Some of my customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
die said:
Thanks for the comments guys.

I've got a few projects going now, I'll try to share more pics soon. Right now I just put together a Joker figure. I've always wanted to try my hand at making a Joker and this is one that I made using only items that I had in my parts boxes....

joker-1.jpg

I bought some dyes on sale about a year or so ago for 90% off and finally got a chance to use some on this project. Joker's shirt was dyed in "Sunshine Orange" and his vest was dyed in "Fuscia". I made his bow tie out of pieces of an old Christmas bow. It was fun to make, I even printed out a tiny Joker card to fit perfectly into his hand.

DUDE! That is one clever way to make a Joker! Very cool use of a head.
Wonderfully original!
Like your Blade Runner guys too!

droi2.jpg

I love the paintjob on this... very realistic, and totally baged up. Fabulous stuff!!

It may be a bit late, but bro, I love your V figures... I loved those tv movies from back in the day... got the dvd's too!
Nice stuff all around!

droi2.jpg

Very nice paint job and weathering on this one. Can't recognize it is from cheap looking Hasbro.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Well, since I was rushing at the last minute to post my fem fig pics tonight, I decided to upload some pics of my new stuff.

Here's an Obi Wan I did.

ow4.jpg

ow7.jpg

ow6.jpg

ow1.jpg

ow5.jpg

ow3.jpg

ow.jpg

Just something I did for fun. Sculpted a beard & hair onto a bbi military sculpt. The clothing is from Hasbro w/ SS Obi cloak & SS saber hilt donated to me by Ironman (thanks bro!)

Love your enhanced hair Anakin, ANH Luke, crispy Anakin, and 6MDM (boy that brings me back). What's the Luke HS from? Love you're weathering on the clonetrooper. You've got an amazing variety of stuff and talent with the painting, sculpting, customizing, etc.

Very cool.

I saw one of the stations is redoing The Bionic Woman. Have you heard if anyone has plans to redo 6MDM?

I love 'em all! You're really inspiring me to get to work on some older figures. Die, what's the African-American HS at the left in your shelf shot? I'm redoing one now that just doesn't seem to have the resemblance I hoped to find once the factory paint was off, and the eyes on that HS of yours look promising...

Mortar - Thanks! The ANH Luke sculpt came from the Gentle Giant bust. It's my favorite Luke likeness. As for 6MDM, I haven't heard any rumors on a new series. You know there's that rumor that's been around for years now about making a movie as a comedy version with Jim Carrey as Steve Austin (which I hope and pray never happens!)

Gruff - Thanks man! Is it the headsculpt with the military hat? That's my attempt at Mac from Predator (Bill Duke). It's actually a Power Team head that I reworked years ago.

I think my camera sucks or maybe it's just my photography skills that suck, but my Obi Wan looks crappy in my pics but looks so much better in person.

love1.jpg

love2.jpg

Maybe I need to practice outside with more natural light.

I've been working on my Punisher some too....

thepun1.jpg

thepun2.jpg

thepun3.jpg

So I finally picked up a new camera. ....and I have no idea what I'm doing.:lol

I snapped off a few shots as soon as I got it and I can already tell that I'll like this camera alot better. I promised myself I'd improve my photography skills some.

here's a few of the pics I shot...

ANH-1.jpg

ROTS-1.jpg

V-close.jpg

BRUCE-1.jpg

DC-1.jpg

Man that V figure is great! Whats the recipe on that one, did you make the black jacket from scratch?

I still have an original one MISB, I don't usually do that, but I figured he looked cooler in the package than out.

thanks Mooncat!

Man that V figure is great! Whats the recipe on that one, did you make the black jacket from scratch?

I still have an original one MISB, I don't usually do that, but I figured he looked cooler in the package than out.

Thanks, man. I just used a cheap leather jacket and cut the sleeves on it off. I think it came from a My Scene male figure or something. The red suit & gun are from the original figure. Oh, and the lizard head is from the original too! I used a standard bbi body, the original lizard head can be mounted easily on that neckpost. Then I used a generic SOTW head sculpt, cut it open making it looked reaped and put it on over the lizard head. I have 2 more characters from the V series as figures and an extra lizard head that fits on the bbi body if you'd like to see pics of those (I also have a WIP helmet for that V figure I posted.)

