Speculation: HT Upcoming Marvel Films Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll buy everything thats wasnt release from the 1 st movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just prototypes at this point. Heck, not even that. It's just a teaser to announce they have aquired the rights. (Legally it's required they published they got the rights in some form)

The sculpts are the same as the first releases, I imagine they are just placeholders until they reveal the figures later on.

StarLord needs the short jacket this time, no point in 2 figures coming with the long jacket.

I imagine little Groot will be a 2 pack with Rocket.

Well that's a relief. I didn't think HT would be THAT lazy, haha. And they are legally required to talk about their acquired licenses?! That's interesting. I was pleased with the first version of Rocket and I don't think an all fur version would look good if you think about it. It worked with Chewbacca because he is a rather tall figure but the first Rocket is about 6 inches and making it all fur would make it look like a mini plush toy.

If yo I want him to look like a big hair ball they can do it. But unless I need new glasses raccoon and the hair used for chewy are completely different. It's like saying because they have fake hair on Pepper Potts they can do real hair on Starks beard. It's an entirely different situation.

Your argument doesn't prove they can not achieve it

I assume they will update more than just the clothing but I still don't plan to re-buy the team (except for baby Groot). Bring on the new characters.

Nebula looks especially bad.

Not too excited for any of these at the moment, but that might change when the film comes out or they show improved figures. Hoping for Yondu, Nebula and Mantis too.

Every time I read about people complaining about that reused Gamora sculpt has me feeling like this
jVKgBnx.gif

Especially after all the flack I got from criticizing it when the first pics of the original Gamora came out. It's petty, but it feels so good.
giphy.gif

For years people said a chewy was beyond what could be achieved and even if they could make him the price would be more than anyone could afford, well those people were mistaken because they made him and at an affordable price, so even although the processes may be different in making a 'hairy' Rocket I think if they tried they could probably do it justice.

To anyone who doesn't have Starlord from the first film(like myself), is anybody else afraid there won't be a Pratt sculpt and we'll only get the helmeted one? I am. I want a Star Lord. He's the only one i'm definitely getting. But no Pratty sculpt and I'd have to reconsider.

Im sure he will have the Pratt sculpt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think its too early to say, same goes for all the figures, I'm not jumping to conclusions until I see the official announcement photos

If he wears the helmet a lot I wouldn't mind not getting one, however since he's a big star I think he'll mostly be without it, so its hard to see Hot Toys not doing a Pratt sculpt

I share the same fear about not getting the Pratt headsculpt, but Chris Pratt is such a big name, I can't see them not including one. I think we'll be ok.

Is anyone else hoping that Sylvester Stallone is playing Titus, because Id buy that figure in a heartbeat.
Not familiar with Titus, but I think there was a rumor he'd be playing Charlie27 which sounded interesting, another recent rumor said he is part of an ancient race, so who knows.

To anyone who doesn't have Starlord from the first film(like myself), is anybody else afraid there won't be a Pratt sculpt and we'll only get the helmeted one? I am. I want a Star Lord. He's the only one i'm definitely getting. But no Pratty sculpt and I'd have to reconsider.
Given't Pratt's star power and upcoming movies (JW2, Avengers:IW), it would probably be in HT's best interest to continue working on likenesses.

I do think they can come up with a faux fur technique for Rocket that doesn't involve extensive hand work. While not perfect, flocking would be a next step up. However companies have been making lifelike animal and bird collectible, novelties and ornaments with faux fur or feathers for years. It means adding a new technique to the workflow.

I didn't have a problem with the first Gamora other than the lifeless eyes Hopefully the next one will have more life to it. Keep in mind it took 2-3 tries to finally get Black Widow/Scarlet Johanssen right, although I do think they did a much better job with Scarlet Witch/Elizabeth Olsen.

The old Drax looks good (once it arrives), but I think the head looks a little too small and his lats should be wider. This would probably look great on the Phicen seamless muscle body but don't see HT subcontracting out or producing their own version. Maybe the new one will have an updated portrait and a second screaming portrait would be great.

dfdt0i.jpg

Hopefully they will improve things all around and produce new characters.

Last edited:
There will be a (hopefully upgraded) Pratt sculpt. There is no doubt in my mind. Firstly, MCU is big on the actors having a lot of face time. Iron Man is more Stark than IM, Hawkeye is unmasked etc... Pratt himself will spend way more time in the movie unmasked than masked when it is released. That is almost a certainty.

And secondly almost all the helmeted/masked characters have alt head sculpts these days.. Very few don't. The cookie cutter repetition suits for Iron Man don't (the likes of the diecast VI release will), most? of the HPP don't... Black Panther as yet doesn't. (That does seem a little strange, but who knows, it could change like Ant-Man)

The big question will be how much better the sculpt will look. It would seem suprising if they don't improve it.

For years people said a chewy was beyond what could be achieved and even if they could make him the price would be more than anyone could afford, well those people were mistaken because they made him and at an affordable price, so even although the processes may be different in making a 'hairy' Rocket I think if they tried they could probably do it justice.

I'd like to see them try a fur texture on Rocket. It can't look any worse than a plastic fur body. Plastic animals always look like a kids toy.

Back