Son of Dengar's Den of Stuff.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!!

Hey comrades! I've been super slammed with my day job but in the past few days I've been able to work on my version of Labria! Jessica made this head and I got it from her eons ago. i kinda love it though I'm toying with making another using Mati Zander's sculpt.

IMG_4010.jpeg

IMG_4021.jpeg

62313072583__BF90CE27-504E-4FA4-BBB7-C65B23424480.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpg
    IMG_4010.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 133
Hey dudes. I'm back from the dead. Hope everyone is healthy and safe.

So I spent a few months trying to perfect my droid casting for BGJ38 and an 8D8. It drove me MAD. The first prototype I posted a few months back was ok but it was not too posable and frankly you could see casting marks on it. So I versed myself in ZBrush and bought a Photon and a Mega Zero 2.0 printer. Here's what I came up with. The first design for BG (shown below AND BRILLIANTLY PAINTED BY CAGODA) is very heavy as it's cast in resin. The arms move with a ball joint that is made from resin too.

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4215.jpeg

Then I started learning how to print using the machines and making parts hollow so they won't be too heavy.

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4459.jpeg

And I came up with an idea to make plastic/rubber holsters in the figure for the ball joints. Like this.

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 9.34.40 PM.jpg

So with that in mind, I just completed my first prototype of an 8D8 and a BGJ38. They have full working ball joints on the neck, arms, hips, waist and screws on the knee joints and elbows.

63048176401__2CEEF1C5-B257-4642-940F-D3117AE36050.jpg

63048382889__C37C6296-7971-4CCA-8DEB-C4B11B23AE68.jpg

63048371498__4EFF1814-67AD-4FFE-BE3D-7DF15107F3D9.jpg

IMG_4529.HEIC.jpeg

Wow, SOD is becoming a triple threat - amazing sculpts, super-clean casts and now a ZBrush/3d Printing pro!:horror

You guys are far too kind! I am just happy you guys like em!

And yeah I'm gonna make labels for a little box for the Starsher and Bane Malar headsculpts tomorrow! I made about 20 of each and I am gonna make them available for 30 bucks each plus shipping! Please let me know if you're interested!

Here's a few up close pics for these guys to show detail and sizing next to a 1/6 head.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the encouragement from you chaps. It really goes a long way with me, so seriously thank you! I wanna start to share some of the prelim designs for EV9D9. (Looks towards the Jedi Archives aka Talibane). I'll have some pics in a bit!

Figuring out the mechanics of this to make legit posable figures has been a lot of fun.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the encouragement from you chaps. It really goes a long way with me, so seriously thank you! I wanna start to share some of the prelim designs for EV9D9. (Looks towards the Jedi Archives aka Talibane). I'll have some pics in a bit!

Figuring out the mechanics of this to make legit posable figures has been a lot of fun.

:yess:

There are two EVs in ROTJ (Jabba's Dungeon plus black version Star Destoyer bridge with different head) and I want both! I have some good ref - the black version is harder to get images of, but I have a few decent ones.

Fantastic work dude!! I can't wait to see more of your stuff! Love it!

Back