Sopranos VS Breaking Bad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The better show is........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dexter is also better than BB or Sopranos, except for this season which is the first time I have been dissapointed with Dexter.

344cnix-1.gif

I love them both equally for different reasons. I just don't think you can compare. I think they are equally as well written and both shows have some incredible characters portrayed by some incredibly gifted actors/actresses.

Breaking Bad, The Sopranos & The Wire are my personal favourite shows

Along side Game Of Thrones but that's nothing like the 3 mentioned above & still has a long way to go

:exactly:Same here, unfortunately I don't think enough people here have seen either one of these shows so probably will not have too many that agree .

They're both spectacular series. I'd nominate Deadwood, as well, if we're talking Olyphant, but I think that might be a harder sell what with it not actually ending and all; still a great series, though.

I'll wait to vote until Breaking Bad is over but right now I would vote for Breaking Bad. Love both shows but I am more invested in the characters of Walter and Jesse than I ever was for Tony Soprano. But it depends on how it ends. I enjoyed the ending of The Sopranos so I will be be interested to see how Gilligan wraps up Breaking Bad. I am still rooting for Walter to make it. We have watched this once good turn to crime for noble reasons and turn into sort of a monster. But I still feel like there is good in him and despite all that he has done, I still want to see him redeem himself. Also Jesse has become the shows concience and I hope he makes it out alive.

:exactly:Same here, unfortunately I don't think enough people here have seen either one of these shows so probably will not have too many that agree .
I've watched the first three seasons of Justified. I like it quite a bit, but in terms of quality I don't consider it a worthy of being in a discussion with these other shows by a long shot. In fact, Deadwood was a much richer Olyphant show IMO.

But I still feel like there is good in him and despite all that he has done, I still want to see him redeem himself. Also Jesse has become the shows concience and I hope he makes it out alive.
He may have some good in him still, but I think he's way beyond redemption at this point. He's a cold blooded killer, and has no qualms about doing just about anything to just about anyone that may get in his way, including young kids. The show seems to be setting itself up so that the final primary conflict is between him and the authorities, so I'm not sure how he might even try to redeem himself in that situation. Would also seem to run counter to the logical progression of the series if that happened. BUT. . .you never know!

I've watched the first three seasons of Justified. I like it quite a bit, but in terms of quality I don't consider it a worthy of being in a discussion with these other shows by a long shot. In fact, Deadwood was a much richer Olyphant show

I agree Deadwood was great and Olyphant was excellent but Ian Mcshane's acting casted a shadow over Olyphants performance, also the show not ending was a big gripe of mine. I really feel Raylan is the character he was born to play but you are right I wouldn't compare it to Breaking Bad but is is one of my all time favorite shows, sometimes I'm not in the mood to watch something depressing and dramatic like Breaking Bad and I'm in the mood for something with some more action or some light humor.

He may have some good in him still, but I think he's way beyond redemption at this point. He's a cold blooded killer, and has no qualms about doing just about anything to just about anyone that may get in his way, including young kids. The show seems to be setting itself up so that the final primary conflict is between him and the authorities, so I'm not sure how he might even try to redeem himself in that situation. Would also seem to run counter to the logical progression of the series if that happened. BUT. . .you never know!

The only way I see him being somewhat redeemed is by helping Jesse get out. Walt will die I am sure of. But dying to save someone like Jesse who may or may not turn over real evidence Hank can use to prosecute would show that Walt does still care for this poor kid deep down. Best part about this show is I can come up with how I want it to play out that would be satisfactory. But the show continually does something completely different and better than I could have imagined. In no way did I think the confrontation between Hank and Walt would happen the first episode. Thought it would be 2 or 3 episodes of cat and mouse but they just went for it and left breathing room for character revelations and wrapping things up.

This is unfair because BB is so big right now but I rewatched Sopranos only a month or so ago and that was one hell of a show man. Easy choice

1. Deadwood

2. Sopranos

3. Wire

4. Breaking Bad

That could change based on how this wraps up of course.

Back