I snapped some pics of Extra Crispy Anakin & The Punisher. I gotta figure this camera out.

CRISP-1.jpg

CRISP-2.jpg

CRISP-3.jpg

PUN-1.jpg

PUN-2.jpg

PUN-3.jpg

DUDE! That extra crispy Anakin is the BALLS! I love it!
You nailed hm dude!
And I LOVE your battle droid repaint too! Just stupendous works!
Bravo! :clap

Wow, die! I absolutely love your work! My favorites I've seen from you so far have to be:
Roy Batty from Blade Runner
Rick Deckard from Blade Runner
(I got some custom heads I hope to use to make those two guys someday soon! Where'd you get their clothes?)

The crew from Predator
I love these! Hopefully Hot Toys or Sideshow will make them...someday. Yours are just awesome! Did you screen print or iron-on the MTV logo on Jesse's shirt? Nice touch!

The "crispy" well done Akakin from SW Ep. 3
Awesome work! Great job on the paint job to give him that burned up look.

The Punisher!
Wow, the first comic book I starting collecting back in 1987. Frank Castle/Punisher is still one of my personal favorites to this day! I love the blood spatter on him. Another nice touch there!

The "V" TV show lizard people guys...
Awesome! LJN made one crappy "Visitor" 12" figure back in the day...it was okay...but yours are SO much better!

Keep up the OUTSTANDING work! I am an aspiring 1/6 scale customizer myself. I keep working on improving my skills and look up to you, Les, pjam, Dboz, Cocoboloboy...and other members for help and inspiration! :D

Last edited:
thanks for the input guys, it is very much appreciated always!

(I got some custom heads I hope to use to make those two guys someday soon! Where'd you get their clothes?)

They are from the import Android and Android Hunter figures. You can find them on Ebay pretty often. I've seen lots of them up for auction lately.

Did you screen print or iron-on the MTV logo on Jesse's shirt? Nice touch!

Even easier! I did a Google search for the logo, found it and printed it out. Then I used some fabric glue to attach it & sealed over it!

Keep up the OUTSTANDING work! I am an aspiring 1/6 scale customizer myself. I keep working on improving my skills and look up to you, Les, pjam, Dboz, Cocoboloboy...and other members for help and inspiration!

Thanks Mike, that is super cool of you to say. One really cool thing about this place is the sharing of info. People here really do love the hobby. It would be cool if you got in on the next figure challenge (ZOMBIES!!)...It is alot of fun & good practice.

Here are a few new pics of my figure for the fem fig challenge we had...
ffem1.jpg

ffem2.jpg

and here's the extra Visitor lizard head that I did....

v-st5.jpg

Just a quick note.... My "V" figures are on the auction block, I just made a post over in the auction section here. I've got a few big projects in the works, so I plan on letting a few things go throughout August.

I've got some more figures, heads and parts I plan on putting up too for cheap. Just a heads-up in case any of you guys are after heads, bodies, etc.

Just a quick note.... My "V" figures are on the auction block, I just made a post over in the auction section here. I've got a few big projects in the works, so I plan on letting a few things go throughout August.

I've got some more figures, heads and parts I plan on putting up too for cheap. Just a heads-up in case any of you guys are after heads, bodies, etc.

Die, I can't believe you're parting with V!!!
And without tellin' me first!!! :monkey2

sorry Ironman! You've been on such a big POTA kick here lately, I thought you had abandoned V! :D

I'll have a few more up for auction soon, maybe comicbook characters next? Maybe some movie figures? Who knows. I'm certainly not getting out of collecting/customizing, I just have some big projects planned and I need some room & some new parts plus I want to do something fun for the next figure challenge as well.

In other words, I'm sure I'll be spending more than I make from selling.

here's a few more shots I took with the new camera...

Zombie Batgirl
zombiebatgirl001.jpg

dhjohn1.jpg

now for something different....

BATTLE DAMAGED OPTIMUS PRIME

op9.jpg

op8.jpg

op16.jpg

finally got around to getting some pics of it. I haven't been able to share alot of the new stuff I'm working on because most of it is for the next figure challenge.

Back