Some of my customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

die

Super Freak
Reaction score
Die's Dastardly Do-Overs

Some of you know me as "diesaturn" from some of the other custom figure boards. I've been lurking here on and off for a while now and I figured it was time that I shared. There is really some amazing work shown here from some really talented people who have similar interests as I do. I'm not into millitary figures, all of my customs are sci-fi, action or comic book related. Basically, any movie, comic book or tv show that I enjoyed as a kid is welcome in 1:6 form to me.

Last edited:
loll..yeah that Anakin looks good.Sideshow should realeased one.

those are some excellent customs man.

You HAVE to build a medical table for that crispy Vader!!

Nice work man :monkey5

What kind of body did you use for the crispy Anakin?

Can't wait to see more of your work :chew

Thanks for the comments, guys.

That's some great work die!! I am not so sure about the Bruce Lee fig though.

:lol

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've searched for years for a really good Bruce sculpt without much success. The head I used on mine was a Medicom Bruce sculpt that I reworked (sculpted all new hair & reworked the face some). The Enterbay Bruce just costs way too much, so I'm stuck with mine until I can find a better sculpt.

You HAVE to build a medical table for that crispy Vader!!

You know I want to! I've already got so many projects going, I don't know when I'd get around to it. I might just have to settle for making a volcanic ash display stand:lol

What kind of body did you use for the crispy Anakin?

It was just one of the cheap bbi bodies from TRU. I cut it up and sculpted on top of it with Aves.

Here's a few more shots of toasted Anakin...

Here's some shots of my SS Anakin that I re-did. I removed the Sideshow hairpiece and completely sculpted the hair onto the head itself from scratch :monkey1 . It was a total pain to do, just ask hunky_artist, he's seen the WIP shots when I started.:lol

I'm still not 100% pleased with it, I'm probably not 75% pleased with it... but I'm tired of re-working it.

Great work Die... I especially love the Crispy Anakin and the Palpatine. Evil stuff seems to be your forte, I love the color choices and use of shading...

Can't wait to see more!!:rock

is it fur?

It's actually just some cheap faux fur I had in a parts box. I would have rather used better materials, but it actually worked out ok.

Evil stuff seems to be your forte

who me? :monkey3 :emperor

Hope you like zombies?

Awesome zombies. Just the right amount of gore!!! And those Pred figures look great. Whats the story behind them? Seems like I have seen them before?????? Or seen some very similar.

Thanks King D, I've posted pics of some of them on other boards before. The Predator team has been an ongoing on-and-off again project of mine for awhile now. I've made several different versions of each of the characters.

Not sure if there are any fans here, but I thought I'd throw this one out there. As a kid I loved the Gi Joe comics and of course the Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow storyline was my favorite part. I put together a classic-styled 1982 version of Snake Eyes (when he was more "commando" than "ninja") and I'm almost done with 1985 version (visor shades, sword, wolf...).

Anyways, here's my version of SE based on the early Joe comics and the small figure from 1982...

GREAT CAESAR'S GHOST!
You are one talented customizer Die!!!!
LOVE your stuff! Love the crispy Anakin. I have had one on the burners now for ages....sorry for the injoke there....but your's is so cool that I may say, why bother! Your's nails it! You do need the table though. And the surgical droids...

And those Predator characters! LOVE THEM! Love them. You have done some great work. Your Indy is top drawer all the way!
SUPER stuff!

Thanks Les! I definitely appreciate the comments, especially since I've been a huge fan of your stuff ever since I first stumbled across it some time back.

I've always wanted to do a Toasted Anakin ever since those photos leaked out during the filming of the movie (I actually attempted one as soon as I saw those pics but... let's just say I wasn't too pleased with it by the time the film came out :lol ) I should post pics of it just for laughs. I'm actually considering giving the Medical Table a try, I just gotta track down some good pics for reference. It was a real pain trying to find good reference pics of a toasty Anakin.

Here's a few of my Visitor figures from the TV show "V" that I made a while back. I'll probably re-work them one of these days as I'm not 100% pleased with them, but I loved that TV show & always wanted some figures of them. I made Willie, Ham Tyler & one of the Shocktrooper guys. At the time, there were no Michael Ironside sculpts on the market, so I reworked a bbi sculpt to favor Ironside. I'd like to replace it with one of sunohc's Ironside sculpts one of these days, I think his sculpt is excellent.

Back