Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't bought Soldier Story in a few years. They had a reputation for making their heads a touch too small. Wonder if that's changed? They look a good scale in those pics.

Wow, that headline made me "WTF".

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Soldier Story and Ghostbusters. . . though I did read a few months back that they wanted to get into licensing and honestly, this gets me excited. SS definitely makes good gear, so this should be very, very nice.

Soldier-Story-Sixth-Scale-Ghostbusters-007.jpg

I love the overall look, beats the old Matty Collector one by leaps and bounds. Can't wait to see the other 3. :yess:

The fun part is that the most expensive part of the figure (the Proton Pack) will be re-used amongst all the figures, so that should keep the price from getting too crazy.

On that note, I would like to see more details of the proton pack. It has exposed wires instead of the black rubber tubing, and seems to have a rounded top, both of which look more like the new proton pack. But the barrel part and straps look like the original. Maybe a frankenstein stand-in?

On that note, I would like to see more details of the proton pack. It has exposed wires instead of the black rubber tubing, and seems to have a rounded top, both of which look more like the new proton pack. But the barrel part and straps look like the original. Maybe a frankenstein stand-in?

Pretty sure the rubber tubing will be added. As for the pack at the moment it does look too small.

Yeah, I would assume they will be more screen accurate when all is said and done.

Also, many of us don't like what's going on with the reboot of course. BUT, I personally am very thankful that it exists. Because without it, and without the renewed interest in this license, would we have seen these great looking figures? Not likely. Nor would we have mother****ing Ecto-Cooler again! So, thank you, Ghostbusters reboot! You have served your purpose brilliantly!

Last edited:
This. Is. Awesome. I kinda thought this might happen... someone jumping on the license for the original film(s) to piggyback off the marketing for the new movie. I'm hoping the same thing happens for the Blade Runner sequel, although Blade Runner has a much smaller place in the pop culture consciousness than Ghostbusters.

Really, it's about time we get licensed Ghostbusters figures. I've considered going the custom route for years, but it seemed a daunting task to get four accurate painted heads, four clothing sets and all of the accessories at a reasonable price.

Just give me the original four in their original uniforms with proton packs and I'll be happy. Even if the heads are too small, accurate clothing and accessories would be worth the price of admission.

No intrest in the new Ghostbusters but dam the originals look dam cool!
I'm hoping they do the whole set like mattel. Rather than just 2. :pray:

I was gonna buy the Mattel ones but given the fact this looks awesome really hope it lights up.....stand looks kick ass! :yess:
Is Mezco also doing the ghostbusters in 1:6?

Soldier Story is what originally hooked me into 1/6 - the accessories should really blow some people away. The SS 2.0 body is also far better then most other bodies out there, as it is well proportioned, flexible and has a nice, slim neck. Their hands also aren't oversized monster hands like HT, and their trigger hands look natural.

One issue with SS is that I've never seen them do a licensed headsculpt (they traditionally do the "that sure looks like" celebrity-style sculpts but not as well as someone like DID) and their heads do run small. Haven't gotten one in a long time though so here's hoping. They also don't have a neckless body, so these will likely all be neck-less heads, which is a little disappointing for fully clothed figures like Ghostbusters.

Yeah, I noticed the neckless sculpts. Less than ideal for figures from Ghostbusters (akin to HT's decision to do the same with Marty McFly), but beggars can't be choosers!

The Egon looks really damn good, but the Venkman still needs a lot of work (and I think Snyderman's sculpt of him actually comes a whole lot closer).

Still though, it's pretty damn awesome that we're getting some new 1/6 Ghostbusters figures.

Back