SPECTRE - Bond 24

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my most anticipated movie. Going to have a Craig Bond-a-thon this weekend I think. QoS may become more relevant to the series than ever.

I always felt like Quantum was the reboots version of SPECTRE since they had issues securing the rights to use the name again, so I fully expect Quantum to become SPECTRE or was SPECTRE all along. I don't think they'll lose any of that build up. I'm just a little surprised they didn't just make a SPECTRE trilogy from the get-go. Its kind of odd having Skyfall in the middle of what is clearly a trilogy without even mentioning Quantum.

Silva performed acts of cyber-terorism and infiltration for the highest bidder. He may have been selling secrets to SPECTRE.

Le Chiffre was playing with Quantum's money, which turns out to be SPECTRE's money.

This next movie might redefine what we thought we knew about the previous Craig Bond films.

I don't think they will tie Silva in. I think he's his own bad guy like Goldfinger was. But I can see a retcon for CS and QOS since they both featured Mr. White.

Rather than retcon it, couldn't they just have QUANTUM be another front for SPECTRE, or, even, have SPECTRE be an evolution of QUANTUM?

I always thought/hoped that SPECTRE was the unnamed secret organization Mr. White belonged to and quantum was just a ruse to cover it up. Looks like my theory is going to be the reality.

It may simply be that after Dominic Greene's death Blofeld stepped into power and Quantum became SPECTRE. The big difference is Quantum worked by staying invisible and through infiltration. SPECTRE is bold and blackmails governments and threatens open attack.

Interesting question. Will they consider a Bond villain with a pet too camp and cliche?

If done well who knows. Like what can you say Don Corleone is? He isn't a bad guy, nor a good guy, so what's the title for him? Then again he had a sort of passion so a animal kind of wwent with him. But let's look at John Wick and how essential animals are to us. I think it's possible but has to be done well with no cliches.

There's a million ways to sneak the white cat in. Blofeld's granddaughter is in the BG of a shot playing with a white cat. He smiles at the girl and pets the cat once.

His alter ego is a philanthropist, and, at one point, you have him petting a baby snow leopard on the head at a fundraiser for endangered species. Boom, there it is.

That sounds a lot like the Austin Powers series, guys. It was definitely a groundbreaking original, deserving of the high praise it gets, but borrowing from it so heavily would only serve to cheapen and harm the more serious nature of the Bond franchise.

Back