Netflix Co-Founder’s Crazy Plan: Pay $10 a Month, Go to the Movies All You Want

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news for those who watch cinema at a regular basis. Those who visits theater very less, this offer will be no use to them.

Soon everything in life will be subscription based. Cinematic Universes and Subscription Services oh my.

Soon everything in life will be subscription based. Cinematic Universes and Subscription Services oh my.

I wish they'd do that. A lot less 'Universes' would get made if their life was dependent on subscription.

We wouldn't have to suffer thru Monsterverse or Dark Universe. They'd never reach the level to get made. Or they'd go to TV where they belong.

I'd do this if my theater was on board.

Sadly, my theater is part of the chains that aren't supported.

I'd probably go to more movies, and they'd def get more money from me via concessions.

Yeah, they'll be a catch to it for sure.

What catch for the consumer? It's $10 a month, cancel anytime. Used to be $50.

They raise the price, you cancel. Theaters don't want to use the program around you? you cancel.

Not sure how there's a catch there anywhere, but must admit, it is a bold move. I just signed up anyway. Website is getting destroyed.

There isn't a new movie being released that's worth watching every week, let alone everyday.
I don't see the appeal in this offer.

The true downside to this, whats truly sad is all the stinky loud poor people that might go as well, that might break the deal for me.

I think they're banking on people signing up for this then not using it.

AMC is worried about getting paid in the future if it sinks, I guess. It's the only reason why they wouldn't be for it. They have been up to this point.

This company will get tons of people to sign up, then they plan to sell your information -- this is how they are making additional money, selling your info and behavior patterns -- and then the company folds, you have no asset, but the company continues to sell your information as long as its valuable.

This company will get tons of people to sign up, then they plan to sell your information -- this is how they are making additional money, selling your info and behavior patterns -- and then the company folds, you have no asset, but the company continues to sell your information as long as its valuable.

Moviepass has been around for awhile, just not at this price.

So does facebook, google, youtube,
Worst thing they do it for free......

Back