Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curse you guys. I almost went weak and ordered this. Thankfully I regained strength as I was about to click 'place order'.

If you can swing it, I would strongly urge you to reconsider.

Pics!!!!!!

He's displayed in my office right now and I didn't bring my camera to work today 'cause he wasn't supposed to show up until tomorrow. I'll take some pics outside when I get home as long as it's stopped raining.

He's a rad piece, and I'm having the same issue as Drakul in that I constantly want to reorder this. Pretty sure with the edition size and beauty of the piece, he will be valuable in years to come. But, I just cannot let that drive my purchasing habits any more. Speculation. He's a beauty though, and if I were still in the maquette line, he would be a no brainer for sure.

Just don't like the green tinge still...

I wouldn't have even noticed the green except for the pics being posted. The camera must bring it out more, because in person it's hardy noticeable.

All I can say about this guy is......Pure Awesomeness! :rock:rock:rock

Last edited:
IMG_1725.jpg

Yeah, in person the greenish (if you can call it that) isn't like that to the naked eye. This is on par with the Original Cave Troll for coolness.

Why not take pics of the 2 trolls in a natural light so the color difference is more muted?

pretty cool, there should be a thread of just pictures for this guy showing things you can fit in his hand :monkey3

He's a rad piece, and I'm having the same issue as Drakul in that I constantly want to reorder this. Pretty sure with the edition size and beauty of the piece, he will be valuable in years to come. But, I just cannot let that drive my purchasing habits any more. Speculation. He's a beauty though, and if I were still in the maquette line, he would be a no brainer for sure.

Just don't like the green tinge still...

If you can swing it, I would strongly urge you to reconsider.

I 'could' but it's a bad idea as I'm really low on $ and unemployed.

For me it's really just that he falls into what I call that Skaar category; it's a great looking statue of a character I either know nothing about or is really not one I find 'key'.
I will, even if i'm low on cash, get Batman, Joker, Arthas, Mythos... but not this.

For me it's really just that he falls into what I call that Skaar category; it's a great looking statue of a character I either know nothing about or is really not one I find 'key'.
I will, even if i'm low on cash, get Batman, Joker, Arthas, Mythos... but not this.

I hear ya, your logic makes perfect sense to me. In the words of a wise man (Dirty Harry Callahan) "A man's got to know his limitations" :lol

I had to make a ton of cuts in order to get this guy. I canceled (or sold off) every other maquette except for The Ringwraith Ex & Twilight Witch King Ex. The top of my must have list is The Dark Rider PF (this is THE ONE piece I have wanted since the LOTR PF line began) and the Snow Troll was 2nd, everything else was expendable. Once the Dark Rider and TWK statue ship next spring I plan to really cut back on collecting. I may go for an occasional Maquette since SS has extended flex pay to 4 months which makes them a lot easier to budget in. About the only others I would want are a Moria Orc and Lurtz or Armored Helms Deep Uruk-Hai.

you have to see this in person, the paint, skin details and everything blows away the skaar piece. Skaar is nice (i have it too) but it's a pretty standard statue. Maybe because it's my first troll and those who already own the cave troll dont feel as wowed, but i just cant stop looking at this piece. Soooo good! especially with that little dwarf!

Yeah, in person the greenish (if you can call it that) isn't like that to the naked eye. This is on par with the Original Cave Troll for coolness.
just letting you know i went for lurtz. Love the snow troll but lurtz in premium format is better for me any way. It was a good price mint and exclusive.

For all who got the snow troll very cool congrats......I was so close:panic::panic:

The Lurtz Ex is great. I wish I still had him. My wife is still pissed that I got rid of him, and that was two years ago. No matter what piece comes in the house, at some point she is sure to throw out the "it's not as cool as Lurtz".:slap:lol

Last edited:
Finally got to take some pics of this masterpiece! Man, it was a pain in the ass lugging him through the house. I was pretty nervous going up the stairs especially after realizing that I should have taken his arm off and just made two trips.:slap But luckily he made it back and forth ok.

Here's some with the Dwarf:

8.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Back