Some of my customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love your more recent crispy Anakin... but that old one I love for the inventive use of a skeleton arm!! VERY clever!

Thanks for the comments guys!

I finally got some projects finished & got a few quick pics.

First up is ESB Darth Vader:

I used a recasted kit, Hasbro Ultimate Villian pieces, BBI Rev Bem body & SS Maul's lightsaber blade.
vad003.jpg

The helmet is not a full reveal, it's just a partial reveal like in ESB. Most of you know that on the kit, Vaders revealed head is basically just a bald head with what looks like some "veins" sticking out. I decided to sculpt a more burnt looking head for the partial reveal.

vad002.jpg

I wanted to make sure Vader was tall enough. The BBI Rev Bem body worked pretty nicely for height. Here's a pic by Luke for size comparison...

vad1.jpg

I still have a bit of work to do to it, but I definitely needed to step away from it for a bit.

Here's a few of the others that I've finished up over the weekend.

Jim Kelly

jimk1.jpg

jimk2.jpg

term001.jpg

I've had the Frontline head for quite a while now. I've always thought it was a good likeness, the head does feel very slightly undersized to me though. I think Daniel's Jim Kelly head looks like it might be an even better likeness of Jim. I want to eventually put together an outfit for mine like he wore in Enter The Dragon but for now he's rocking the black turtleneck w/ bellbottoms!

T3 Arnold
arnie-t3-2.jpg

arnie-t3-1.jpg

This was an easy yet pretty expensive little bash. It's the McFarlane head on a BBI muscular body w/ the classic BBI neck attachment piece. The clothing and gear from Popsalute.

Nice! I love the collection you got going there... Very cool variation and style. :rock

Great work man!! Can't wait to see what's next!! :chew :chew

Here's a few pics of my '85 Snake Eyes WIP:

85se5.jpg

85se4.jpg

85se3.jpg

85se2.jpg

85se1.jpg

Here's Steve Austin modeling a red jumpsuit from ARE:
steve-red2.jpg

Here's 2 of my older attempts at Colt Seavers from The Fall Guy:
fallguy-002.jpg

fallguy1.jpg

(one is the classic Colt look & the other was inspired by a lunchbox I had as a kid, it featured Colt in a tan firesuit with a helmet)

Tankgirl:
tankgirl.jpg

tank2.jpg

Excellent stuff! I love your Punisher! Your Vader looks badass too!

Can you show us your 1st movie Terminator figure with the green coat ? It looks good so far!

thanks Paul!

I'm going to try to finish it up & get some pics.

Thanks Les!

Here are a few misc. junk pics to share...

Here’s my attempt at Oscar Goldman from 6M$M from a while back. I’m giving it another shot now since I’ve gotten a little bit better a sculpting, so maybe I’ll get better results this time around.

smdm5.jpg

This next one was fun to put together....It’s just a fanfiction-esque Terminator that I put together from spare parts. I’ve been trying to finish a Terminator from T1 and another from T3 and it can get to be a real pain trying to make the battle damage & clothing so “movie accurate”. It was a nice break to be able to do a custom with no real research involved. I kinda liked the T3 idea of reprogramming a Terminator to fight with John Conner & the resistance. This guy is loosely based on that concept.

ter3.jpg

ter2.jpg

ter1.jpg

I reworked one of the battle damaged T3 heads from Popsalute for this one. I added more burnt flesh, removed the “light switch” from the side of his head & resculpted the hair in that area. The clothing is from BBI and the body is Popsalute.

And just for fun....Here’s a pic of my 1:6 custom Luke beside the PF Luke from Sideshow that I got a few weeks back.

pfl3.jpg

Nice work once again, Die. I really have to dig out my old Oscar and see which DML head I had used. I thought it looked pretty good at the time, but its been awhile. Now, if we can just get John Saxon and Monte Markham. Oh, yeah, lets throw in a Vincent VanPatten while we're at it. :lol

Last edited:
Thanks Ironman! I'd like to see your Oscar one of these days, hopefully I can give you an update on my new one soon.

Now, if we can just get Jihn Saxon and Monte Markham. Oh, yeah, lets throw in a Vincent VanPatten while we're at it.

Yes! I would love to have a 6MDM VS 7MDM diorama! Imagine that.

oh and...Don't forget...

Ted Cassidy
Stephanie Powers
Martin E. Brooks
Andre The Giant
Lindsay Wagner

:D :D :D :D

die said:
Thanks Ironman! I'd like to see your Oscar one of these days, hopefully I can give you an update on my new one soon.

Yes! I would love to have a 6MDM VS 7MDM diorama! Imagine that.

oh and...Don't forget...

Ted Cassidy
Stephanie Powers
Martin E. Brooks
Andre The Giant
Lindsay Wagner

:D :D :D :D

Whew! At least you weren't asking for Sandy Duncan!! :rotfl
Yes. I would love to see a Ted Cassidy & Andre the Giant Bigfoot 2-pack.
Stphanie Powers would be great {and give me my April Dancer figure too!!]
Martin E. Brooks? Ok, but in a 2-pack with Alan Oppenheimer. [Or maybe Darren McGavin]
Lindsay Wagner? I'm happy with my Bionic Woman, but if it was really good...
There were a plethora of stars and guest stars on the Six Million Dollar Man that would make great figures!!
Maybe we'll get lucky and a 1:6 figure company that cares about its customers will pick up the license and supply us with some.

Actually, I would like a Sandy Duncan! :rotfl

I was digging through some bits & pieces the other day & put this together for fun...

bbf.jpg

I don't think I've posted this one yet....

Here's my Dirty Harry....

dirty1.jpg

dirty2.jpg

and more of my Roy & Deckard....

bladerunner1.jpg

bladerunner2.jpg

thanks, cf!

Some of the chats I've had lately with ironman & Les got me thinking about "the good 'ol days" of customizing, back when all we had to work with was basically Hasbro's offerings (yeah, I too am now wondering how that could be considered the "good 'ol days) and I guess what I'm trying to say is Sideshow makes it alot easier these days. I remember many years back being sooooooo inspired by all of Tony Diterlizz's customs on rebelscum that I wanted to re-do almost all of Hasbro's SW line and I actually did quite a few!

I'm still proud of alot of my old Hasbro customs and I dug a few pics up from a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

Here's some of my ROTJ customs:

rotj2.jpg

rotj3.jpg

ROTJemp3.jpg

leia1.jpg

and here's a few from the prequels/expanded universe. There's one of my first decent attempts at sculpting, some crazy tentacle horn jedi guy :lol

droi1.jpg

droi2.jpg

droi3.jpg

clo2.jpg

hornjedi2.jpg

kotor3.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys.

I've got a few projects going now, I'll try to share more pics soon. Right now I just put together a Joker figure. I've always wanted to try my hand at making a Joker and this is one that I made using only items that I had in my parts boxes....

joker-1.jpg

I bought some dyes on sale about a year or so ago for 90% off and finally got a chance to use some on this project. Joker's shirt was dyed in "Sunshine Orange" and his vest was dyed in "Fuscia". I made his bow tie out of pieces of an old Christmas bow. It was fun to make, I even printed out a tiny Joker card to fit perfectly into his hand.

My next project is still in it's beginning stages, it's a 1/4 scale Roy Batty bust sculpted by Anthony V for G-Force models. It still needs some sanding here & there & the arms need to be molded in.

roybust1.jpg

roybust2.jpg

Back