetheless. I'm more interested in seeing Nebula, Yondu, Mantis and Kurt Russell (which will probably come witha miniature Ego planet). I am really hoping that Warlock is in this movie. I think it's possible that Russell could end up being Warlock as well and they use computer deaging. Also I hope they produce Ayesha played by Elizabeth Debicki, 1) Ayesha/Kismit/"Her" is the female version of Warlock/"Him" and 2) HT needs to produce a 6' tall female.

Last edited:
The sculpts are the same as the first releases, I imagine they are just placeholders until they reveal the figures later on.

StarLord needs the short jacket this time, no point in 2 figures coming with the long jacket.

I imagine little Groot will be a 2 pack with Rocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And yet they pulled off Chewbacca :dunno

It can be done and the price doesn't have to be jacked to achieve it either

If yo I want him to look like a big hair ball they can do it. But unless I need new glasses raccoon and the hair used for chewy are completely different. It's like saying because they have fake hair on Pepper Potts they can do real hair on Starks beard. It's an entirely different situation.

So sure, if you want rocket to look like chewy or an ewok they can do it. If you want him to look like rocket or a raccoon then it's an entirely different thing

Big difference between this

IMG_7069.JPG

And this

IMG_7070.JPG

Even the one legacy made with fake hair doesn't look great. Looks like a kids stuffed animal. Raccoon hair just doesn't translate well unless you hand lay every strand and that takes so much time it makes the cost way to high. Yes it can be done, but not cheap enough for this. Yes they can do it a cheap way but it won't look great, as I said you'll end up with a stuffed animal or an ewok. And they can't just use fur on part and not the rest. That would be silly too.

IMG_7072.JPG

Last edited:
Back