Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (May 25th, 2018)

Ummmmm.......

Knights of the Old Republic
Qui-Gon
Yoda
Mace
Jango
Clone Wars Live Action Multiple Movies
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Palpatine
Vader 1, 2, 3
Order 66 Aftermath Multiple Movies
Pre-Cyborg Grievous
Episode 10, 11, 12
Asajj Ventress
Kenobi 1, 2, 3
Fett 1, 2, 3
Solo 1 2, 3

I think Star Wars will be better than the MCU.

Those are almost all PT or EU.... and Disney has chosen which 'canon' it feels is the cash-cow. OT only. And from the OT there are limited characters that would generate the kind of interest that Disney needs to justify the budget. As much as you might like a TV show based on the Adventures of Ki-Adi Mundi I seriously doubt there's enough interest to get him a comic book.

But yes, the Star Wars galaxy is certainly vast and full of characters... just not core characters because they've focused on the same family for 6 films.

Ummmmm.......

Knights of the Old Republic
Qui-Gon
Yoda
Mace
Jango
Clone Wars Live Action Multiple Movies
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Palpatine
Vader 1, 2, 3
Order 66 Aftermath Multiple Movies
Pre-Cyborg Grievous
Episode 10, 11, 12
Asajj Ventress
Kenobi 1, 2, 3
Fett 1, 2, 3
Solo 1 2, 3

I think Star Wars will be better than the MCU.

You forgot the Ewoks movie and the C3PO origin :lol

But yes, the Star Wars galaxy is certainly vast and full of characters... just not core characters because they've focused on the same family for 6 films.

:lol They have about 6 maybe 7 well known characters and that's counting Vader, but his origin was told already and he can only be an antagonist, not the main character in a film.

Those are almost all PT or EU.... and Disney has chosen which 'canon' it feels is the cash-cow. OT only. And from the OT there are limited characters that would generate the kind of interest that Disney needs to justify the budget. As much as you might like a TV show based on the Adventures of Ki-Adi Mundi I seriously doubt there's enough interest to get him a comic book.

I disagree.

Marvel turned a D+ comic book (aka GOTG), a B+ superhero (aka Iron Man), two characters nobody heard of (aka Widow and Hawkeye), and a viking type warrior (aka Thor) into huge success. Im not sure how you can sit there and say that Yoda, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Kenobi, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Mace Windu, Qui-Gon, Clone Wars live action could not sell better than Marvel... because they could.

Yoda origin movie.

Darth Plagueis/Sidious/Maul movie.

Kenobi Trilogy taking place after Episode 3

Vader Trilogy taking place after Episode 3

Boba Fett movie.

Jango Fett movie.

They would blow the MCU out of the water.

They would blow the MCU out of the water.

Not really.

Yoda origin movie - Maybe

Darth Plagueis/Sidious/Maul movie - Those are villains...won't work.

Kenobi Trilogy taking place after Episode 3 - Maybe, but after episode 3 he was keeping a low profile, so I'm not sure what kind of trilogy they can make when the guy is in some cave avoiding getting attention from the empire.

Vader Trilogy taking place after Episode 3 - He's a villain...won't work. Plus we saw his origin and him as a main villain in the OT. Best they can do with him is have him show up in cameos or be one of the villains in new prequels.

Boba Fett movie - It can work.

Jango Fett movie- The general audience doesn't like the prequels. He's just a poor man's Boba Fett, and he (boba) already has a film.

Not really.

Yoda origin movie - Maybe

Darth Plagueis/Sidious/Maul movie - Those are villains...won't work.

Kenobi Trilogy taking place after Episode 3 - Maybe, but after episode 3 he was keeping a low profile, so I'm not sure what kind of trilogy they can make when the guy is in some cave avoiding getting attention from the empire.

Vader Trilogy taking place after Episode 3 - He's a villain...won't work. Plus we saw his origin and him as a main villain in the OT. Best they can do with him is have him show up in cameos or be one of the villains in new prequels.

Boba Fett movie - It can work.

Jango Fett movie- The general audience doesn't like the prequels. He's just a poor man's Boba Fett, and he (boba) already has a film.

No.

"There villains." So. It does not matter. Suicide Squad is all villains. Maul, Sidious, Plagueis would be a much bigger draw.

