Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in for the original '84 crew.

Looking forward to seeing more on these figures, but yeah long overdue.

Look pretty good. I'd like to know more about their plans before I commit though. The courtroom Egon does indeed suggest an deeper line than many would initially think.

As happy as we are here, there are folks crying into their beer on OSW at the continuing demise of sixth scale military.
:lol

Not laughing at their misfortune, but just funny imagery. Some of those folks may not realize how tough it's been for collectors of classic geek movies, who have to wade through 5 million Iron Men to get one Marty McFly or Robocop in this day and age.

I'd honestly prefer if they did the characters in their gear before doing variants. I wonder what these will cost. I know someone said Soldier Story figures are around $150 normally but that's for generic character not attached to a licensed franchise with likeness rights and whatnot to clear.

GREAT news!

I still have the Mattel junk that I have yet to update/build. Too much work. I'm in for this. Hope it happens and that they finish the at least the key three from '84.

I'll have to come to Matty's defense here--their accessories are certainly not junk. The proton packs and traps are really good. And the PKE meter is serviceable. Of course, the bodies, suits, boots, belt, elbow pads, etc. are garbage.

GREAT news!

I still have the Mattel junk that I have yet to update/build. Too much work. I'm in for this. Hope it happens and that they finish the at least the key three from '84.
We had better get all four. Winston seems to get the short end of the stick a lot. Luckily though most toy companies have included him.

Look pretty good. I'd like to know more about their plans before I commit though. The courtroom Egon does indeed suggest an deeper line than many would initially think.

Depends. They may be value adding (given that they all share a core basic outfit, as well as many accessories) by adding a 'casual' outfit for each Ghostbuster as part of the package.

I mean maybe I'm off the mark here, but I can't imagine that there would be a huge call for individual casual versions of the guys at this scale, and the price tag that goes along with it. And certainly not before the main versions were done. But as extra options, or as part of a deluxe package, that I could potentially see.

Guess we'll just have to wait and find out...

I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice to have the duel posing options. Though I would prefer to get "We're Ready to Believe You" looks than the courtroom ones, if it was a 2-in-1 deal.

Man, I really hope these end up happening. I'm still scarred by the reveal of Ghostbusters Kubricks years ago that never were!

Soldier-Story-Sixth-Scale-Ghostbusters-007.jpg

TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!

Also, many of us don't like what's going on with the reboot of course. BUT, I personally am very thankful that it exists. Because without it, and without the renewed interest in this license, would we have seen these great looking figures? Not likely. Nor would we have mother****ing Ecto-Cooler again! So, thank you, Ghostbusters reboot! You have served your purpose brilliantly!

I couldn't agree more with you. That is the only benefit so far from that movie. All the influx of old GB stuff has been incredible.

I mean maybe I'm off the mark here, but I can't imagine that there would be a huge call for individual casual versions of the guys at this scale, and the price tag that goes along with it. And certainly not before the main versions were done. But as extra options, or as part of a deluxe package, that I could potentially see.

I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice to have the duel posing options. Though the Ghostbusters 2 jumpsuits were different than the ones in part 1, so to package the jump suits from part 1 with the courtroom look from part 2 would be weird. I would prefer to get "We're Ready to Believe You" looks than the courtroom ones, if it was a 2-in-1 deal.

The only casual outfits I would want are the "Ready to Believe you" looks. The three guys in their blue lab coats would rock!

I have Mattel figures that I forgot about with the customizer. Will definitely pick these up. While I'm not jumping up and down about the new movie if the reviews are good I'll go see it. Folks have been unnecessarily harsh just because it's female led, but in the same breath say there needs to be female led superhero movies.

Love it- more and more quality companies are picking up stuff HT won't touch anymore!

I'm working on extended scenes for the DVD on the new one as we speak. Finished the theatrical version earlier this week.

I personally am interested in Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon's figures, their characters are good.

I think the new movie is pretty good but is definitely different than the first - but you get to have the old one and the new one so no loss to anyone. Pretty surprised at the pitch forks and torches reception of it so far... I am betting people will actually like it once they see it.

I doubt I would go for the entire lineup of the new film but if the head sculpts come out good on those two women, I am in. I bet they do a Sigourney as well, while not a huge part in the new one, she is in it as well and they could repurpose (with a bit of aging and hair do change of course).

Interested to see if they do any ghosts like Slimer or the librarian or the Keymaster/Gatekeeper "dogs".

Back