Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (May 25th, 2018)

So I dont get all the negative vibe here to be honest

Because the chances of ALL that stuff being any good is virtually zero. Been around long enough to have learned that. So the more is NOT necessarily the merrier.

PLUS, the creative talent they do have will be spread too thin. So instead of all efforts focused on making one, say, good Empire Strikes Back, we get diluted stuff like the PT or the Hobbit that is stretched way too far and with only a couple good ideas or designs and a lot of dreck.

So there's reason to be concerned when they announce a plethora of movies/shows. Of course we all hope they'll be good, but it's all too easy to write the fantastic things you've heard. Let's see what's delivered.

I already feel like Disney is asking me to eat just one last "wafer-thin" mint.

2SPUZLR.gif

Not only Star Wars, but WB/DC is also aspiring to this goal apparently.

Yeah, with Marvel we know what to expect and SW is also a Disney property so I don't expect them to be a complete mess. DC on the other hand, I'm actually excited for or maybe just curious because they have two films next year that could be a complete train wreck of epic proportion, which can affect all the other potential films, so that uncertainty that comes with a DC film has my interest, just to see if DC can pull this off.

It's kind of weird that, if you could turn back the clock 15 years, I would have been really excited about all the prequels, re-boots, universes, etc. we are seeing. But as I've gotten older, and we've seen so much of that over that time, I have learned to genuinely appreciate films where we see something original and good, and then it's over, and that's it. I don't find myself really wanting sequels and prequels and spinoffs and whatnot. I think it actually works for Marvel and DC to some extent, but would be much better if we didn't get the same characters regurgitated so much (how much Iron Man do we really need?). But stuff like Terminator, Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters, Star Wars. . .I can only imagine that Gremlins, Back to the Future, ET, and Goonies reboots are around the corner, and I've had enough of it. I'm glad we never got Memento 2, Far(ther)go, A PreHistory of Violence, the Bigger Lebowski, etc.

Don't wait until the last fifteen minutes to introduce the Falcon.

The worst will be the "easter eggs" in the movies where, for example, in Infinity Wars, during a conversation with Thanos in his rock chair, you will see a Millennium Falcon cruise by between asteroids in the background... just for "fun".

The worst will be the "easter eggs" in the movies where, for example, in Infinity Wars, during a conversation with Thanos in his rock chair, you will see a Millennium Falcon cruise by between asteroids in the background... just for "fun".

Remember the E.T. cameo in episode 1? Now picture that, but with Groot or Rocket :lol

So I dont get all the negative vibe here to be honest

Kara, Clown Prince, and Wor-Gar have excellent points. Don't let our negativity and pessimism hamper your excitement and optimism.

Another thing bugging me is I already know the backstory of Han Solo, Obi-Wan, and how the Death Star plans were stolen. These aren't new ideas per se. They decided to throw out decades worth of stories and an established continuity to cash in on the franchise and churn out "new, official" versions. But with the amount of reboots these days, what really is official? It's only a matter of time before they decide to start over all over again. One day the original trilogy will be discarded and redone.

**** them, I say. I'm not giving them a penny toward the anthology series for that reason. I seem to be inn the majority in opinion at SSF but we're likely in the minority of the world population. Disney is going to make a killing on this model and will churn these out for the next several decades.

Last edited:

rumors are out of "KENOBI" movie after Ep8...

11540927_948331955231357_2895890090397551643_n.jpg

Ugh. Disney are gonna do what they did to marvel; make it more about the hype of the next movie than focus on telling good stories

Star Wars has lasted this long because it had a trilogy with a complete story then a long break then a new trilogy with a complete story. Now there'll be movies every year and no complete stories hust open-ended chapters in a long run of flicks more focused on being connected than telling the best story possible

Last edited:

It's getting a bit much now. Marvel is already over the top with it's endless phases of it's universe.

So we don't get the OT remade, but instead we'll have to endure someone else playing Han instead at a younger age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I already know the backstory. These aren't new ideas. They decided to throw out decades worth of stories and an established continuity to cash in on the franchise and churn out "new, official" versions". But with the amount of reboots these days, what really is official? It's only a matter of time before they decide to start over all over again. One day the original trilogy will be discarded and redone.
Exactly.
Been a SW fan since Ep1 - watching, reading and playing old stuff to know my ****. Now everything I knew about this franchise will be rebooted and they'll be selling same things under different names. Should I approve of this? No, certainly not.

Wake me up when we get to 'HUTZ': the edgy, expletive ridden, Scarface style gangster epic chronicling Jabba The Hutt's ruthless rise to power and his tragic parting of the ways with consigliere and beloved adopted brother, Lionel.

lionel-hutz-in-poltrona.jpg

Disney doesn't give a S*** about making good stand alone films as their main focus- it's the SW/ MCU mold they are aspring to- make all the money they can as fast as they can.
I think this approach of the MCU flms will topple the success of those films soon...overloaded formula cookie-cutter thinking

Star Wars is looking more and more like a cheap, used up whore now.

I love that it's written by Kasdan. Not only was he involved in writing Empire and Jedi but he wrote Raiders too. The guy knows Fordisms.

Back