No one knows what Kenobi is doing or if he is even on Tatooine at all. A new story would work, better than Thor 2.

Again, the excuse of "he's a villain... won't work" makes no sense. Its Vader. Im not sure how the most popular villain of all time could not have his own trilogy according to you. Read the new comic series, so many possible story lines to go with.

Jango teamed up with other bounty hunters in a Suicide Squad type movie would be awesome.

No.

"There villains." So. It does not matter. Suicide Squad is all villains. Maul, Sidious, Plagueis would be a much bigger draw.

No one knows what Kenobi is doing or if he is even on Tatooine at all. A new story would work, better than Thor 2.

Again, the excuse of "he's a villain... won't work" makes no sense. Its Vader. Im not sure how the most popular villain of all time could not have his own trilogy according to you. Read the new comic series, so many possible story lines to go with.

Jango teamed up with other bounty hunters in a Suicide Squad type movie would be awesome.

Suicide Squad hasn't come out yet, so we don't know if it can work, but my guess is that they will be antiheroes, and the main character played by Will Smith won't be a bad guy. According to the director, it's a film about "bad" vs evil. I don't see Maul, Sidious, and Plagueis as anti heroes or sympathetic characters in a story. They can be the villains in a film. It seems to me that most SW characters are very black or white with no grey areas, either evil bad guys or good guys.

As far as Vader, he's not a protagonist. That's just not his role. He's not an antihero, he's not a good guy (at least not until ROTJ). I don't see how a trilogy starring a villain hunting good guys and succeeding at his job can work. It's like a movie starring the Joker...who wants to cheer for that guy? The only way I can see a film starring Vader is if he goes up against someone who is worst than him, therefore making Vader look "good" by comparison, thus turning him into an antihero, but that's not who Vader is. He's a bad guy, and the Emperor's top henchman.

Suicide Squad hasn't come out yet, so we don't know if it can work, but my guess is that they will be antiheroes, and the main character played by Will Smith won't be a bad guy. According to the director, it's a film about "bad" vs evil. I don't see Maul, Sidious, and Plagueis as anti heroes or sympathetic characters in a story. They can be the villains in a film. It seems to me that most SW characters are very black or white with no grey areas, either evil bad guys or good guys.

As far as Vader, he's not a protagonist. That's just not his role. He's not an antihero, he's not a good guy (at least not until ROTJ). I don't see how a trilogy starring a villain hunting good guys and succeeding at his job can work. It's like a movie starring the Joker...who wants to cheer for that guy? The only way I can see a film starring Vader is if he goes up against someone who is worst than him, therefore making Vader look "good" by comparison, thus turning him into an antihero, but that's not who Vader is. He's a bad guy, and the Emperor's top henchman.

I don't understand why you think every movie needs a "hero" in order for it to be successful. Not only that, I can not believe you think a Vader stand alone film would not work. It would and thats a fact. Its Vader. The most popular villain of all time. A movie does not need to have the good guy win, look at ESB.

I don't understand why you think every movie needs a "hero" in order for it to be successful. Not only that, I can not believe you think a Vader stand alone film would not work. It would and thats a fact. Its Vader. The most popular villain of all time. A movie does not need to have the good guy win, look at ESB.

You said a Vader trilogy, not a stand alone film. I didn't say every film needs a hero, although most films have a "good" as a protagonist. The few films that have a villain as a protagonist get away with it because of the great acting by the actors playing those roles, like Daniel Day Lewis in "There Will be Blood." Can't see that with a guy wearing a plastic helmet 99% of the time. Also, those characters are multidimensional and complex with room to grow. I just don't see Vader as an interesting protagonist. We already know his origin and we've seen him evolve into a good guy in the the original films. As a character there's nowhere else to go with him. He's a bad dude who wears a helmet and hunts rebels...that's what he does. Besides, Vader being mysterious is what made him appealing to begin with, until the crappy prequels ruined that. ESB is not about Vader, the film focuses mainly on Luke Skywalker, the good guy you root for. So no, a film focusing on Vader is unlikely, but he can show up as a villain in one of those new unnecessary prequels, and I'm sure he will.

