Special Spidey item next week!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wonder how long til the first "HURRAY" waitlist conversion?
I guess each order gets a few days to provide a working CCard should the first fail

gambit said:
No offense but it is obvious that most of the people are just buying for flipping.

:lol got that right.

...makes you wonder if what if the blue and red one was limited to 75, will it sell out? of course it will. But, what if the black and red one was limited to, lets say, 1000 since many have said that it looks wayyyy better. Will it sell out? ...and that includes the camera.

TOE said:
:lol got that right.

...makes you wonder if what if the blue and red one was limited to 75, will it sell out? of course it will. But, what if the black and red one was limited to, lets say, 1000 since many have said that it looks wayyyy better. Will it sell out? ...and that includes the camera.

Sell out? Not sure, but I think from reading the forums it would have been received better. I still am not a huge fan of how the fabric and polystone interact, but for my money it looks much better in these colors and is not nearly as noticeable. The previous piece was far too shiney, and made the more matte finished polystone stand out.

..at least for the $49 increase...sideshow could have thrown in a camera as well :lol

TOE said:
..at least for the $49 increase...sideshow could have thrown in a camera as well :lol

I hear ya. :cool:

Not dissing Sideshow's integrity or anything, but I think the original piece sold so badly that they took 75 regulars from the overstock and altered them to make this new exclusive. They'll probably use more from the same overstock to make the one for Friday's sale.

You clear the warehouse from a product that isn't popular and re-invent the wheel to create sales. Very smart move if that's what happened.

...if that is what they are doing.. then the edition size of the regular should decrease then.

Not really. The edition size would remain the same. They would basically be buying their own overstock, altering it and creating a brand new product. There is no way to confirm the physical existence of the actual amount of regular edition Spidey PF's out there.

Again, this is all just fun speculation from me and not based on anything. :monkey3

SolidLiquidFox said:
Not dissing Sideshow's integrity or anything, but I think the original piece sold so badly that they took 75 regulars from the overstock and altered them to make this new exclusive. They'll probably use more from the same overstock to make the one for Friday's sale.

I don't know about that, it seems a little far fetched. First, they would have to strip the paint off the old one, and then strip off the old fabric parts, then repaint, and attach the new fabric (somehow). That sounds like a little too much manual labor, and too expensive for US labor.

I guess it is conceivable that this statue is assembled in pieces, and they have blank pieces that they can attach (like an assembly line) with different fabric and paint. I imagine bins of Spidey arms and legs and torsos, and some guy putting these together with blue cloth until one day they give him black cloth.

But still, it would be far cheaper to order all the variants at once from the factory, in a single run. Then you get the QC consistent over the entire run of the statues and variants.

...SS probably had 75 extra ones to replace those that have been damaged or what not, but since they have a lot in stock they do not need the extras.

spideypv3.png

I don't see how they can convert the existing PF into this. They would have to smooth off all the raised webbing of the sculpted portion, as well as the spidey symbol on his chest. Then paint the white symbol and carry it over onto the spandex by his ribs. I don't think there will be a symbiote PF. Hope I'm wrong though.

...didn't Sideshow say something about a new VENOM coming out? perhaps next week is the time? :confused:

Back