Sony planning paid PSN subscriptions for 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an article that helps the arguement that PS3 inherently has weaker online infrastructure. Although it has nothing to do with service fees, it still helps support my point I think as to which is "better".
https://features.csmonitor.com/inno...n-warfare-2-servers-down-debunked-on-twitter/

It doesn't look like the article really makes that point for you. Looks like the real problem was with Demonware.

Besides, even if Live is "better" as you say, you still shouldn't have to pay for it.

It doesn't look like the article really makes that point for you. Looks like the real problem was with Demonware.

Besides, even if Live is "better" as you say, you still shouldn't have to pay for it.

Whether you should or shouldn't I will gladly pay for better. :rock

Retaining the basic free package is a smart move by Sony because there are lots of casual gamers out there like myself who game online on a very occasional basis.

And in the long run, Sony will benefit because these casual online gamers will probably at some point in time, spend some money on the PS network downloading music etc. If Sony cuts them out completely than that area of the market is severed.

With regards to the issue of paying for quality online service, I suppose it depends on the individual. I for one will not pay for something that I would only use a handful of times in any given month.

$50 isn't much by today's standards, but if i'm only going to game online a couple of hours a week, i'll much rather rough it out with an 'inferior' service that's not really as bad as some people make it out to be.

But if online gaming is something you spend a bulk of your time on, than $50 is a steal.
You could blow more than double that amount on a friday night out.

I'll take free over $50 anyday. I dont care if XBL has extra online features....there not worth the $50 IMO.

Back