Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (May 25th, 2018)

I love that it's written by Kasdan. Not only was he involved in writing Empire and Jedi but he wrote Raiders too. The guy knows Fordisms.

Been a long time though........

You all thought bringing back George Lucas was a good idea in 1999 and look what happened.

Looks like I can skip Star Wars flicks from here on out.

Ugh. Disney are gonna do what they did to marvel; make it more about the hype of the next movie than focus on telling good stories

Star Wars has lasted this long because it had a trilogy with a complete story then a long break then a new trilogy with a complete story. Now there'll be movies every year and no complete stories hust open-ended chapters in a long run of flicks more focused on being connected than telling the best story possible

To the point the last movie will have this scroll...

"A DAY AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY..."

:lol

Can all of you take your negativity elsewhere, please? Thank you

IoQBWXhpwsd0c.gif

I get 'it' that people are not excited for someone taking over as Solo, but the concern that Disney is going to whore out SW is just unfounded, imo. They've done an amazing job with the Marvel universe.....

but the concern that Disney is going to whore out SW is just unfounded, imo. They've done an amazing job with the Marvel universe.....

Connecting comic characters in one movie universe with big crossover titles throughout reflects the comics they're based on. And as good as some of the movies have been, have they all been good? Nope. Some have been duds but were needed to build up toward future films.

Old time movie serials that Star Wars is based off of do not lend themselves to that model. I think the prequels, the cartoons, and the way they ditched the established canon to make their own crappy versions are all the evidence I need that Star Wars has already whored itself out and is only going to get worse with these anthologies.

Last edited:

I just read the rumor that Aaron Paul may be taking over as Solo. I think that could work really well.

I hope we hear casting info at Comic Con but it may be too early?

Can all of you take your negativity elsewhere, please? Thank you

I get 'it' that people are not excited for someone taking over as Solo, but the concern that Disney is going to whore out SW is just unfounded, imo. They've done an amazing job with the Marvel universe.....

Not everything can be positive, Matt. And this is the thread for open discussion about the Star Wars spin-offs. I know you don't like negative -- I remember you from last year's Spook -- but its a part of life.

I would never be so presumptuous to tell you to take your positivity elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind seeing how Disney sees Solo do his first deal with the Hutts or making the Kessel run. Winning the Falcon from Lando etc.

I mean it. He's a damn good actor, and he can channel an angsty, rebellious, even charming character as well as anyone out there. I know there's some other guy who does great Solo expressions, but so what? They should cast someone with acting skills who is best able to capture the spirit of the character, which is a young Solo, and thus even more of an amoral, risk-taking scoundrel than we saw in the Star Wars films. More cosmetic stuff should be secondary to that.

I actually think a young Solo movie is a stupid idea, but if they're gonna do it. . . :lol

I mean it. He's a damn good actor, and he can channel an angsty, rebellious, even charming character as well as anyone out there. I know there's some other guy who does great Solo expressions, but so what? They should cast someone with acting skills who is best able to capture the spirit of the character, which is a young Solo, and thus even more of an amoral, risk-taking scoundrel than we saw in the Star Wars films. More cosmetic stuff should be secondary to that.

I actually think a young Solo movie is a stupid idea, but if they're gonna do it. . . :lol

OLZ3HYF.png

"I'm capt of the Millennium Falcon, b****!"

Not everything can be positive, Matt. And this is the thread for open discussion about the Star Wars spin-offs. I know you don't like negative -- I remember you from last year's Spook -- but its a part of life.

I would never be so presumptuous to tell you to take your positivity elsewhere.

Hey, critical negativity is one thing....and I agree....Life aint always roses, but these are just movies.....

Hey, critical negativity is one thing....and I agree....Life aint always roses, but these are just movies.....

And a lot of us are passionate and 'particular' and obsessive and protective and... love it or hate it, we love movies.

Last edited:

we love movies...
... to the point where we're willing to spend thousands of dollars on dolls and large pieces of cheap hollow polymer.
There's no going back from something like this. :lol

Is this a joke? Star Wars trying to MCU its galaxy?

It just doesn't have enough prime characters. Young Solo, Middle-aged Kenobi, Young Lando... then what?

Ummmmm.......

Knights of the Old Republic
Qui-Gon
Yoda
Mace
Jango
Clone Wars Live Action Multiple Movies
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Palpatine
Vader 1, 2, 3
Order 66 Aftermath Multiple Movies
Pre-Cyborg Grievous
Episode 10, 11, 12
Asajj Ventress
Kenobi 1, 2, 3
Fett 1, 2, 3
Solo 1 2, 3

I think Star Wars will be better than the MCU.

Back