Action Figure Speculation - Deadpool 2 Hot Toys Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's incredibly well detailed and has good likeness, but I'm going to be Joe Picky Pants and say something looks off, especially from the side; I feel like it's the mostly the eyes, but in the third picture his nose and chin look like they could use a bit of adjusting.

Spectacular modeling work and paint application, regardless.

This looks like they're practicing for Cable. :lol

Well sort of has some similarities. It's certainly as complex or even more so than Cable.

dc-comics-deathstroke-sicth-scale-figure-hot-toys-903668-02.jpg

Cable and Domino would be an instant buy for me.
And the headsculpt is so so so amazing, but sadly I suck at costomizing clothes and finding the right body and so on.

But...is it still possible that HT will relaase Cable? Or was there never a chance because of the licence?

Cable and Domino would be an instant buy for me.
And the headsculpt is so so so amazing, but sadly I suck at costomizing clothes and finding the right body and so on.

But...is it still possible that HT will relaase Cable? Or was there never a chance because of the licence?

Its certainly not impossible but the licensing issue is tricky. Not even Funko has a license to those movie version characters besides DP(like Hot Toys) and it would seem Funko has a license to every intellectual property in the known universe.

Its certainly not impossible but the licensing issue is tricky. Not even Funko has a license to those movie version characters besides DP(like Hot Toys) and it would seem Funko has a license to every intellectual property in the known universe.

Yeah that sucks so hard. Whoever has the rights is just leaving money on the table. I just don't get it.

Funko doesn't have the film rights, not even for Deadpool. They just capitalize on the film release with a generic Deadpool themed wave. The closest is the Bob Ross one, which is clearly supposed to be the movie DP, but there's zero fox branding. It's just heavily inspired by it and marketed under the unoffical label.

Very nice! I agree with someone that said the nose and chin are a bit off in the profile view...Josh Brolin as Cable is a bit challenging to sculpt accurately bc his weight varied a bit, he got ripped for the movie but any other ref you find of him he is usually heavier, so depending on what pics you use it can be tricky to get capture his likeness in a scene that is memorable and not just expressionless...this was the challenge with getting good Harrison Ford sculpts as Indiana Jones IMO. Keep up the good work:)

The Cable rifle is full scrachtbuilt from handformed styrene and ABS plastic parts, the only kitbashed parts are the scope and the grenade launcher.

Back