So, now that the movie is out, How would YOU have done the flick?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Have a more established white gangsta play Duke...like maybe Eminem or John Cena.

-Make all white Joes black and have Neal Patrick Harris (Doogie) play Stalker.

-Have Cobra Commander also be Hawk's nephew and Snow Job's hairdresser/gardener.

-make Beach Head a Russian

Oh, serious answer? How about stick to the source material rather than trying to add in little things loosely referencing source material.

-Have a more established white gangsta play Duke...like maybe Eminem or John Cena.

-Make all white Joes black and have Neal Patrick Harris (Doogie) play Stalker.

-Have Cobra Commander also be Hawk's nephew and Snow Job's hairdresser/gardener.

-make Beach Head a Russian

Oh, serious answer? How about stick to the source material rather than trying to add in little things loosely referencing source material.

^^^^ that. Go all out man. Get the ultimate "gangsta," to play Duke, Kevin Federline. Have the dude who played Powder be Staker, have Cobra Commander be Hawk's stepfather-halfbrother-nephew (from Arkansas), bring back Brendon Fraiser to play Lady Jay and make Beachhead one of the guinea pigs from G-Force!

K-Fed for Duke! I love it man.

How about Dave Chapelle as Rick James to play the part of Flint in the sequel?

How about have the Baroness be the Baroness disguised as Olivia Munn disguised as the Baroness?

Robin Williams as Roadblock for the block.

Now, what I would have done is keep the true history together. I would present this as a intense war movie. I would kept the history of Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes in the story? Cobra Commander would be seeing wearing in one scene his hood and another his helment. Keep the story adult because most joe's fans are adults now in their mid 30's or over. I would have all the original joes from the cartoon in the movie. My story would be Cobra quest for world domination but present it in a real intense style of filmmaking. Cobra would set up explosives in cities but show the horrors of a terrorist attacks, not some building just falling. That is lame. Show the casualities, show people with legs blown off, metals wrapped around in flesh, NO CGI. Real prosphetics, fx, latex.

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm pretty sure I would have left the accelerator suits out of it.

Honestly, I didn't have much of a problem with the script, although I don't think Duke and CC needed to be old friends. Acquaintances, maybe, but not friends. I don't mind the Baroness thing... IF it turns out she was in deep cover in the first place (which is not out of character after all).

Probably the only thing I'd change is make Ripcord into Stalker and change the costumes around on a few of the characters so they match the originals a bit more. Probably make Sgt Stone into Beachhead, too.

Probably the only thing I'd change is make Ripcord into Stalker and change the costumes around on a few of the characters so they match the originals a bit more. Probably make Sgt Stone into Beachhead, too.

Well, Ripcord was a Stalker...Who would've thought that staring at a chick's ass like it had the Contra code tattooed on it and making her feel like she was waaaay too smart to carry on a basic conversation with you would actually win her over. Now I know....

I'm glad they didn't try their hand at Beach Head, he's got a huge fan following and there would probably be a riot when they made him into an African surfer with a robotic neckbrace or some crap.

Well, Ripcord was a Stalker...Who would've thought that staring at a chick's ass like it had the Contra code tattooed on it and making her feel like she was waaaay too smart to carry on a basic conversation with you would actually win her over. Now I know....

I'm glad they didn't try their hand at Beach Head, he's got a huge fan following and there would probably be a riot when they made him into an African surfer with a robotic neckbrace or some crap.

Well, I just meant make Brendan Frasier's character into Beach Head. It was like, omg, here's Brendan Frasier all of a sudden making a sort of cool cameo (yeah, I like him, I admit) and he's fan-favourite... Sgt Stone?

I just think that he should have been someone recognizable, and what with him being involved in the training, BH would have been a good choice.

(BTW, yeah, I DID like the movie... didn't expect to, but I did.)

Well, I just meant make Brendan Frasier's character into Beach Head. It was like, omg, here's Brendan Frasier all of a sudden making a sort of cool cameo (yeah, I like him, I admit) and he's fan-favourite... Sgt Stone?

I just think that he should have been someone recognizable, and what with him being involved in the training, BH would have been a good choice.

(BTW, yeah, I DID like the movie... didn't expect to, but I did.)

He was initially slated to play Gung Ho. I say force him to play the role he scoffed at. I'd be perfectly happy if we never see Beachhead in this "genre" of Joe.

. I'd be perfectly happy if we never see Beachhead in this "genre" of Joe.

AMEN!

Breaker was the first Joe I ever owned, so imagine how I feel about where they went with his character. They could've just made him Dialtone.:rotfl

Back