Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope the 84' do great as it could lead them to other movie figures.

Fantastic news! I've always wanted the four to represent my fondness for the film.

From the pics, I'm not sold on the Bill Murray headsculpt. I know Mattel failed to get his likeness rights, so I wonder if Soldier Story had the same problem.

Mattel had his likeness rights and produced several Venkman figures.

They did have difficulty in getting him to sign off on them early in the line, however, which resulted in Venkman being the last of the 4 to be released on both the 6" and 12" scale.

Wow very unexpected, Egon and Venkman look great so far, I would like to see more. Soldier Story does occasionally have undersized heads but you usually don't care when they're in a helmet.
Their modern bodies are some of my favorites, second only to the True Type. Soldier Story however makes the best accessories in the 1:6 market. Hot Toys can't even come close to the quality of Soldier Story's weapons. Those Proton packs and ghost traps are going to be amazing! It would be nice if they can incorporate lights into the packs. Not really necessary but might just put these over the top.

I'm glad I only bought Ray Stantz from Mattel, I passed on the rest after that one.

Maybe they can get GIJoe from Sideshow....

I'm in gentleman. Now I will just need some 6th scale Goonies and maybe a Bill & Ted and my collection will be complete.

Re: Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

I guess that would be a small price to pay to finally getting these. I love other companies are giving HT a run for their money, competition brings out the best in everyone.
Oh yeah, no doubt. It's great to see GB finally get the 1/6 treatement. I am surprised they went with a Egon in casual clothes right out the gate. I think I can speak for most and say I'd rather they did them all in their GB uniforms first. It will still sell, but certainly a fully outfitted GB would sell better.

Hopefully better pics will pop up. From what can be seen I'd say the Bill Murray likeness needs some work. Ramis looks pretty damn good though.

Last edited:
Really odd question do we think these will light up?

I noticed that on the actual Proton Pack it has a black pipe maybe the wires are temp and will be inside the pipe? :pray:

Really hope we get more information soon. I'm antsy to see more pictures and would probably pre-order instantly.

Wow very unexpected, Egon and Venkman look great so far, I would like to see more. Soldier Story does occasionally have undersized heads but you usually don't care when they're in a helmet.
Their modern bodies are some of my favorites, second only to the True Type. Soldier Story however makes the best accessories in the 1:6 market. Hot Toys can't even come close to the quality of Soldier Story's weapons. Those Proton packs and ghost traps are going to be amazing! It would be nice if they can incorporate lights into the packs. Not really necessary but might just put these over the top.

I'm glad I only bought Ray Stantz from Mattel, I passed on the rest after that one.

I don't know this company but you can see from the Venkman photos alone that there's a high level of minute detail in there, which looks great. I hope they tweak the Venkman sculpt to make it less serious, but overall these look amazing. I usually only buy Star Wars but am definitely down for Venkman.

What's this 'Snyderman' sculpt people have mentioned?

Pretty sure these light up. Look at the pics of Egon and you can see the wand light on as well as the femghostbuster trap light. I imagine the packs have LEDs as well.

I don't know this company but you can see from the Venkman photos alone that there's a high level of minute detail in there, which looks great. I hope they tweak the Venkman sculpt to make it less serious, but overall these look amazing. I usually only buy Star Wars but am definitely down for Venkman.

What's this 'Snyderman' sculpt people have mentioned?
This snyderman's venkman painted by skiman. Prices on these were pretty reasonable, but I never pulled the trigger on them.
20qm337.jpg

Really looking forward to the original Ghostbusters set. My wallet won't be happy but who cares. lol I do think that Venkman's off. I think the nose is to blame but who knows what stage these are in. Looks promising so far. Fingers crossed.

Back