Some of my customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Die... As Les said before me... Amazing work my friend. I love the Predators and the Anakin. Nice Indy as well, I think that is sort of a customizer's right of passage. Indy is an obstacle we all must face and you did a good job of making it look easy.

Keep it up man... It can only get better from here.

die said:
Thanks Les! I definitely appreciate the comments, especially since I've been a huge fan of your stuff ever since I first stumbled across it some time back.

I've always wanted to do a Toasted Anakin ever since those photos leaked out during the filming of the movie (I actually attempted one as soon as I saw those pics but... let's just say I wasn't too pleased with it by the time the film came out :lol ) I should post pics of it just for laughs. I'm actually considering giving the Medical Table a try, I just gotta track down some good pics for reference. It was a real pain trying to find good reference pics of a toasty Anakin.

Here's a few of my Visitor figures from the TV show "V" that I made a while back. I'll probably re-work them one of these days as I'm not 100% pleased with them, but I loved that TV show & always wanted some figures of them. I made Willie, Ham Tyler & one of the Shocktrooper guys. At the time, there were no Michael Ironside sculpts on the market, so I reworked a bbi sculpt to favor Ironside. I'd like to replace it with one of sunohc's Ironside sculpts one of these days, I think his sculpt is excellent.

V!!! V DAMMIT!! all ur figs are nice but those V rule! yeah Sunohc's Ironside is better but what u've done works well too. wait'll Ironman see these.

V!!! V DAMMIT!! all ur figs are nice but those V rule! yeah Sunohc's Ironside is better but what u've done works well too. wait'll Ironman see these.

Me & Ironman have been sharing our V figure pics for years now, I think we may be the 2 biggest V fans in the world! :D

I definitely want to re-do Ironside once I get caught up on some of the many projects I have going now.

I haven't taken any new pics lately, hopefully I will this weekend. I've been working on a Punisher recently, so I'll try to snap some pics of him.

Here are a few different pics of some of the stuff I posted before....

(wish I could upload more than 5 files @ a time, I really need to find a new photo hosting service)

Since I'm sharing today :D ....Here's a few more pics I ran across.....

I think Die and I are subliminally linked on the "V" front. Once I get my Diana completed I think I'll recruit his Visitor stormtroopers to invade Sideshow with our mothership and blast them until the Apes and Kurgan are revived. :monkey5 [we now need a "V" smiley]
Sunohc's Ironside is on top of my "to complete" list to add to the mix. Now, for a Marc Singer and Judson Scott set of heads!!
Your stuff always makes me think of being a kid again, Die. We seem to have so much of the same stuff. Except for that Bionic Bigfoot I seem to be missing. I see you used the Astro suit for your 6M$M. I had thought of that, then went with the Crippen shuttle outfit and finally rested with the traditional red running suit. Maybe one day a nice 1:6 leisure suit. LOL.

Ironman, you have a Diana in the works? That is inspiring! I've always thought of making one & I was looking for usable parts for a bash of her but just never got anything going. A couple of Marc Singer heads would be so great to have (one for Donovan & one for a Beastmaster!).

Your stuff always makes me think of being a kid again, Die. We seem to have so much of the same stuff. Except for that Bionic Bigfoot I seem to be missing. I see you used the Astro suit for your 6M$M. I had thought of that, then went with the Crippen shuttle outfit and finally rested with the traditional red running suit. Maybe one day a nice 1:6 leisure suit. LOL.

I think that's the coolest thing anybody has ever said about my customs, simply because that's exactly what my customs do for me (or at least, I attempt to get them to!). They sit on my shelves & they remind me of being a kid again.

As for the 6MDM figures, I have 2 Bionic Bigfoots (one to resemble Andre the Giant & one to resemble Ted "Lurch" Cassidy) I also have 1 Oscar Goldman & 4 custom Steve Austins (one in spacesuit, one in tan leisure suit, one in blue leaisure suit w/ mustache! and one in pilot outfit) The leisure suit from 21st Yuri works well for Steve. I'm working on another Oscar Goldman & I also ordered a red jogging suit from Project A.R.E that I'll use for my next Steve. I'm also going to try to alter a Steve head into a Colt Seavers from The Fall Guy, ha! Have you posted any pics of your Steve Austin? I'd love to see how it turned out.

I'd love to have a fully poseable Ted Cassidy Bigfoot. To me he was always totally under rated in everyting he did. I'll have to try and locate one of those 21st Yuri suits. I passed on those figures a few times in store years ago and only now am realizing their bash potential.
I am redoing Oscar, looking for the right outfit for Jaime and here is my Steve [from a year or so ago]:
mycustom-6MM01.jpg

Cool looking Steve! I definitely want to make one of him in the red jogging suit too. My 6MDM collection is already out-of-control....

6mdmcollection.jpg

I even made one to represent the horrible "mustache phase" :lol

Steve-mustache.jpg

Here's the leisure suit ver.
Steve-Oscar1.jpg

Very cool!! I like the way he turned out in the leisure suit. The moustache one looks very good. I can't experiment too much, its the only head I have.

Thanks, Ironman!

Is that the head that Brian Pagan reworked? I got all of mine from my buddy Bionic-Joe. I still have a few more that I'm working on. They are just so much fun to make. It's going to be really bad when I have a whole cabinet full of them though. :lol

Man, you need to post pics of your Oscar & Jaime when you finish them. I'm working on re-doing Oscar too.

