Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (May 25th, 2018)

I was born in the early 80's :lol

Ufbr5ej.gif

It's true...all of it. I'm in my 30's. I don't remember him being that popular...or dying, then again, we didn't have cable so maybe I just missed it. I remember when John Candy died...but I only found out about it like 6 months later when I saw him on the cover of a magazine when I was getting a haircut :lol Worst haircut ever...

The very concept of a Han Solo movie seems lame to me.

I like the idea of Rogue One and the Obi-Wan solo movies, but what more do we need to see of Han? Especially when it will be "Han" without Harrison Ford.

I like the idea of Rogue One and the Obi-Wan solo movies, but what more do we need to see of Han? Especially when it will be "Han" without Harrison Ford.

That's why I think, since they are doing it, it needs to be a guy who is as close to Harrison Ford as you can get. This is not a situation for some randomer to come in and give his own 'take' - it's supposed to be one and the same character, within the same continuity. Hence why I think Ingruber would be the most appropriate.

Yeah... I don't know what story there is to tell, frankly. I don't see any room for a real character arc.

I don't like the idea of any anthology film that is a prequel, including Rogue One. I think they should keep it like Marvel and have both solo and group films all in the same forward moving continuity (The First Avenger notwithstanding.)

Yeah... I don't know what story there is to tell, frankly. I don't see any room for a real character arc.

Maybe they can tell the story of how he and Chewie met and how they got the Falcon...even though we already know that part. Maybe he can go from loner with trust issues to...less of a loner who trusts a giant wookie.

I don't like the idea of any anthology film that is a prequel, including Rogue One. I think they should keep it like Marvel and have both solo and group films all in the same forward moving continuity (The First Avenger notwithstanding.)

That would be absolutely terrible and make no sense at all. There are no characters that could get there own solo in the TFA era. Marvel has the ability to reach into a bag of characters and add a few into there on going timeline. Star Wars doesn't have that option. They can only go into the past. Fett, Kenobi, Yoda...... even Vader is an option.,

That would be absolutely terrible and make no sense at all. There are no characters that could get there own solo in the TFA era.

True. There are no other characters that exist in the galaxy that could be doing anything cool other than the ones we've already seen in TFA. I apologize for my mistake.

Maybe they can tell the story of how he and Chewie met and how they got the Falcon...even though we already know that part. Maybe he can go from loner with trust issues to...less of a loner who trusts a giant wookie.

Hopefully Disney throws in LOTS of forward thinking in-jokes because those are so clever and awesome.

Like "Settle down? Have kids? Not me, never. I swear a kid would be the death of me..."

And "They'll never get me on a highly modified YT series transport!"

True. There are no other characters that exist in the galaxy that could be doing anything cool other than the ones you see in the movie. I apologize for my mistake.

Who then? Rey who is off training with Luke and has Chewbacca with R2? Okay, episode 7 2.0 then. Finn? Why don't we exclude him from Episode 8 and give him a solo movie of finding Rey. Poe? As of now, it is pointless to have a solo movie from any of them for the next five to six years.

Best option is Fett, Kenobi, Yoda, Vader....... all better options that would make for a bigger movie than any solo movie from a TFA character or new character.

Yep. My bad. I just typed the word "prequel" in one of my posts and look who shows up. Sorry everyone.

Ha, never seen a mod make so many snide comments. You are the new me, except you defend TFA.... even its soundtrack :lol

But please, explain to me who could get a movie that production could start this year and make sense and not interfere with Episode 8. I am very interested who this magical person could be.

Ha, never seen a mod make so many snide comments. You are the new me, except you defend TFA.... even its soundtrack :lol

But please, explain to me who could get a movie that production could start this year and make sense and not interfere with Episode 8. I am very interested who this magical person could be.

how about

ulBdBdX.jpg

:lol I agree with you though, too early for anyone to care about spin offs from new characters.

Ha, never seen a mod make so many snide comments.

Too snide for a mod, I'll give you that. Sometimes I read what I type and I'll make a sarcastic joke and then put an emoticon to diffuse it and then I think "well that's stupid because now I'm undermining my own joke." And then I remove the emoticon and think "well now that sounds kind of jerky." In your case I guess I got a bigger laugh out of the jerkier version of my post and decided to let it stand. ;)

Back