Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o51dkjp.gif

Bumping this gif to make all the Karate moms next to jye go "what the ****?!?" :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I have that going on here almost every mom is in yoga pants hence jye sitting at karate (really tae-kwon-do but who’s counting).

Yoga pants? Oh I suspect there have been some naughty glances on your part. :nono

I mean are they the type of hot soccer moms with pert butts in those yoga pants, or those 250 pound rhinos that you see at a local 10$ buffet that could de-bone a hand in 5 seconds? :lol

Yoga pants? Oh I suspect there have been some naughty glances on your part. :nono

I mean are they the type of hot soccer moms with pert butts in those yoga pants, or those 250 pound rhinos that you see at a local 10$ buffet that could de-bone a hand in 5 seconds? :lol

Yeah Jye are they like Salma Hayek in yoga pants or Grace in yoga pants like Caped Baldy asked? I prefer Hayek to Rhinos myself.

:lol :lol

debone a hand :lol

I live in a fortune 500 /wall street mecca so it’s nothing but mostly very fit moms with toes of camels lol

But but butt that being said I highly doubt it compares to Wor-Gar’s neck of the woods were it’s not “mostly” fit women it’s every woman is freaking perfect LA!

Yeah Jye are they like Salma Hayek in yoga pants or Grace in yoga pants like Caped Baldy asked? I prefer Hayek to Rhinos myself.

Grace ain't no rhino, she (to quote ironwez) is thicc in all the right places. Reported for hate crimes! :chase

DgWA6uoU8AEQnDY.jpg

:lol

Watching this again. I honestly like it quite a bit all things considered. More than I did on the first viewing and enough to seriously consider both the Mudtrooper and Deluxe Han (the coat is a must). I actually like Alden as Han. It's by no means a perfect film... It's cruddy to think that this had the potential to turn into a couple of "adventures of Han and Chewie" films and now that probably won't happen. I think with some refinement you could honestly have an overall good and fun, albeit unnecessary, trilogy of films.

I wonder if the Mandalorian does well and proves that Star Wars has massive potential for quality serialization if we could see a similar Han and Chewie series in place of the contractually written up sequels. It honestly might work better that way.

Watching this again. I honestly like it quite a bit all things considered. More than I did on the first viewing and enough to seriously consider both the Mudtrooper and Deluxe Han (the coat is a must). I actually like Alden as Han. It's by no means a perfect film... It's cruddy to think that this had the potential to turn into a couple of "adventures of Han and Chewie" films and now that probably won't happen. I think with some refinement you could honestly have an overall good and fun, albeit unnecessary, trilogy of films.

I wonder if the Mandalorian does well and proves that Star Wars has massive potential for quality serialization if we could see a similar Han and Chewie series in place of the contractually written up sequels. It honestly might work better that way.

I bet you’re right I can see Disney moving the Solo and Obi stories to their streaming platform they already did it for Fett and RO.

Lets be honest here Mandalorian is about Fett regardless what name they use lol

I love how if you watch the little preview on Netflix right now it shows them talking to unmasked Enfys Nest. :lol :duh

Oh man :lol

So, now that this is on Netflix I thought about watching it last night. But instead I found myself hitting play on Geostorm that's been in my DVR for months... And after that awful movie was over I regretted not watching Solo again. :lol I usually buy every SW movie, but after TLJ and Solo underwhelming me I passed. My son didn't seem to want it or watch it again either. I'll get Solo eventually when it's cheap. $15 or less for the 4k.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I wouldn't be excited to watch a Star Wars movie for a 2nd time. Damn you Kennedy & Disney!! While Solo wasn't bad and had some fun scenes in it, there is just nothing memorable nor cool enough in the movie for me to be excited to watch it a 2nd time. The only design I liked was the Patrol Trooper. Not enough to buy the HT, bit I did buy the 6in Black Series Hasbro figure.

I loved RO & have watched it at least 6x now. Was looking forward to a Kenobi movie way more than Solo movie. Hopefully the Disney streaming shows are good.

I know it’s been said before, but I still really feel like TLJ took a lot of steam out of Solo, at the box office.

Solo wasn’t a movie I had much interest in, from the beginning. I had a lot of apprehension about them doing a movie that would require them to recast Han Solo.

But when I actually watched Solo, I found it to be a fun movie that was a lot more in the spirit of Star Wars than TLJ, or even TFA for that matter.

After watching TLJ, a movie that I didn’t hate but thought was kind of a downer, I found Solo to be kind of a nice palate cleanser. Unfortunately, I think the divided audience reaction to TLJ, combined with the fact that they released Solo only about six months later was a big part of why Solo didn’t do better, theatrically.

But I hope Disney doesn’t overcorrect and try to do away with the spinoffs, completely because I’ve liked them better than Episodes VII and VIII, And was really hoping for an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie.

You're right, it was a double whammy with Solo where A) people didn't think it was a good idea to do a story where a recast Han Solo was necessary and B) The Last Jedi soured people on new Star Wars under Disney.

Now, personally I don't think TLJ was any greater a crime against Star Wars than The Force Awakens and the prequels had already been but clearly a vocal proportion of people were really pissed off by TLJ, undeniable.

That said....Solo deserved to do better IMO. I'm basically an OT purist (I'm OK with special effects improvements in the SE and beyond but no other type of change) and I think that both Solo and Rogue One before it serve the OT well, they enhance those films by their individual merit (as opposed to being totally ***t by comparison). Alden did a damn good job IMO, I'm thrilled to agree with Harrison Ford on that considering that I had previously been disgusted that Disney didn't cast Anthony Ingruber. I'm still curious how Ingruber might have done but I'm not gonna deny that Alden (whose surname I may never get right so I'm not trying) was good so big thumbs up to him. I also liked Glover as Lando. Solo has some major 'big grin' moments and nothing that pissed me off, I'm thankful to it for that.

Back