soooo..do you ever get jealous of others' collections?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jealous or envy?

• jealous

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • envious

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
People put together figures that I would love to own, but I wouldn't say I'm jealous.

I would agree with that. I like a lot of the customs since they are one of a kind. Kinda like the Han Solo in pigtails for your avatar. Awesome.:hi5:

Nah, where is the who gives a **** option? I don't know, there will always be someone better than you and your toys/dolls. What does it matter?

I don't get jealous. I love looking at others amazing collection wishing I had some of the pieces they have but I never get jealous. My issue is I don't get much money so I only can afford a couple of Statues/PF's and maybe a bust but I can afford 1/6 figures mostly along with Legos, Models etc. Last issue is space. My room is small and can't pack it with my stuff or else it would look clutter. Once I get more money and more space than ill be fine. Overall I'm happy and proud with my small collection. More things to be added slowly but I'm happy with what I got even if I have a very small collection. :)

Mine is bigger than Batty's. That's all that matters to me.

I would call you a jerk, but I'm afraid a mod would think I'm serious and ban me. So instead I shall say, good day to you, sir!

a5V5D02.gif

I don't get jealous, especially about a collection as a whole, but there are some individual pieces that I really admire. For example, I really like the Firefly customs some people have put together. Not to mention some of the amazing Star Wars customs people have done.

If I'm jealous of anything it is the amazing talent some of the people on the board have.

no, i love viewing other collectors collection not matter if they are smaller or larger than mine.

Not so much the collection as the space they have available to display what they have.

This is the nail on the head. The space / display can make or break the collection IMO.

I shelf full of 1/4 scale PFs displays the same cluttered look as a smaller shelf full of action figures IMO.
You have to separate and acknowledge surrounding, lighting, display and composition if you want to separate yourself from "the collector geek" to "you have some cool stuff,man."

If you truly want a cool looking collection, but dont have a lot of space, you will end up on the geek side if you buy every piece you want with disregard to display space available.
I struggle with it myself... :monkey1....:monkey1

I've heard jealousy defined as appreciating what others have and wishing you had it yourself, whereas envy is appreciating what others have and wishing they didn't have it either. One is a form of admiration. The other is pure malice.

I've never been jealous of a whole collection. Collections are too personalized. Individual pieces on the other hand, hell yes.

also a good POV..... :monkey1

Thanks!

I've heard jealousy defined as appreciating what others have and wishing you had it yourself, whereas envy is appreciating what others have and wishing they didn't have it either. One is a form of admiration. The other is pure malice.

I've never been jealous of a whole collection. Collections are too personalized. Individual pieces on the other hand, hell yes.

Well put Devil.

Its also easy to get jealous/envious over things that predate a relatively newer collector like myself.

A perfect example was that I posted in Mando's Steel Brigade thread that I was jealous of the people that had a custom SB head. Mando redid a small run and I got my head and was no longer envious.

Its all good fun and stuff that I wouldn't even know existed if not for fellow freaks sharing what they have. :hi5:

Hey I am jealous of your SB how bout you balance the scale out and just mail it to me so you can have good karma :lol

Back