Here's another shot of mustache steve:

Steve-mustache2.jpg

and here's a preview of the Punisher figure I've been working on...

Punisher-WIP1.jpg

I'm still working on him, I need to get a good black trenchcoat for him & I plan on weathering him some and of course he needs more weapons.

I'm going to definitely have to see if I can get a camera working today. I still need to post some of DarkArtist81's repaints. All excellent work. I have some other customs that I've been dallying with [a Punisher as well] that need attention. I'll try and get them posted later over in my poor, little custom thread. :monkey3
Your Punisher looks good. Minehas the trenchcoat, but not enough weapons {yet} and I'm still undecided on his mode of transportation.
My Jaime is still naked as I can't decide what garb to use for her and if I want to "update" her or be truer to the show. Oscar has gone MIA. I went looking for him last week while searching for something unrelated and came up empty. Maybe he's hanging out with the Cover Up crew. :lol
Oh, and yes that's the Bryan Pagan sculpt.

Die, love your Steve Austin's man!
I saw them and just smiled! :D So many great memories.
I especially love that you had to do the mustache phase! :lol
That's love bro! Lovin' a show for all it's worth!
Thanks for sharing that.

Ironman, you definitely need to share more of your stuff since me & you both share so many of the same interests. I definitely want to see your 6MDM, V, sci-fi and comicbook stuff, even if it's WIP stuff!

Die, love your Steve Austin's man!
I saw them and just smiled! So many great memories.
I especially love that you had to do the mustache phase!
That's love bro! Lovin' a show for all it's worth!
Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks Les, it's always nice to see more fellow 6MDM fans out there. You should do one, I'd love to see you paint up a Steve head.

I tried to change the name of this thread, but it wouldn't work for me. I wanted to give it a cool name like some of you other guys have for your threads. :monkey2

Oh well...I did get some photo hosting though so that I can share pics now.

Here's my Anakin:

Anakin-die001.jpg

AnakinX2.jpg

Anakin-die2.jpg

Anakin-die1.jpg

What do you guys think? Does it work? I've reworked the hair like 4 times at least. I'm not very skilled at sculpting hair & Anakin's is a hell of a way to test my hair-sculpting skills. My first attempt was way too flat & straight.

I was also trying to make a custom Colt Seavers from The Fall Guy & I really screwed that hair up. I'll have to practice & research some before attempting that one again.

I just posted a few more over in my "gallery". And, yes, we really should share more back and forth.
Colt Seavers, huh? I might have to have one of those!!! Heather Thomas!!!

Ironman1188 said:
I just posted a few more over in my "gallery". And, yes, we really should share more back and forth.
Colt Seavers, huh? I might have to have one of those!!! Heather Thomas!!!

Ahhh yes, Heather Thomas. Man, I had the hugest crush on her when I was little. I remember those super hot posters of her that they sold in the mall. They were so hot that my mom said "No" when I wanted one.

I LOVE the crispy Anakin. I wanted to do something like that, too, but i never got around to it. Bravo!!

Thanks bro! I think you should definitely give it a try, I bet yours would be awesome. I'm a huge fan of all your Vaders already & I'd love to see your take on it. I'm going to try to rework mine some, maybe blend the colors more & tighten it up in some areas. I'll share pics when I get it going. I've always wanted to make a toasted Anakin. I attempted one a few years back after that very first leaked photo of an Anakin make-up test hit the net.

check these out (and don't be too harsh:rotfl )

Anakin-toast2.jpg

Anakin-toast1.jpg

The funny thing is I just used junk from my parts boxes to build it all. The head was an SOTW head that I shaved down, old Hasbro body, a skeleton arm, cheap pleathery pants & I covered it in Liquid Nails for the melted flesh :lol

I remember having fun making it.

I also attempted a "Clone General" Obi Wan in a similar fashion when I first saw the first images of Obi Wan in the Clone armor for the cartoon. I immediately thought it was cool that they put Obi in the clone armor. I always pictured him being in armor when he spoke of fighting with Anakin in The Clone Wars. I can remember customizing the 3-inch figures soooo many years ago and putting old Obi's head on Fett's body and painting it up.

1clo2.jpg

1clo1.jpg

Again, not really accurate or anything, but I remember it being a blast to work on. At the time, I thought it was the coolest thing I ever made.

That great work!! And as for accurate? Sometimes realistic beats accurate hands down. Great job on both of them!! And a possible use now for all of us with those extra Alec Guiness heads all over the place. :lol

And a possible use now for all of us with those extra Alec Guiness heads all over the place.

It's really not a bad sculpt. I remember being floored when I saw Tony Diterlizzi's repaint so many years ago. Truly inspiring for me, and I repainted all of my Obi's.

Now, I just wish I could shrink down the SS PF Alec-Obi head :monkey5

Another fun custom of mine from way back in the day:

Clone Emperor
1ce1.jpg
1ce2.jpg

1ce3.jpg

Again, made just from parts I had sitting around. I got really inspired by the EU characters & made a bunch of them at that time. I'd like to try him again one day.

Woah! This latest stuff's COOL!
Love the dark Clone Emperor, and that crisper Ani is top drawer stuff man!
GREAT interim version. REALLY cool paints and customs!

Back