Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best news evah!!! How exciting...reason # 3456890 I do not waste money on over priced customs...just be patient peeps

My only real gripe about the new GB, is that it's yet ANOTHER remake, reboot, reimagining. Blah, blah, blah. Of a movie that isn't even all that old. The lack of originality in Hollywood is becoming tedious. That being said... I don't have a problem with the ladies who are starring in this film. I love Kristen Wiig, and it'll be interesting to see Hemsworth do something different. I'll give it a shot... but a lot of the jokes shown in the trailers seem...forced. And the trailers often have the problem of showing the best gags, not the worst, so that leaves me a little skeptical.

Soldier Story makes amazing figures.
Glad to see a new company entering the movie-licenses fray. There's a lot of smaller, WWII and 'Nam oriented companies who are on par, if not superior, to Hot Toys.

I've no interest on Ghostbusters, but it's nice to see such a beloved movie get a good 1/6 offering.

Love it- more and more quality companies are picking up stuff HT won't touch anymore!

This is why Hot toys are losing their fan base.... Empty promises and more marvel. Unless your a Marvel fan Hot Toys don't offer much yeah you get a once in a blue moon surprise that's it.

I mean how long have we been waiting for Doc? We've seen at least 4 Ironmans, 2 scarlet witches, 3 captains americas oh and Stan lee.:banghead

No way would I want Hot Toys to make Ghostbusters you'd have to wait 8 years just for all 4. :rotfl

This is why Hot toys are losing their fan base.... Empty promises and more marvel. Unless your a Marvel fan Hot Toys don't offer much yeah you get a once in a blue moon surprise that's it.

I mean how long have we been waiting for Doc? We've seen at least 4 Ironmans, 2 scarlet witches, 3 captains americas oh and Stan lee.:banghead

No way would I want Hot Toys to make Ghostbusters you'd have to wait 8 years just for all 4. :rotfl

I don't know what you mean? You're saying you didn't want a cowboy Tony Stark from Iron Man? 12 different colors of the same Iron Man suit? Iron Man's secretary? Stan Lee who created Iron Man? The doctor who delivered Tony Stark? The lady who cleans the toilet at the office of the guy who made Iron Man? People are very picky nowadays...

What are the chances of Sideshow selling this like they do with ThreeZero?

What are the chances of Sideshow selling this like they do with ThreeZero?

50/50.

I would suggest buying from someone else though, like Timewalker Toys, Cotswold Collectibles or Monkey Depot. All three of those stores will surely carry it.

So this is what Soldier Story were up to. I wanted a few more Soldier Story, so this is even better! Hope they offer a std version as well as the deluxe.

Wow very unexpected, Egon and Venkman look great so far, I would like to see more. Soldier Story does occasionally have undersized heads but you usually don't care when they're in a helmet.
Their modern bodies are some of my favorites, second only to the True Type. Soldier Story however makes the best accessories in the 1:6 market. Hot Toys can't even come close to the quality of Soldier Story's weapons. Those Proton packs and ghost traps are going to be amazing! It would be nice if they can incorporate lights into the packs. Not really necessary but might just put these over the top.

I'm glad I only bought Ray Stantz from Mattel, I passed on the rest after that one.

I am SO in for these. First we got news that Mezco was going to be doing the original GB in their One:12 line and now this? Amazing.

So Soldier Story is now moving into movie figures. The '84 Ghostbusters sculpts are awesome and it's cool they're licensed...

Fantastic news! I've always wanted the four to represent my fondness for the film.

From the pics, I'm not sold on the Bill Murray headsculpt. I know Mattel failed to get his likeness rights, so I wonder if Soldier Story had the same problem.

Good news. I love Soldier Story. They probably make the best weapons in 1/6, and their tailoring is top notch. The sculpts usually are a touch too small, but the paint is solid. The bodies are also done well. If there is one thing that has always annoyed me is that they ALWAYS use neckless sculpt, and it's usually pretty ugly.

Good news. I love Soldier Story. They probably make the best weapons in 1/6, and their tailoring is top notch. The sculpts usually are a touch too small, but the paint is solid. The bodies are also done well. If there is one thing that has always annoyed me is that they ALWAYS use neckless sculpt, and it's usually pretty ugly.

I guess that would be a small price to pay to finally getting these. I love other companies are giving HT a run for their money, competition brings out the best in everyone.

Just an observation re: the wires between the backpacks and wands. It looks like they are for lighting the demo accessories. The same type of wire is going to the trap near Holzmmann's foot which looks lit up. All in all, these look great! Just when I was mentally budgeting for the Mezco figs, this pops up!

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Back