Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those ordering just incase I do hope you keep your orders otherwise the ES will be higher than it should. SS probably should have ha an NRD on this to start.

Given the amount of cancellations that showed up back in the days before the NRD policy, I hope that orders with later cancellations don't artifically inflate the Edition Size. That is why I held off last night, and I don't think I will order today. All of you will have this amazing troll collectible, but I think I will stick with the movie characters as my collection.

For those ordering just incase I do hope you keep your orders otherwise the ES will be higher than it should. SS probably should have ha an NRD on this to start.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think you're going to get alot of people ordering this with the idea they can make a few bucks by flipping it, but no NRD is definitely going to result in alot more last minute cancellations for whatever the reason.

That's what I'm afraid of. An edition size higher than it should have been for a piece people said they would pass on until there was no nrd.

I also agree that there should have been a NRD. It would suck if SSC ended up making 800 more of these than they should have and it ends up sitting in over-stock hell for years like the Balrog LSB. :slap

Last edited:
That's what I'm afraid of. An edition size higher than it should have been for a piece people said they would pass on until there was no nrd.

I also agree that there should have been a NRD. It would suck if SSC ended up making 800 more of these than they should have and it ends up sitting in over-stock hell for years like the Balrog LSB. :slap

Yeah, a NRD and/or a set ES would have taken care of any potential problems down the road. SS knows this, so why they chose to take this route is beyond me. :dunno

I'm sure they have an idea for an ES but I agree either there has to be an NRD or a posted ES to start to keep things in balance.

TheJosh, I think we are both making the same point (mostly). I understand all that stuff. Personally, the one and only reason I collect is for the 'art' of it, because I'm a huge geek for some of these characters and am just in awe of the artwork and am excited to own it. Example.. I don't care if there were 6 billion copies of the 1/4 Alien Queen statue in the world, issued at birth to every human being... I'm still ECSTATIC to own one because it's a freaking amazing statue, the kind of Aliens piece that I've wanted since I was a kid! That is what makes collecting fun for me, there is product being produced today that I would have never DREAMED would be made in my geekiest of childhood dreams, and I couldn't care less how many are made, I'm just happy to be able to get one. :) The day I start thinking about this stuff like a stock broker instead of a kid is the day I (hopefully) stop collecting. Again, I'm just speaking for myself, not putting down anyone who considers all the factors you mentioned. There's nothing wrong with that approach and I admit it's even a smart way of thinking for someone who is concerned with making money later. It's just not a philosophy I adopt myself. Anyway... Can't wait to get this Troll! :)

I'm sure they have an idea for an ES but I agree either there has to be an NRD or a posted ES to start to keep things in balance.

I'm sure they do. I have taken a look at some of SS's other video game related statues and they ES's do seem somewhat reasonable, although those licences/games are already well established and this one is far from that, so I would personally hope the ES is fairly low....just in case the game itself tanks.

I'm sure they do. I have taken a look at some of SS's other video game related statues and they ES's do seem somewhat reasonable, although those licences/games are already well established and this one is far from that, so I would personally hope the ES is fairly low....just in case the game itself tanks.

Hmmmmmmm......Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age comes to mind. :slap (I don't know if it "tanked" or not, but is sure did suck)

Luckily "War In The North" looks very well done so far.

Hmmmmmmm......Lord Of The Rings: The Third Age comes to mind. :slap

Luckily "War In The North" looks very well done so far.

I agree. From what I've seen so far the game looks excellent, then again, how many movies look great based on the trailers only to suck once they hit the big screen? :lol I just think the 'quality' of the game is going to have a bearing on the success of this statue, and unfortunately, the ES is going to be set long before we find out whether this game/statue resonates with that particular brand of collector.

TheJosh, I think we are both making the same point (mostly). I understand all that stuff. Personally, the one and only reason I collect is for the 'art' of it, because I'm a huge geek for some of these characters and am just in awe of the artwork and am excited to own it. Example.. I don't care if there were 6 billion copies of the 1/4 Alien Queen statue in the world, issued at birth to every human being... I'm still ECSTATIC to own one because it's a freaking amazing statue, the kind of Aliens piece that I've wanted since I was a kid! That is what makes collecting fun for me, there is product being produced today that I would have never DREAMED would be made in my geekiest of childhood dreams, and I couldn't care less how many are made, I'm just happy to be able to get one. :) The day I start thinking about this stuff like a stock broker instead of a kid is the day I (hopefully) stop collecting. Again, I'm just speaking for myself, not putting down anyone who considers all the factors you mentioned. There's nothing wrong with that approach and I admit it's even a smart way of thinking for someone who is concerned with making money later. It's just not a philosophy I adopt myself. Anyway... Can't wait to get this Troll! :)

I understand that you collect to collect. Nothing wrong with that being your main focus I do believe thats why 99.99% of us collect. Its just some of us want limited ES so that way lines last and if we ever have to sell for whatever reason we don't lose our shorts. Plus this allows you to collect to just collect.

I would expect like I said it to be in the 300-500 range. The game itself I think looks like its going to be a blast.

I understand that you collect to collect. Nothing wrong with that being your main focus I do believe thats why 99.99% of us collect. Its just some of us want limited ES so that way lines last and if we ever have to sell for whatever reason we don't lose our shorts. Plus this allows you to collect to just collect.

I would expect like I said it to be in the 300-500 range. The game itself I think looks like its going to be a blast.

That works for me.

I liked the LOTR:TA. :dunno

It did have nice graphics. I really wanted to like it and felt bad because my Wife bought it for me for Valentine's day back when it came out.

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this one and don't want to set my expectations too high.......but my heart tells me it's gonna kick a$$ all over the place! :yess:

It did have nice graphics. I really wanted to like it and felt bad because my Wife bought it for me for Valentine's day back when it came out.

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this one and don't want to set my expectations too high.......but my heart tells me it's gonna kick a$$ all over the place! :yess:

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I had a good time playing through as those characters helping out in Middle Earth. It wasn't as good as the ROTK game for the PS2 but it was fun. Actually, I've not played a LOTR game yet that I didn't enjoy.

Thats limited but allow enough folks who want to get one get one.

No doubt. Despite the fact it's not a movie-related collectible, a low ES in conjunction with the great price will make this attractive to alot of collectors. :lecture

deleted by mod. Keep it nice, respects others. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far my only disappointment with the Snow Troll statue is that it is going to arrive in the Spring. Which means it's gonna be another year and a half before I can fully enjoy it with a nice fire in the fireplace and the snow swirling and wind howling outside. :mad::lol

Last edited:
Back