You said a Vader trilogy, not a stand alone film. I didn't say every film needs a hero, although most films have a "good" as a protagonist. The few films that have a villain as a protagonist get away with it because of the great acting by the actors playing those roles, like Daniel Day Lewis in "There Will be Blood." Can't see that with a guy wearing a plastic helmet 99% of the time. Also, those characters are multidimensional and complex with room to grow. I just don't see Vader as an interesting protagonist. Besides, Vader being mysterious is what made him appealing to begin with, until the crappy prequels ruined that. We already know his origin and we've seen him evolve into a good guy in the the original films. As a character there's nowhere else to go with him. He's a bad dude who wears a helmet and hunts rebels...that's what he does. ESB is not about Vader, the film focuses mainly on Luke Skywalker, the good guy you root for. So no, a film focusing on Vader is unlikely, but he can show up as a villain in one of those Upcoming prequels, and I'm sure he will.

Vader hunts Jedi, then rebels. Read the comic series out now, its clear Disney is going to have a Vader standalone/trilogy. Its just a matter of time.

‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Spinoff: Actors in the Running | Variety

Variety is reporting these are the actors on the shortlist for Han Solo: Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Jack Reynor, Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman, “Brooklyn” star Emory Cohen and “Everybody Wants Some” actor Blake Jenner.

Miles Teller looks like a potato. Dave Franco would be a terrible choice. I guess the only good choices are Eastwood or Lerman?

I don't have much confidence in this film if these are the actors they are thinking of using...

Get an unknown, it seems to work for SW

Variety is reporting these are the actors on the shortlist for Han Solo: Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Dave Franco, Jack Reynor, Scott Eastwood, Logan Lerman, “Brooklyn” star Emory Cohen and “Everybody Wants Some” actor Blake Jenner.

Miles Teller looks like a potato. Dave Franco would be a terrible choice. I guess the only good choices are Eastwood or Lerman?

I don't have much confidence in this film if these are the actors they are thinking of using...

Jack Reynor is the best choice from that list...at least from a physical stand point. I'm not familiar with him as an actor.

Wow, what an awful list of choices to play a young Han. I *guess* Eastwood would win that line-up by default. If they gave the role to any of those other fellows then I can say right now that the Han Solo anthology would have the dubious honor of being the first SW film I skipped in the theater. Hopefully that guy from Age of Adaline is still being considered.

Jack Reynor is the best choice from that list...at least from a physical stand point. I'm not familiar with him as an actor.

Just googled him. He was the ********* boyfriend in Transformers: Age of Extinction. Terrible choice. But with Disney planning 50 new SW films they were bound to blow it sooner or later so I'm sure I'll get used to picking and choosing which SW films I bother to see.

Didn't watch Transformers, but if he really was a ********* in the movie, I think that would be perfect for Han! Seriously. That's part of why I don't see Chris Pratt as Indy (besides the fact that he can't act serious)--Indy, and Han too, need to be bad guys, jerks, that will eventually come around and do the right thing.

Didn't watch Transformers, but if he really was a ********* in the movie, I think that would be perfect for Han! Seriously. That's part of why I don't see Chris Pratt as Indy (besides the fact that he can't act serious)--Indy, and Han too, need to be bad guys, jerks, that will eventually come around and do the right thing.

I know, but there is lovable ********* (which is Han to me) and want-to-punch-in-the-face *********. Reynor was the latter.

Wow, what an awful list of choices to play a young Han. I *guess* Eastwood would win that line-up by default. If they gave the role to any of those other fellows then I can say right now that the Han Solo anthology would have the dubious honor of being the first SW film I skipped in the theater. Hopefully that guy from Age of Adaline is still being considered.

I like Logan Lerman, kind of reminds me of a young Ford in some ways, granted his voice is kind of high, but if Han is supposed to be a teen, Lerman could work

Yeah I know they kinda have to consider a range of people but I'm disgusted if Anthony Ingruber isn't top of their list.

Just googled him. He was the ********* boyfriend in Transformers: Age of Extinction. Terrible choice. But with Disney planning 50 new SW films they were bound to blow it sooner or later so I'm sure I'll get used to picking and choosing which SW films I bother to see.

I haven't seen those films, so I have no idea if he can act, but he looks alright. I can kind of see him in the role...the other actors not so much. He might look a bit to old for an early 20's Han though.

B3vnbYg.jpg
QxUFBIc.jpg

Kind of reminds me of Chris Pratt too :lol

Back