1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS590 - Venom - Venom Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to have finally gotten this figure in hand. Especially after all the hype that was surrounding it.

Venom 1.jpg

Venom 2jpg.jpg

That’s all I want, but I’m terrified to trying to customize this figure. I’ve screwed up plenty of customs before and that was anxiety-induced at just $20 figures…

That said, yours looks great.
The purists just gotta have the spider, don't they? Did a good job but it seems unnatural. Glad they don't have it in the movies. When it does happen, I hope it's very subtle and blended.

The purists just gotta have the spider, don't they? Did a good job but it seems unnatural. Glad they don't have it in the movies. When it does happen, I hope it's very subtle and blended.
Make it the same clouded gooey white as his eyes and it would be astounding.

That’s all I want, but I’m terrified to trying to customize this figure. I’ve screwed up plenty of customs before and that was anxiety-induced at just $20 figures…

That said, yours looks great.
Thanks man. I felt a bit nervous painting him too but I like how he came out. Now to either make the symbol like the eyes or make the eyes white and more stylized as the comic.

I'm both a hardcore purist of the classic comics and laxed on the subtle changes if there are any. To me, Venom isn't Venom if he doesn't have his signature features.

Since he's been a childhood favorite of mine, especially with the old "alien liquid" toybiz version, he has to be perfect or I won't like it.

Wow that looks good. you do commissions?
It looks like a giant Marvel Select figure.
Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't. it's just a small touch up but I'd be afraid to make a mistake on anyones figures. I was nervous but wasn't afraid to work on mine.

Now he looks 100 percent perfect. Like what 2007 should have been. Although I loved the raised webbing
Almost! His feet need to have no toes next! Then he'd be perfect, in my opinion, of course. Instead of raised webbing he has raised veins!

Make it the same clouded gooey white as his eyes and it would be astounding.
Not quite sure yet. I would need to use an airbrush to make that happen or I could make the eyes look like how it is in the comics. Even though I already modded the body, I think I'll wait till I get an extra head and do some testing.

We just need a 1/6 venom figure that’s designed by Ryan Stegman and one designed by Todd McFarlane as his original look, and they all must have his correct symbol. I hope this game makes all those wishes become a dream come true because otherwise we ain’t getting no comic style 1/6 venom with his symbol on his chest anytime soon. The best attempt at a venom figure design was the Hot Toys Artist Mix Venom by Instinctoys but he only thing lacking in that was the damn articulation so it’s still not the figure we want

Attachments

• IMG_1309.png
    IMG_1309.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1303.png
    IMG_1303.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1311.png
    IMG_1311.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Back