Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Han Solo Action Figures

I’m expecting the Deathstar Trooper to be one of the figures released with this movie. Definitely picking that up maybe 2. Maybe HT will rerelease the ANH Troopers too. I don’t think I’d pick up any others unless there are some cool new aliens.

I think HTs will do more of the RO stormtroopers. According to YakFace forums, Hasbro has a product for "Range Trooper". I wonder if that is a new variant.

I think HTs will do more of the RO stormtroopers. According to YakFace forums, Hasbro has a product for "Range Trooper". I wonder if that is a new variant.

I could see them taking advantage of that considering the costumes and molds from the movie. I actually like the RO troopers but not as much as the ANH. Took a bit but they grew on me.
Maybe HT will finally release the 1/6 MF Cockpit :)

I wouldn't say I'm excited for this movie, but I'm definitely a whole lot more curious to see it now, just to see what the heck a Ron Howard Star Wars movie might look like! And I'm also preferring the more traditional approach that it sounds like he's bringing to it, which will probably be a lot closer to the tone and style of Lawrence Kasdan's screenplay.

As much as I loved the Lego Movie, I just wasn't feeling confident their style would work well for this movie, especially with how jokey and slapsticky it sounds like it was going to be.

I wouldn't say I'm excited for this movie, but I'm definitely a whole lot more curious to see it now, just to see what the heck a Ron Howard Star Wars movie might look like! And I'm also preferring the more traditional approach that it sounds like he's bringing to it, which will probably be a lot closer to the tone and style of Lawrence Kasdan's screenplay.

As much as I loved the Lego Movie, I just wasn't feeling confident their style would work well for this movie, especially with how jokey and slapsticky it sounds like it was going to be.

Yeah agree. I'm sure Ron Howard also won't be bringing a TLJ style of film to the table either. We certainly don't need those type of jokes !

I recall they showed one alien from Solo which is supposed to be one of the main characters. That and hopefully a heap of other aliens and dodgy hangouts could make this a cool unexpected film.

At this point I am favouring the "Anthology" films over the Saga films. Rogue One, great. Solo, hopefully great. Obi-Wan ?, great potential at least.

So here is a potential first look at a Solo poster. Not sure if it's ligit or not.

Alden Ehrenreich actually looks OK as Han in this Poster. I buy it.

Not really very spoilerific, but thought I'd put it in a spoiler quote anyway.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I am expecting a boring romantic comedy with a bit of action thrown in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I see there are some first Lego sets and figures being released. Nothing too spoilery, but I'm hoping for some cool aliens in this movie.

Stormtrooper and alien seem interesting. Trooper appears to be a blend of PT & OT.

Still not sure if I'll be in on Hot Toys for this movie. Would be in for Greedo if he has a cameo and HT decide to cover him.

Pics of alien and trooper if you'd like to see.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There is a leak of a Lego mini fig of the new imperial trooper variant on Yakface for anyone that's interested. Being a minifig it's a little hard to determine what the real thing will look like.

Where is HT Han Bespin?:gah::impatient:

Where is HT Han Bespin?:gah::impatient:

I think HT have run into a bit of a minefield in theoretically starting the ESB line. (Yoda, Leia, etc). People (like Talibane) will be asking for HT OT Han Bespin and OT Lando from this line, but the Solo movie will be pushing young Han and young Lando figures :rotfl

The smart move would be to release both young and OT versions, and try and tap into the OT "Lando love" raised by the Solo movie.

I think HT have run into a bit of a minefield in theoretically starting the ESB line. (Yoda, Leia, etc). People (like Talibane) will be asking for HT OT Han Bespin and OT Lando from this line, but the Solo movie will be pushing young Han and young Lando figures :rotfl

The smart move would be to release both young and OT versions, and try and tap into the OT "Lando love" raised by the Solo movie.

I believe HT is smart ;)...

Heck yeah bring on Lando! Bespin, Skiff, and General versions in a 3-pack! haha But seriously can't wait!

Back